Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 27-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Experiencer
Getting help in the forest?

I was walking my dog on my property so he didn't have a leash as we are deep in the country with no road close by. We always take the same trails daily, never had a problem but today there was a deer in the pasture and it was very close, I was hoping my dog would not notice it but...he did and ran after it. The deer of course took off running full speed...all the way through our forest. I called and called my dog without success. He never broke his focus on his chase. I got quite scared to lose him. So I sent out a little request and just said "Please guardians of the forest lead my dog back home. Thanks". That was just the "inspiration" of the moment, I actually do not know if there are some "Guardians of the forest". My dog finally came back home.
I was just wondering if there are "Guardians of the forest" that we can call out for help for ourselves or animals? If there are, do they have a name? is what I did the way to communicate to them?
Thanks!
Peace

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Master Yeshua)
Old 27-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Deactivated Account

hi Shalimar,

I don't know for certain, but I think the name you chose " Guardians of the Forest " is very cool. And I do believe they heard you, and helped your dog return home, so I think your way of communication worked very well.

Looking forward to what others have to say on the name.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 28-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Lisa

Hi Shalimar,

Guardians or not.
Don't miss the forest itself.

The deer is part of the forest.

Old 28-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Master
guardians of the forest sounds lovely, like angels that watch over all in the forest. Sweet. :-)
Old 28-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Master
"Guardians of the Forest" - OK, but be aware that they are not at your beck and call. They are Nature Spirits and may or may not help you. Firstly, however, they have to get to know you and that takes time. You have to become part of the forest yourself. But, if you are accepted, then a whole new world opens up
Old 28-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Master
Okay, Norseman, that's very interesting because I spent a lot of time in this one particular forest and I've had some very unique experiences, so if what you say is true, they I guess I've been very much accepted. :-)
Old 31-12-2011, 02:53 AM
AngelPsychic444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalimar
I was walking my dog on my property so he didn't have a leash as we are deep in the country with no road close by. We always take the same trails daily, never had a problem but today there was a deer in the pasture and it was very close, I was hoping my dog would not notice it but...he did and ran after it. The deer of course took off running full speed...all the way through our forest. I called and called my dog without success. He never broke his focus on his chase. I got quite scared to lose him. So I sent out a little request and just said "Please guardians of the forest lead my dog back home. Thanks". That was just the "inspiration" of the moment, I actually do not know if there are some "Guardians of the forest". My dog finally came back home.
I was just wondering if there are "Guardians of the forest" that we can call out for help for ourselves or animals? If there are, do they have a name? is what I did the way to communicate to them?
Thanks!
Peace

That's a great story, I'm sure the nature spirits can help you with anything especially animals... so I'm glad you thought to ask them for help!!

Old 31-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Experiencer
Thank you all for your input ! I guess I must have become "part of the forest" like Norseman said, for years now, but without knowing much about it. I not only love the forest in itself, but also each of its inhabitants like the trees, plants, animals....I've always felt "home" in the forest, like among kindred spirits. I walked a lot in forests; there was that one forest, a State Park, where I was going before I moved to another place where I started to say greetings and thanking the forest for the wonderful time I had (again without knowing if that is what you do, it just came on me, like when I asked for help the other day). Wonderful things happened to me in that forest, from visions to animal encounters like that day when a dozen of deers followed me closely in line that was an awesome day of communion with the forest and the animals within. I'll never forget it.

It's not been a year that I moved now to my new place, so it is a new forest and I have not walked in it a lot but maybe I've been accepted already.
The only things is that up to now in my life, I have only "bonded" to the forest through "natural instinct" without any knowledge behind. Like for example, I didn't know to quote Norseman that "They are Nature Spirits and may or may not help you. Firstly, however, they have to get to know you and that takes time. You have to become part of the forest yourself. "

I would be much grateful to back up my "natural instinct" by "more indepth knowledge" about the Nature spirits and the way to communicate with them. There might be others also interested to deepen their "knowledge" of the forest past their natural instinct...

Thus, Norseman and anyone else with more understanding of the forest and the "Guardians of the forest" as I named them, the trees,... could you please share more with us?
Thanks

Peace

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Master Yeshua)
Old 07-01-2012, 04:26 AM
feralfae

Cat

I love your description, "Guardians of the Forest". I agree, it does sound as if you have been accepted. There are many different types of nature spirits, faeries, elementals, and nature deities. Of course, not all nature spirits are benevolent to humans... but it sounds like these were.

The way you communicated with them is one way of doing it, and a way that I often do. It's kind of the faery interaction variety of the good, old, "Dear God, HELP!" prayer. Nice that you thanked them, that's usually a good idea. You can also just say hello (silently or under your breath, if you're worried about sounding wacky. Cleaning up trash from natural environments is a good place to start. You can meditate under, and on trees. Ask them if they have any advice for you. You can leave food out as gifts for them.

Some specific examples:

The Lady of the Woods (usually associated with birch groves)

The Holly King and the Oak King (each rules half the year: Holly in Winter, Oak in summer)

Dryads (forest spirits)

The Green Man

The Horned God (known as Cernunnos, Herne, Pan...)

The Elementals -Undines, Gnomes, Sylphs, and Salamanders (water, earth, air, and fire -- respectively)
Old 07-01-2012, 04:32 AM
vulkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"Guardians of the Forest" - OK, but be aware that they are not at your beck and call. They are Nature Spirits and may or may not help you. Firstly, however, they have to get to know you and that takes time. You have to become part of the forest yourself. But, if you are accepted, then a whole new world opens up
Exactly, the spirit of place at my brothers property took forever to adjust to me. While now treats me as an ally, I could never be considered a friend.
The nature spirits that reside there however, some are good while the others well. Lets just say they want to kill me every chance they get.
No they aren't evil, they just don't know me.