Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-03-2012, 06:42 AM
3dnow

Do we become what we fear?

(some folks don't seem to like that I start that many threads but these days I am letting go fear I am very active)

5 years of experience with letting go fear. I have the impression that we become what we fear. For example, we fear a person. We first reject him/her but because of fear we are obliged to adopt their thinking and behavior. We then forget that we took this path because of fear. We may even come to a point where we defend his way of thinking that we initially didn't like.

We are possessed by our fear.

This starts with religion.

This is interesting because a killer for example probably became a killer because he feared something and got lost.

Makes sense?

3d
Old 20-03-2012, 09:02 AM
DreamBliss

I think this can be true within the limits of ones psyche and nature. In other words you can't become a psycho killer by fearing them. Assuming that you are not, by nature, a killer.

Fear = Focus and Fear = Constraint

I started a thread covering some aspects of this. When you fear you focus on something you don't like or don't want, and this lends power to the undesirable thing.

Fear also causes a person to constrain, withdraw. They are closed to that which they fear, and that makes it easier for the fear to hurt them or for them to be controlled by it.

If you let go of your fear, and receive that which you fear with open arms (love) and without judgement (focus) you are in a position to transform it, and as Richard Rohr teaches in, "The Naked Now" you also prevent any projection of this fear, or your negative response to it, on others.

Well those are my thoughts -
- DreamBliss
Old 20-03-2012, 09:42 AM
rsingh

Yes 3d, you are correct. We attract what we fear. All that we resist persists both within and without.
Old 20-03-2012, 11:20 AM
3dnow

Thanks for your replies...

I tested on myself:

We mix no-fear with stubbornness.

We think we act freely, which is in fact stubbornness which is based on fear.

Even worse, unconsciously we know devil did the same (of course there is no devil in fact - it is an unconscious fear).

Because of fear, we self-judge ourselves: Ah no I am the devil.

We lose control.

The way out is: I can be devil no problem and we are back to normal.

3d
Old 20-03-2012, 03:44 PM
GuiYoM

If I'm afraid of people, I will be avoiding them.
Old 20-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Master
I'm not afraid of people but I'll be avoiding them somewhat anyways.

I think the fact is that fear, unconscious or otherwise, is about a frequency and if we resonate at that frequency we will attract that which we fear.

So the art of being unattractive may be the art we seek to attain.
Old 20-03-2012, 07:35 PM
GuiYoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
I'm not afraid of people but I'll be avoiding them somewhat anyways.

I think the fact is that fear, unconscious or otherwise, is about a frequency and if we resonate at that frequency we will attract that which we fear.

So the art of being unattractive may be the art we seek to attain.

The most simple answer to this topic would have been: yes.

Why searching deeper ? Theres no points becasue theres no real answer, theres only actions I guess. Its might be something we attract, or stick arround Us.
Old 21-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Do we become what we fear?
I have never become a spider.
Old 22-03-2012, 05:24 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark

Are you sure?

3d
Old 22-03-2012, 09:02 AM
DreamBliss

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark

If you learn how to enter the spiritual realms through Astral Projection, assuming you haven't already, and you learn the ability of shape-shifting, you can then certainly become a spider.

I bet you loved the move, "Arachnophobia"...

I would like to shape-shift into an anthropomorphic computer animated chipmunk. Please don't ask why...
- DreamBliss