Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 03-05-2011, 07:44 AM
msadh099

Ppl, sorry if any of my above comments bothered u, but i come from a deeply religious family. My uncle had did severe penance and had actually was graced by shiva and parvathi. I had since childhood been very devoted. 10 months back, shiva appeared in my vision and said he would help me some challenges that i was facing in life but before that i would have to undergo some suffering for my sins. I never doubted even once that it was siva himself. My uncle used to say whatever u think of can in day can come in ur dreams. But even if u think abt god whole day, u won't get dreams except if he desires. At first, i thought i could handle challenges if they come in my life as i consider myself to have a strong mind. But, the kind of humiliation i underwent in the in between period has made me very seriously reconsider everything i had been told abt god. I underwent and am still the most horrowing experiences anybody could experience in life. I know this may be contradictory to what we all have heard abt god being compassionate, merciful and so on. I was so close to him once and have been stripped of all dignity in my life because of that. Pls do not think iam a nut case because iam complaining abt somebody i know many in this forum may be so deeply devoted. Iam an IT professional and had been an devout tamil brahmin who is an atheist today.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:47 AM
aghora

Quote:
Originally Posted by msadh099
Ppl, sorry if any of my above comments bothered u, but i come from a deeply religious family. My uncle had did severe penance and had actually was graced by shiva and parvathi. I had since childhood been very devoted. 10 months back, shiva appeared in my vision and said he would help me some challenges that i was facing in life but before that i would have to undergo some suffering for my sins. I never doubted even once that it was siva himself. My uncle used to say whatever u think of can in day can come in ur dreams. But even if u think abt god whole day, u won't get dreams except if he desires. At first, i thought i could handle challenges if they come in my life as i consider myself to have a strong mind. But, the kind of humiliation i underwent in the in between period has made me very seriously reconsider everything i had been told abt god. I underwent and am still the most horrowing experiences anybody could experience in life. I know this may be contradictory to what we all have heard abt god being compassionate, merciful and so on. I was so close to him once and have been stripped of all dignity in my life because of that. Pls do not think iam a nut case because iam complaining abt somebody i know many in this forum may be so deeply devoted. Iam an IT professional and had been an devout tamil brahmin who is an atheist today.

i again sympathize with you and pray that your ordeal ends soon. consider an example - a child is suffering from an affliction that needs painful medical surgery. the parents decide to go ahead with the surgery knowing fully well that though the child would suffer, his chances of having a happy life thereafter are assured. your case can be likened to this example except that the child is blaming the parents for putting him thru the pain. dear, please understand that god knows what's best for each one of us. so do not lose hope, continue to have faith and things should improve as has been promised to you.
Old 26-05-2011, 05:18 PM
astroboy

Here's an uplifting hymn that will help you.

Deh Siva bar Mohe is a hymn believed to be written by Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Sikh Guru, in the Dasam Granth.

The hymn is a part of Chandi Charitar Ukti Bilas, a section of the Dasam Granth. Throughout Sikh scriptures, the Sikh Gurus use both Hindu and Muslim names for god to refer to Waheguru. [1]The word "Siva" primarily means Waheguru and represents God as monotheistic, undescribed, unseen and immortal.

ਦੇਹ ਸਿਵਾ ਬਰੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਇਹੈ ਸੁਭ ਕਰਮਨ ਤੇ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨ ਟਰੋਂ ॥
ਨ ਡਰੋਂ ਅਰਿ ਸੋ ਜਬ ਜਾਇ ਲਰੋਂ ਨਿਸਚੈ ਕਰਿ ਅਪੁਨੀ ਜੀਤ ਕਰੋਂ ॥
ਅਰੁ ਸਿਖ ਹੋਂ ਆਪਨੇ ਹੀ ਮਨ ਕੌ ਇਹ ਲਾਲਚ ਹਉ ਗੁਨ ਤਉ ਉਚਰੋਂ ॥
ਜਬ ਆਵ ਕੀ ਅਉਧ ਨਿਦਾਨ ਬਨੈ ਅਤਿ ਹੀ ਰਨ ਮੈ ਤਬ ਜੂਝ ਮਰੋਂ ॥੨੩੧॥ [1]

देह शिवा बर मोहे ईहे, शुभ कर्मन ते कभुं न टरूं
न डरौं अरि सौं जब जाय लड़ौं, निश्चय कर अपनी जीत करौं,
अरु सिख हों आपने ही मन कौ इह लालच हउ गुन तउ उचरों,
जब आव की अउध निदान बनै अति ही रन मै तब जूझ मरों ॥२३१॥

Translation: O Lord grant me the boon, that I may never deviate from doing a good deed.
That I shall not fear when I go into combat. And with determination I will be victorious.
That I may teach myself this creed alone, to learn only Thy praises.
And when the last days of my life come, I may die in the might of the battlefield.
-- Guru Gobind Singh
Old 26-05-2011, 05:54 PM
northstar

tell me of your dream... i've only met one hindu spirit in the eather, sitting naked with only gold jewelry in meditation... then again when he rushed up to me and asked the spirits around me 'is he the one?'... with a big smile...

point being... attachment to all things seemed to be his guiding teaching...
Old 26-05-2011, 06:00 PM
northstar

i only ask be-cause sometimes attachment to pride might be the thing...
Old 27-06-2011, 09:49 PM
excessofexcellence

@Windchime 159..basically Shiva=Om=everything (for me).
@Msadh099...Windchime is correct in pointing out the life of jesus Christ, who was the son of god himself as per the holy bible.. just look at what all he had to endure in human form. It's my personal experience also that ur love for god will have to triumph all sorts of adversities..its not possible to reach great spiritual levels without trials and tribulations.I also have questioned Shiva in the past, but now realise that it was all a part of the larger plan..may Shiva never leave you :)
Old 28-06-2011, 12:03 AM
AngelicOrin

Shiva is a wonderful God to have in your life, I am not Hindi but Spiritual, but always had a deep respect for him. I have learnt much from him.
Old 31-08-2011, 09:23 AM
moksh

u are a pathetik looser and u are blaming lord shiba for not helping u, who do u think he is, do u think he is ur care taker, he is brahma himself, nirguna , niranjana nirbakalpa. he is the supreme. he is the yogis of all yogi, he is the annihilator of maya. he is the highest point in the penance. we should stribe to be like me. whateba u face wether u suffer or feel pleasure is based on ur karmas, lord shiba has nothing to do wid it. he is komplete in himself and he doesnt need ur bhakti to be komplete. stop whining and be a man, stand up and face the world, u are a coward wid no bakbone. be brabe and face the world and dont blame god and goddess for ur misfortune, who doesnt habe a problem in life, who are not humiliated in this world, jesus died in cross and he didnt blame god for that but instead asked god to forgibe the sinners. is ur suffering more then jesus. all u lack is a masculinity and sitaution makes a man and u are denying ur core and blaming it on lord, grow up and be a man and face the world
Old 15-09-2011, 02:39 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by moksh
u are a pathetik looser and u are blaming lord shiba for not helping u, who do u think he is, do u think he is ur care taker, he is brahma himself, nirguna , niranjana nirbakalpa. he is the supreme. he is the yogis of all yogi, he is the annihilator of maya. he is the highest point in the penance. we should stribe to be like me. whateba u face wether u suffer or feel pleasure is based on ur karmas, lord shiba has nothing to do wid it. he is komplete in himself and he doesnt need ur bhakti to be komplete. stop whining and be a man, stand up and face the world, u are a coward wid no bakbone. be brabe and face the world and dont blame god and goddess for ur misfortune, who doesnt habe a problem in life, who are not humiliated in this world, jesus died in cross and he didnt blame god for that but instead asked god to forgibe the sinners. is ur suffering more then jesus. all u lack is a masculinity and sitaution makes a man and u are denying ur core and blaming it on lord, grow up and be a man and face the world

Who are you refering this too? Also can you write without the slang isntead of u for you, and komplete for complete...it is very hard to read you have said.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:28 PM
moderndayguru

I read what he said fine, but Shiva wouldn't want you to come with a response this aggressive Moksh. Shiva is the lord of destruction, but do you think Shiva will remove the destruction for you, or teach you how to remove your own negatives from life? What kind of teacher would Shiva be if he did things for you; I think Shiva will point you in the right direction; and help you learn divine wisdom and truths to live a healthy and spiritual life. I had a very very very horrifying experience that left me in a paranoid and depressed mental state, I prayed to lord Shiva and Lord Ganesha to help me, and within the past 6 months i have learned so many things that i am no longer depressed; but more happy within myself. Shiva is a kind lord; but you have to ask with kind heart and not with ego. If you want help, pray to lord Ganesha to help you overcome obstacles and pray to Shiva to give you the strength to overcome your fears. I suggest you look into the miracles of Rudraksha to help too. My blessings, Namaste.