Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-09-2012, 06:16 AM
3dnow

Life purpose is facing fear of life?

I was watching a documentary last night, I watched the animals, they are all living life as an adventure... We humans try to avoid this adventure generally. We are looking for security.
What if this is not life's purpose? Perhaps our normal state is "spirit" and we come here to live an adventure but out of fear we forget the real purpose.

What an adventure means? To me it means trying to live without obeying others. Living as free as possible. This is dangerous but I can easily feel the real happiness of not knowing the future and not obeying anyone.

Last edited by 3dnow : 21-09-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 21-09-2012, 08:37 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
I was watching a documentary last last, I watched the animals, they are all living life as an adventure... We humans try to avoid this adventure generally. We are looking for security.
What if this is not life's purpose? Perhaps our normal state is "spirit" and we come here to live an adventure but out of fear we forget the real purpose.

What an adventure means? To me it means trying to live without obeying others. Living as free as possible. This is dangerous but I can easily feel the real happiness of not knowing the future and not obeying anyone.

I think we are born being told what to do, how to live, what is expected of us. Most people live their whole lives without questioning this, and get on with it. We are born in debt to a system that protects us and gives us a false sense of security. It constantly injects us with a message of fear, and how we must keep obeying and working for the system to keep that security in place, but that security is largely an illusion and it certainly takes the mystery and wonder out of our little adventure.

I personally think it is important to not conform to authority, to consensus opinion or to anyone or anything other than our own heart, our inner guidance. There is a balance. If you are a good person, you will rarely break the law and when you do it will be minor and your good will should keep you out of trouble. We should not listen to what people expect of us, we should only listen to our hearts, and we should not fear death. If we don't care what happens to our bodies, then we are empowered beyond all manner of belief. Easier said than done.

Society is a snake pit of ego games ready to tear you apart if only you will let it. Follow your own heart and don't give a damn about reputation or status and you will live from a noble place and life will be an adventure.

That's the way I see it.
Old 21-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Zen Knightly

Wow Peacegarden. I don't know if you ever studied Joseph Campbell the power of myth but that is exactly what he teaches. To revolt against the established system. He recommends we listen to our inner voice and to fully live our bliss. Do what makes you happy. Do what speaks to your heart and lights up your soul.

Thank you for sharing I enjoyed reading this thread and I hope you will always:

Follow your bliss!!!
Old 21-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Guide
Conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
I think we are born being told what to do, how to live, what is expected of us. Most people live their whole lives without questioning this, and get on with it. We are born in debt to a system that protects us and gives us a false sense of security. It constantly injects us with a message of fear, and how we must keep obeying and working for the system to keep that security in place, but that security is largely an illusion and it certainly takes the mystery and wonder out of our little adventure.

That is sadly very true
Humanity is being conditioned on a powerful grand scale.
For the last 15 centuries we were being conditioned by our religious institutions about how weak and sinful we are, and all sorts of limitations were placed on us to prevent us from exploring our spirituality - ie the Inquisition and witch hunts.

When the Religious institution began to lose its grip and control over humanity, the media stepped in.

I like to switch the TV off sometimes and enjoy life without those external influences. I find when I embarked on this spiritual path I had a LOT of conditioning to get rid of.

Old 21-09-2012, 12:31 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden

I personally think it is important to not conform to authority, to consensus opinion or to anyone or anything other than our own heart, our inner guidance. There is a balance. If you are a good person, you will rarely break the law and when you do it will be minor and your good will should keep you out of trouble. We should not listen to what people expect of us, we should only listen to our hearts, and we should not fear death. If we don't care what happens to our bodies, then we are empowered beyond all manner of belief. Easier said than done.

Society is a snake pit of ego games ready to tear you apart if only you will let it. Follow your own heart and don't give a damn about reputation or status and you will live from a noble place and life will be an adventure.

That's the way I see it.

I will try to explain you my real question. It will be hard to understand perhaps. I have the impression that my thinking is really different from others.

Everybody have been asking this question here for years: "What is the purpose of life?" I think I found the answer. The purpose of life is letting go fear of life. We don't come here to be protected by others. The purpose is to live freely without giving power to anyone. But out of fear we forget this purpose.

But you respond as if I were saying something very obvious like apples are red. So I repeat my question. Is this the purpose of life? If your answer is yes, where did you read it, I would like to read too.

Was that clear? Thanks.
Old 21-09-2012, 12:54 PM
I would say the purpose of life is to be connected to
The Creator.
When this happens the question of anything else
Disappears...there is no fear, lack, worry, jealousy,
Indignation, angers and the like.
(I don't say this bec of a book...but, it is written in all scriptures and
The mystics guide us to this realization...example, Seek the Kingdom of
Heaven first.
Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart...)

I would say go to the root of the issue, then a question can be
answered better from it's core.

Why is there fear?
See, that is what I mean.
Then, someone may say, Well, why is there life?

When these are understood at their core...the other philosophies
Are just that...philosophies, speculation or theories.
Old 21-09-2012, 01:19 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I would say the purpose of life is to be connected to
The Creator.
When this happens the question of anything else
Disappears...there is no fear, lack, worry, jealousy,
Indignation, angers and the like.
(I don't say this bec of a book...but, it is written in all scriptures and
The mystics guide us to this realization...example, Seek the Kingdom of
Heaven first.
Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart...)

I would say go to the root of the issue, then a question can be
answered better from it's core.

Why is there fear?
See, that is what I mean.
Then, someone may say, Well, why is there life?

When these are understood at their core...the other philosophies
Are just that...philosophies, speculation or theories.

Hi miss,

I don't believe in a creator but that's not the issue. ..

"Why is there fear?"

My answer is: If you do not feel the fear you are asleep.

How you could not fear? You have no idea where you are.

3d
Old 21-09-2012, 01:28 PM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Knightly
Wow Peacegarden. I don't know if you ever studied Joseph Campbell the power of myth but that is exactly what he teaches. To revolt against the established system. He recommends we listen to our inner voice and to fully live our bliss. Do what makes you happy. Do what speaks to your heart and lights up your soul.

Thank you for sharing I enjoyed reading this thread and I hope you will always:

Follow your bliss!!!

Not heard of him, but may look him up so thanks! It's just something I've always know instinctively, but never more than now. It's a lonely place sometimes though, many people don't understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
I like to switch the TV off sometimes and enjoy life without those external influences. I find when I embarked on this spiritual path I had a LOT of conditioning to get rid of.

Good idea! The TV conditions us in ways we have no idea. I rarely put it on anymore. Half hour of TV can leave days worth of subconscious conflict that plays over and over in the unseen mind, influencing your reality.
Old 21-09-2012, 01:31 PM
peacegarden

Quote:
I will try to explain you my real question. It will be hard to understand perhaps. I have the impression that my thinking is really different from others.

Everybody have been asking this question here for years: "What is the purpose of life?" I think I found the answer. The purpose of life is letting go fear of life. We don't come here to be protected by others. The purpose is to live freely without giving power to anyone. But out of fear we forget this purpose.

But you respond as if I were saying something very obvious like apples are red. So I repeat my question. Is this the purpose of life? If your answer is yes, where did you read it, I would like to read too.

Was that clear? Thanks.

My apologies, I didn't realize you were actually asking what is the purpose of life. In my opinion, yes, we have to overcome all fear, and as far as I see it, all fear stems from one fear, the fear of death. There is no rational reason to fear death, we can't control it anyway.

But that's just the way I see it.
Old 21-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
but I can easily feel the real happiness of not knowing the future and not obeying anyone.

I was layed off from work this year for the first time in my life and it lasted 5 months. On my last day, an eagle flew overhead and I had never seen one before. The eagle means feedom symbolically and being 'thrown' into the fire of not knowing what will happen next turned out to be 5 months of something I will never forget looking back on my life.....the word 'freedom' fits it well.