Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-07-2011, 06:33 PM
3dnow

Scientific study

Hi forum,

I am doing a scientific study of mind and need your precious help.

The question is for those who have been observing their thoughts.

When you judge a thought as "bad" (i.e. judging yourself as bad), do you observe it more frequently although you want to forget it?

Please do not hesitate to share if you have other related observations.

Thanks a lot!

3dnow
Old 30-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Topology

I think there is some confusion on how you are grading the question. There is a difference between seeing a thought and believing it's content. Let's consider a negative thought "I am fat". When we believe the thought we are blind to it's existence as thought, it becomes our disposition, and we judge ourselves as bad. If you are in the mode of challenging your beliefs then you are more open to seeing the belief as an erroneous thought. The recognition of an erroneous thought disempowers it's hold over us and atrophies. When you say "judge a thought" are you talking about believing a thought, and this our belief brings it back to us over and over again, or are you talking about seeing a false thought as false and losing belief so that the thought falls away?
Old 30-07-2011, 07:55 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
I think there is some confusion on how you are grading the question. There is a difference between seeing a thought and believing it's content. Let's consider a negative thought "I am fat". When we believe the thought we are blind to it's existence as thought, it becomes our disposition, and we judge ourselves as bad. If you are in the mode of challenging your beliefs then you are more open to seeing the belief as an erroneous thought. The recognition of an erroneous thought disempowers it's hold over us and atrophies. When you say "judge a thought" are you talking about believing a thought, and this our belief brings it back to us over and over again, or are you talking about seeing a false thought as false and losing belief so that the thought falls away?

Hi Top;

Yes let's keep it simple please I am talking about the first one:

"believing a thought, and this belief bringing it back to us over and over again"

It this true? Or at least do you feel it is true?

This will perhaps help me implement a model of self-judgment.

My personal answer is yes. But I doubt this is enough so if I can say -- people observed it.. it may be helpful.

Thanks!

3dnow
Old 30-07-2011, 08:07 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi forum,

I am doing a scientific study of mind and need your precious help.

The question is for those who have been observing their thoughts.

When you judge a thought as "bad" (i.e. judging yourself as bad), do you observe it more frequently although you want to forget it?

Please do not hesitate to share if you have other related observations.

Thanks a lot!

3dnow
There will be a point in your spirituality thatvyou will be so aware of a thought that might come, that in actuality you won't receive thoughts because you are on high alert for observing thoughts. That is part of the process to receive a repetitive thought even observing it. Once the unconscious behavior is in your awareness, you can stop it. Just keep it up. Eventually it will free you from thought. It expands your awareness which is key. Your on the right track, just keep it up. It will pay off.
Old 30-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Topology

Because we believe it, we interpret the world to be consistent with the belief, so we see reminders everywhere. Yes it comes
Back over and over again. Or such is my experience.
Old 30-07-2011, 08:39 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Because we believe it, we interpret the world to be consistent with the belief, so we see reminders everywhere. Yes it comes
Back over and over again. Or such is my experience.

Really good remark thanks.

3dnow
Old 31-07-2011, 02:28 AM
mattie

Big Difference

There is a huge difference between determining that a thought (or emotion) is not useful & that we are ‘bad.’
Old 31-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Student4Life1975

for me, the bad thoughts dont last nearly as long as the good ones. if it does, i evaluate why its still in my head, and determine that its likely important, and needs further "rendering" until it becomes a good one. for example, if i have a thought of my mother dying, thats a legitimate thought, and one that to me warrants more attention. then i use ways to generate good thoughts that can come from it. for instance, it would be horrible if she passed away. why? because there is still so much i want to do with her, or for her to experience. so i immidiately schedule lunch or dinner with her, and ask if she and dad are planning a vacation. those two things ensure that we'll spend more time together, and she'll experience life more by travelling to a nice place. sometimes it takes a little more effort to turn bad thoughts into good ones, but i havnt failed to turn something negative into something positive yet.
Old 31-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Master
I just don't see good and bad in what i do or not do, there is just what is happening, let others do the the judging if they want, its nothing to do with me.
Old 31-07-2011, 09:31 AM
3dnow

Hello,

OK thanks I thought it was obvious!

But no it is not true for everyone.

(not also that the context is not you, it is about the average people who don't know about spiritual development)

Thanks,

3dnow