Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-11-2018, 08:22 PM
Master
Color Does your spirituality relate to humanity & Planet Earth?

So far as I understand, all spirituality is involved with one’s inner nature and how that relates to a larger Reality.

I think it would be interesting to discuss whether or not you'd say your spirituality relates to the human race. Also, does it relate (or not) to Earth as a biosphere supporting all living “earthly” organisms?

Please post your view. I make no judgments here. All viewpoints are welcome.
Old 28-11-2018, 11:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
So far as I understand, all spirituality is involved with one’s inner nature and how that relates to a larger Reality.

This seems a reasonable statement.

Quote:
I think it would be interesting to discuss whether or not you'd say your spirituality relates to the human race.

Just as a human being has individual consciousness, so humanity as a whole has collective consciousness. At humanity's current state of evolution that collective consciousness is not fulfilling its potential, but it is moving in the right direction. As we each raise our own consciousness, so we help to raise the consciousness of humanity. And as humanity evolves, so individual development increases.

Thus the yogi meditating in a cave is actually performing a great service to human evolution.

Quote:
Also, does it relate (or not) to Earth as a biosphere supporting all living “earthly” organisms?

The Ancient Wisdom teaches that the Earth we inhabit is the physical body of a much greater Being, just as the Sun is the physical body of an even greater Being. And just as a human being has its own astral and mental bodies, so does the Planetary Being have an astral and mental body.

Humanity as a whole is an expression of planetary purpose and intelligence, although at the moment it is a very imperfect expression. And as the Earth evolves, so humanity evolves. One of the functions of humanity (the fourth kingdom of nature) is to act as the intermediary between the higher spiritual kingdoms and the lower three kingdoms (animal, vegetable, mineral). As humanity evolves it will fulfil its purpose more effectively. And in turn this will assist planetary evolution.

And so it goes on.

Peace.
Old 29-11-2018, 02:03 AM
Master

Quote:

I think it would be interesting to discuss whether or not you'd say your spirituality relates to the human race. Also, does it relate (or not) to Earth as a biosphere supporting all living “earthly” organisms?

Please post your view. I make no judgments here. All viewpoints are welcome.

Are you asking, in other words, how much the development of human society on Earth matters to our non-physical essences that incarnate into us? In my opinion, just as much as a particular school organization matters for the hole humanity, and for an individual human. You might prefer one school over others, but if that closes, or its quality degrades, you'll pick another one and move on.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-11-2018, 04:38 AM
Master
I feel just me existing relates to humanity and other living things much more so than i could ever even imagine. In both productive and destructive ways. Each life touches another.
Old 29-11-2018, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I feel just me existing relates to humanity and other living things much more so than i could ever even imagine. In both productive and destructive ways. Each life touches another.
Yes. Thanks for the reply.

You mention two 'ways'. Do you feel any desire to feed the "productive" — I might put it, "contributive" — aspect of those paired principles?
Old 29-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Master
iamthat and inavalan, thanks for explaining your views.
Old 29-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Master
I guess that "my spirituality" invites a new way to look at my spirituality as it's sort of an enigma generally you know? but if I can reflect on it accurately, I would say that my spirituality has quite a lot to do with Earth and the living things here, especially the plantlife all around. I think of it all as divine creation with loving soul I guess you could say. and I suppose I don't think or know or experience much else beyond this Earthly realm or my own limited head. I don't do astral traveling or have intense dreams or talk to spirits or angels and so on, though I am open to some kind of things like that eventually.. so my spiritual experience is pretty practical in nature and has to do with the feelings I feel in my body and heart and soul, whatever of all that I am capable of sensing. it does sometimes feel like an other-worldly swelling and enthusiasm but I just try to appreciate the beauty and wonders before me, and that I am able to create as a human.. and that others can create and share as experience too. so my spirituality includes others and that similar loving core or soul I feel they all have too.

I see it like we are all here to learn, live, and love, and help create a better evolved more positive peaceful place. to work with the Earth and help it thrive and perhaps do things with our assistance that it couldn't on its own or can't because of our intrusion and misguidance. for example I learned that some animals, cat and dog, turned themselves into vegetarians when spending time in a giza scaled pyramid with a Mr. Flanagan's experiments. He didn't try to achieve this result it just happened as a happy side effect.. and that got me thinking about the giant pyramids around the world and the Sphinx riddles and maybe they used to house big cars of the world in pyramids to tame them and make them less carnivorous or something. seems far-fetched sure but they did use those pyramids for something(s) awesome. and I just think how we could be helping wildlife and life in general here on Earth in a lot of ways with our human ingenuity and capabilities and tools etc.. of course we could be helping each other more too lol but anyway that's the kind of world or life on Earth I imagine and I think it's possible and perhaps we have examples from the past but it could be our goal to create something better and more long-lasting. the possibilities are endless as are each individual person's.

I see that harming the Earth or being deprived of it or too far deviated from it is what causes harm to living beings and we can learn that and move on from it to exist more symbiotically. there's damage to be undone but we can just use that as starting points, within each person, other living being, and with the habitats and ecosystems on the Earth. I mean it seems pretty mundane but I just love the idea of all the potential and infinite creation that can exist. and I especially think since we are here on Earth we have to try harder to honor it and the rules and laws here. I mean I know there is a lot about life and Earth I can't understand or need to grasp better, like about death and destruction and such, but overall I see life and regeneration and hope and peace. one quote that I like which may or may not relate here, is

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Khalil Gibran

I've learned about the healing power of pretty much everything on Earth (I mean some things can be harmful yes but we do have more than one senses to appreciate stuff with and our minds and beyond as well) and it fills me with a lot of joy and faith. sorry this is so long lol and not sure if I really answered the question you asked or if that's my total answer but that'll have to do for now how would you answer your own inquiries Tanemon?
Old 30-11-2018, 03:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes. Thanks for the reply.

You mention two 'ways'. Do you feel any desire to feed the "productive" — I might put it, "contributive" — aspect of those paired principles?

Absolutely not. If i'm volunteering to make a contribution its because the opportunity presented itself and i took advantage of it. Not out of a desire to do so.
Old 30-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes of course, how can you be spiritual without relating to that which makes us spiritual? Our innate human nature?