Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-05-2011, 08:57 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
No you don't need to make an effort to be in the NOW, that's all you can be, is the NOW, the word i am using that is the now is not the NOW, don't get caught up in the label which is just a pointer. This higher self that you speak of is just really the same as being in the NOW, but because of this blissful feeling that you have, you attach it to whatever you believe to be of a higher being or concept, so as to make since out of what you are experiencing.

I feel it is the other way around really. But hey I am still experimenting!

3dnow
Old 18-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
I feel it is the other way around really. But hey I am still experimenting!

3dnow
Yea and that's all we can do is to experiment for ourself and that's really the only place we find our answers from within our own being, so, forget all that I have said and carry on lol.
Old 18-05-2011, 10:06 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yea and that's all we can do is to experiment for ourself and that's really the only place we find our answers from within our own being, so, forget all that I have said and carry on lol.

hehe forget what?

3dnow
Old 18-05-2011, 10:38 AM
3dnow

Hi all,

In this interview Suzanne Foxton says the same thing that I try to describe:

She awakened while washing dishes and she says "the knife became very knifish" (minute 5:07)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_9S1XTXe-o&feature=relmfu

thx,

3dnow
Old 18-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Medium_Laura

There is no worry or fear in the NOW. Everything is calm because we are not anticipating future events, nor dwelling on what we would see as past mistakes. Living in the now (a great book by Eckhart Tolle I might add) is all about peaceful living and I practice it daily ! :)
Old 18-05-2011, 11:02 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
There is no worry or fear in the NOW. Everything is calm because we are not anticipating future events, nor dwelling on what we would see as past mistakes. Living in the now (a great book by Eckhart Tolle I might add) is all about peaceful living and I practice it daily ! :)

We always talk about what isn't in the know (fear, worry , etc). What if there should be something extra in the now making it blissful?

3dnow
Old 18-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Medium_Laura

I think the bliss lies within the now, happiness, contentedness, peace. :)
Old 19-05-2011, 02:33 AM
unus supra

this is fascinating,

the mind and its tapestry of vivid imaginings has an incredible pull. Obviously it yanks most of the worlds population on its pendulum. So we can see why.

Accepting this moment as enough, will not appease the mind, until the mind has come to understand experientially what it is that this particular moment encompasses. We need to understand. Only then can we fully let go and abide in it. Until that point
we are trusting the mind, when the mind teaches us this moment is what we should be in, it is still the mind that
led us, thus the mind that we trust. Even if we have faith in this moment, which many do, this still, when push comes to shove will not be enough.

This path, in the final stanza, takes work, takes training, and takes no ** understanding to decipher what it is our mind is witnessing.
Old 19-05-2011, 03:29 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Hi forum,

Must of us have hard time focusing on the now. What if this is because something is missing in the now, which makes past and future more interesting?

There is somthing missing in the now, need I say it?

I am saying that because, it happened to me twice, when connected with my higher self something happens and I see world "differently" even most boring things appear blissful. When this happens you don't care about past or future because now is more interesting simply.

You are on somthing here, keep it up.

Anyone experiences that?

thx,

3dnow

Old 19-05-2011, 04:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Psychoslice: Yep nothing missing in the NOW

For you perhaps? Maybe you see now differently than me?

3dnow

3d... If something is missing then you are not fully present in the Now.

The Now is not just what's going on in and around you, but, as you said... aware in your higher self, or inner self. In this nothing could be missing because here you are whole.

I suggest breathing more deeply into the present and relaxing into the quiet space of your inner being... NOW.

Xan