Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 29-12-2011, 11:31 AM
my_road

nature spirits

hi with nature spirits its a feeling of them being in spirit form now but i get an odd feeling that they were in the earthly body years ago but man was not so nice back then and it was dark times, like man would chase, scare, hunt them down but as of lately it does seem nature spirit want to work with humans again but only the understanding and trusty people, what do u think on this?
Old 01-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Boldylocks

You could be on to something. Even now, there is this abusive mentality with humans--not that humans even believe in these Beings now,but if a faery or gnome were in a vulnerable position around many humans, they definitely would not be treated with any respect-- and probably alot of abuse ,exploitation , etc. I'ts still dark times for many humans- sad to say.

I do think that there are groups of Faery that are now willing to try to reconnect with humankind again-if just to try to get mankind to wake up to the fact we are really destroying the Wild Kingdom and Nature with our greed. Yes, as you mentioned-I do think the Fae realize which human would be more open for them to reach as compared to those humans still living in the dark ages.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:25 PM
dhaga

The fae have always been a secretive people, but there was a time when they did not hide away as much as they do now. As noted, abuse and exploitation has taught them about the evil and dangerous sides of humanity.

Boldy -- I agree there are groups that are trying to reconnect. There are other groups that are still adverse to the idea, and in this the fae are divided. They will always be closer to each other than they are to humans...but I am all for the reconnection. There is an awakening of possibilities currently going on; more people are open to their existence and the possibilities of the relationship we can hold with the fae. All races can benefit from the joining, as long as mutual respect is maintained.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaga
The fae have always been a secretive people, but there was a time when they did not hide away as much as they do now. As noted, abuse and exploitation has taught them about the evil and dangerous sides of humanity.
This isn't really true. Nearly all mythoi and folklore show that land-spirits have always been a mixed bag. Some are hostile to people and some are willing to lend a hand when needed. That is because nature's key attribute is ruthlessness; it makes sense for beings who personify natural phenomenon and inhabit the natural world to be vicious at times - just like animals.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:07 AM
feralfae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
This isn't really true. Nearly all mythoi and folklore show that land-spirits have always been a mixed bag. Some are hostile to people and some are willing to lend a hand when needed. That is because nature's key attribute is ruthlessness; it makes sense for beings who personify natural phenomenon and inhabit the natural world to be vicious at times - just like animals.

Indeed. Also, just like humans. Many nature spirits do want to connect with humans, others are more guarded... some were never inclined to connect with humanity at all. It helps to seek them out, and to be willing to connect with them and learn from them and about them. Being respectful of nature also helps. Even humans are disinclined to treat other humans well when those other humans are destroying their homes.