Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Scripture.

"To lose ones soul is to gain the whole world". I have lost my identity and need to find it again. This scripture tells me I lost my soul? I know i am not the person I use to be, but changed and I know it. I am happier, friendly, caring, things I never use to be. I like the new me, but how come I changed, especially to lose my soul? I want to believe I am a "child of God" for I am saved!
Paul
Old 14-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
"To lose ones soul is to gain the whole world". I have lost my identity and need to find it again. This scripture tells me I lost my soul? I know i am not the person I use to be, but changed and I know it. I am happier, friendly, caring, things I never use to be. I like the new me, but how come I changed, especially to lose my soul? I want to believe I am a "child of God" for I am saved!
Paul

How do you know PJ that you have lost your soul ?
Old 14-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Master

You haven't lost your soul, dear Paul. Don't worry.

And you are a child of God ... So, let the light of God shine through you, in the form of kindness and compassion, and spreading happiness.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 14-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Ascender

you can lose a lot you aren't in life but you soul you will never lose
Old 15-11-2015, 02:03 PM
Lorelyen

The only scripture of ultimate importance to you is the one you write. Everyone should write their own holy book.

You can't lose your soul - you can grow it, get more in touch with it - but anyone who talks about losing the soul is, frankly, talking bull.
Old 15-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious-one
Paul

I don't know the context of this 'scripture' as it was written, but just based on the wording alone, it sounds like a reference to individuals becoming so consciously identified with the ways and happenings of the physical world that they become (consciously) disconnected from their spiritual essence and the non-physical dimension of their existence. In other words they mistake themselves for their physical bodies and wordly lives - being in the dark about their soul/spirit.

As others have said, you cannot lose your soul - that is what you are. 'Losing your soul' is just a figure of speach that speaks to forgetting your true nature/identity.

You report above that you are finding yourself to be happier, friendlier, more caring, etc. These are positive developments to be celebrated - it's good news. Nothing to do with the notion of losing your soul. I would not make that association at all...

Last edited by wolfgaze : 15-11-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 15-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you all I needed that. I believe my mind is my soul/spirit. God breathed into Adam his breath and he became a living soul/spirit. I to, believe my mind is a soul/spirit, I sense it and I cannot explain how I do. Curious-one
Old 15-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Seeker
Hi, Is this the verse in question?
Mark 8:36 "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

If so, then this has a much different meaning than what you originally quoted.

I read this as;
How does one benefit spiritually if they are consumed with materialistic 'worldly' pleasures?

Or, you can have the world, and everything in it. But if you aren't spiritually aware, you have nothing.

I'm just guessing here, I really know nothing.