Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Master
For the world to see.

You can answer this question in anyway you you interpret it. It's more to help me think and others who read and respond. But in raw form, not society's ideas. What makes humans different than any other creature on this planet? We all know the obvious but what really sets us apart?
Old 28-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
... What makes humans different than any other creature on this planet?
We all know the obvious but what really sets us apart?
We can directly experience the Creator.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-08-2018, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
We can directly experience the Creator.
hope it's ok if I ask questions. If animals can't do that why us and not them?
Old 28-08-2018, 03:25 PM
Quote:
hope it's ok if I ask questions. If animals can't do that why us and not them?
I would not know. Each creature has it's role....a scorpion stings, a fish swims...
humans can exp their own Creator....and were equipped with the ability physically, biologically...
meaning with a penial gland and the most advanced brain able, for example, to store
3 million years worth of information...whereas, my dog can't store where she left her ball.

Why? Had to be something...and it was us.

edit: Oh look...this doesn't ans your ques , 'why us'....but...it goes with the topic, I think.
All of God's children are endowed with the
highest intelligence: intuition, the all-knowing wisdom of the soul.
-Paramahansa Yogananda

Now are trees and doggies and lions his children...sure...But,
Paramahansa was referring to humans here.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
I would not know. Each creature has it's role....a scorpion stings, a fish swims...
humans can exp their own Creator....and were equipped with the ability physically, biologically... thanks
meaning with a penial gland and the most advanced brain able, for example, to store
3 million years worth of information...whereas, my dog can't store where she left her ball.

Why? Had to be something...and it was us.
or was is a need to feel above all?
Old 28-08-2018, 03:40 PM
Color

Quote:
or was is a need to feel above all?
A need of God's?...or our need to feel above all...are you saying to feel superior?
Sorry want to understand your meaning better.

Nice chat, btw.

Old 28-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
A need of God's?...or our need to feel above all...are you saying to feel superior?
Sorry want to understand your meaning better.

Nice chat, btw.
not a need of God's or anything else. In there own ways other living things have long term storage. For example a ginko tree dates back 250 million years. In the simplest form that plant has an very massive memory, the same you described in humans. Guess what I mean is what makes us "better" then the rest. Or are we better because we want to think we are?
Old 28-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Quote:
not a need of God's or anything else. In there own ways other living things have long term storage. For example a ginko tree dates back 250 million years. In the simplest form that plant has an very massive memory, the same you described in humans. Guess what I mean is what makes us "better" then the rest. Or are we better because we want to think we are?
If you think a tree has the same memory as a human brain...ok.

I have no desire, per se, to think I am better than a dolphin or a tree, does anyone?
I know they are better at swimming and growing apples than I am.
Why, an eagle can see further and a dog can hear beyond the frequencies a human ear is capable of.

We all excel at what we were made for...should I not mention a Creator? Would you rather not bring It into the conversation?

Old 28-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Lorelyen

I suppose what makes us different is we're able to take from or alter the ecology in defiance of what it does to support us, more than any other species. There is still a naive belief that we are superior to Nature (i.e. the ecology in operation). We aren't.

Other forms of organic life are in harmony. Humans aren't.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Master

Quote:
You can answer this question in anyway you you interpret it. It's more to help me think and others who read and respond. But in raw form, not society's ideas. What makes humans different than any other creature on this planet? We all know the obvious but what really sets us apart?

Humans are discovering "intellect" and start paying attention to "intuition".

Humans already mastered to a certain degree their "instincts", and now are starting to realize that "emotions" have to be mastered too.