Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 06-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Suspended
Incense for energizing physically?

Are there any incense used for energizing your motivation physically? Or are incense all used for relaxation?
Thanks
Old 13-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Master
I've only used incense for cleansing. A nice blend of oils for this is two drops of rosemary, one drop of eucalyptus, and two drops of lavender. Peppermint is another oil which is good on it's own, plus it makes a nice cup of tea ~ perhaps read up about the way it stimulates/soothes :)
Old 20-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Knower

I like citrus oils, like lemon, orange or grapefruit, and also peppermint for energizing.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:13 PM
Guide

The thing I hate about buying incense is that your never sure if your getting the real thing or some imitation. That's why I usually prefer to burn Palo Santo wood sticks. I kind of liken their effects to three different types of effects. They have both a relaxing effect and a rejuvenating (energizing) effect, while at the same time having this "mild buzz" effect, but more like a spiritual high.

St. Boneventure wrote about Palo Santo (Lignum Vitae) in a work called "The Lignum Vitae of Saint Boneventure. That's what first caused me to be interested in them. Palo Santo also means "holy wood." They work extremely well when you feel burn out. Just light one and inhale the smoke through your nose. When you do it that way, the odor may appear a little harsh at first, but you feel great afterwards.

Also, I have to agree with the post written prior to mine in regards to Citrus Oils like Lemon and Orange. I've used both of them, and also find them both to be very rejuvenating.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Pathfinder
I got tea rose recently and really like it so far
Old 17-01-2017, 04:56 AM
Knower

Citrus smells are definitely energizing. I also find camphor good for clearing my head if it feels foggy with fatigue. Another oil that I have that wakes me up is citronella because as soon as I open the bottle, whew! That stuff is STRONG! I also have this blend called cheer up buttercup. It's made by the company NOW and that's my favorite company to get my oils from. Lastly, I like my clove oil because it smells like fall and Christmas and it makes me happy.
Old 25-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Deactivated Account
I've only burned white sage for energy cleansing and found it also relaxed me before bed time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiegirl
I also have this blend called cheer up buttercup.

Sounds exactly like what I need!
Old 25-05-2017, 05:28 AM
Master

One of my favourite energising blends is 'Australian Bush Scents' ot has Lemon myrtle, Rosalina and Nerolina which are all derived from native plants of Australia.

I'm not sure how easy it is to come by overseas buuut rosalina is a type of Melaleuca or tea tree oil... it smells smoother and softer than traditional Melealeuca oil Nerolina is another type of Melaleuca oil as well. They all have sharp citrusy tones in my opinion.
Kunzea oil is a newed popular oil also Australian which is said to have a 'refreshing' effect.
It is apparently more popular for its smell than the mix I wrote about earlier but... I tend to prefer the first mix better.

Peppermint I have always loved... it is 'my' smell. I find it ro be both relaxing as well as uplifting and energising... I use it for pretty much everything lol.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:42 AM
Knower

Incense you're referring I believe? I love Dragon's Blood incense, Sage sticks works great for me. Both of them have a very masculine energetic essence to them that really energises me. It can depend on the individual on what you actually find the smell is energising. Som people loves the smell of Lavender, while another would dislike it