Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-02-2012, 03:09 PM
maggador

Lightbulb Astral Projection Tips, ideas & tricks for the beginner to advanced

I am strongly of the opinion that everyone should learn, practice, understand and experience astral projection to familiarize themselves with what is to come, the After-Life, before it suddenly just comes hitting you in the face without any preparation or knowledge of what to do there.

Thus I will add some information on astral projection with some useful tips and tricks on how to achieve it and practice it.

But before I start, I must strongly recommend you the reader to get the book Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce, as it is the most complete work on astral projection I have ever come over, and is a MUST to have.

Now for my personal tips and tricks to aid with your success in astral projection!

Increasing your astral projection skills:

To get to the basics first: Don't try to astral project at night or when you are very tired, as this most certainly will lead you to black out / fall asleep instead of having a successful projection. Are you doing it in the night? If so this is probably the reason. The best time of day to astral project is in the morning just when you've waked up, or in the middle of day or afternoon / evening. The night is usually the worst time to try as your body and mind is too tired then. Morning is usually the best of them all, as your mind and body is rested, and already in a close state to astral projection from just having slept, so if you just lay still and try to project then this can be successful.

Here is a couple methods you may want to try out:

1. -Wake up, Get up, and go back to bed:

This means, you should put your alarm clock to wake you a bit earlier than normal, lets say 6 hours of sleep and then make your alarm clock wake you up. Then, get up from bed, and do something for 30 min to 1 hour to get yourself awake - it is STRONGLY helpful if you spent this time with reading some books or other material about astral projection as this will affect your subconscious mind to make it easier for you to astral project.

In any case, after 30min to 1 hour, go back to bed, and do any astral projection method and you may find that it is much easier to get into the state of mind needed and then project from there.

2. The "Stay awake" method:
Here you simply go to bed when you are tired and have your eyes open. You may blink of course now and then so your eyes doesn't dry up. The point is to just lie in your bed with your eyes open just like if you are awake and just look around in the room and notice everything in the room, take care of looking at all details and making it imprinted into your mind, just lie there in bed with your eyes open until you pass out / fall asleep from being too tired. At this point you may find yourself in your astral body, or in the astral state ready to project, because your body is asleep but your mind/astral body should still be awake as you forced yourself to stay awake - it was your body falling asleep. To enhance this method you can repeat over and over some times like a mantra or self-suggestion in your mind "When my body falls asleep, I will be awake in my astral body and project" - this can increase the effect and program your mind to automatically become aware inside your astral body when you fall asleep.

3. Self suggestions:
This is basically like last part of the above mentioned method, but instead you do any astral projection method of your choice, and you simply say to yourself over and over "When my body falls asleep, I will be awake in my astral body and project" or something similar, for example "I will now enter my astral body and project out of my physical" etc. You get the Idea.

4. Imagine yourself where you want to go:
In this method, you simply go to bed, and you think of the place you want to project- it can be as simple as your own bedroom. The point is to try visualize the place, lets use your bedroom in this example, as good as possible and feel yourself being there. Now, in this example since you are imagining that you are in your bedroom, you should focus your attention and awareness on a specific place in the bedroom away from your physical body. This can be for example the ceiling - imagine yourself floating right under your ceiling, try to really FEEL yourself being up there and how it would feel to float there right under the ceiling. At one point you may feel yourself starting to vibrate or float, then try to increase this feeling and make it stronger, until you separate and find yourself floating under the ceiling. This method is specially useful if you already are able to get into the astral projection state without trouble, when in this state just do as I described. It also helps using self suggestions here too like in the examples mentioned above.

You can of course also use any other "target" of your choice but its best to use a place you know very well, such as the place of family or friends, and visualize and try feel yourself there, as in the example above with the ceiling.

5. Lucid dreams:
If you are able to have lucid dreams (dreams where you know you are dreaming and you are very aware) you can project astrally from these dreams very easy- Just focus your attentions and "will" yourself out of body, just imagine yourself flying out of the dream and out of your physical body and you are free and out flying. If you don't know about lucid dreams or how to achieve them, do a search on google, its tons of info on it out there and for some people this method is more effective than any of the others.

6. Body awareness
In this methods, you try send your awareness out of your body and move it around in different ways etc.. For example, you lie in your bed, and imagine and feel yourself floating out to the right all the way to the wall, then bounce back into your body, through your body, and out on the left side and to the wall on left of you. Then send awareness back again through your body to the right wall etc, just continue doing this for a while, sending your awareness back and forth from right to left, trying to really feel yourself being at those places and feeling yourself floating through your body and out on the other side. After having done this for several minutes, move on to trying to imagine and feel yourself bouncing up and down instead, like sending your awareness up from your body and up to the ceiling, then back down through your body and down to the ground. Repeat this too for a while, and move on to another part: Back and Forth, this means try to feel yourself floating out of your feet and feel your awareness outside your body moving down to the wall by the end of your feet, then move back up through your body and out of your head to the wall at end of your head (if your head, or any other side of your body, is placed directly towards a wall, just imagine yourself floating through that wall some meters)

Then try to imagine yourself on gentle ocean waves, floating up and down, rocking your body softly up and down, from side to side, back and forth etc. Try to really feel how it would be to lie floating on ocean waves being moved around. You should start feeling your body moving up and down etc just like you actually were on waves. At any point you feel like it you may try to project out of your body.

This method alone can be enough to get you out, but it is also a "loosening" method that makes you aware of your astral body, and makes it more loose and disconnected from your physical body, so actually this method can be something you start with to loosen yourself up from your physical, and then you can do any other astral projection method after it to increase the effects and be more sure to have an astral projection.

7. Ask for help
Yes, you can ask your guides (spirit guides, and guardian angels) to help you out. This has shown to be a very useful method for me. As you are in the state of astral projection, trying to project, simply say out loud in your mind "I ask for help to get out!" or "Please help me get out of my body my dear spirit guides!" or "I would be really grateful for any help I can get to fly out of my body!" and so on. And, you may then suddenly feel like somebody is grabbing your hands and pulling you out, or even like someone is lifting your body up in the air etc. Your spirit guides are always there ready to assist and help you - even when you are out of your body you may ask them to come to help you with different things or to teach you things (an spirit guide actually taught me a method of astral projection)

You may of course try to alter these methods and mix them in a way you prefer and that feels more comfortable or easier for you, as every person is different and some things that work for some might not work for others - but at least now you got several different methods to try out here.

Once you actually DO get out, you may find it useful to say out loud "AWARENESS NOW!" if you find yourself a bit sluggish and not so aware, and also "CONTROL NOW!" if you find difficulties in moving around properly as you want, and even "CLARITY NOW!" if you find you dont see well etc.

THE IMPORTANCE OF DIARIES:

The trick is to get your memory back with you. It's kind of the same problem as with dreams, sometimes we just remember vague parts of them. This is due to what is called the mind-split effect:

When you go out of your body, you are aware of your astral body, and your mind is focused in the astral body. At the same time, your physical body and physical brain is sleeping, and the physical brain is recording whatever the physical body experiences (which is just sleeping). So, when you get back, you have to "overwrite" this physical body's memory with your astral body's memory. The best way to do this is to start slowly, by just keeping out some seconds at a time, like 10 seconds, then return to your body while thinking "I will remember this!" and immediately get up from bed and write down your whole experience.

Then you can try to keep out longer and longer for each time you project. Every time you are about to go back to your body, say out loud "I will remember this!". You may also make an affirmation while performing your astral projection method of choice too, where you say to yourself "I will now go out of body and be completely aware in my astral body and remember everything that happens when I return to my physical body".

Every time after projecting, or even trying to projecting and thinking you have failed, write down in a special diary that you have just for this purpose everything you can remember about the experience, all details, from the very beginning of the projection (such as what method you used, sensations you felt before projection, sensations at the moment of separation, sensations and feelings after, things you saw, experienced and so on while out, sensations on moment of re-entering your body, etc) - Write it all down, and read through it after you wrote it down to see if you remember more you can add. Then just let go of the diary or the rest of the day, and later in the evening or night, read through the experience again and maybe you'll notice you remember more details, more things starting to come into your mind.

This diary, if done every time as I just told, will greatly improve your astral projection skills - even just reading it before trying to project will help a lot! Heck, and place it under your pillow at night and when trying to project to further improve the results.

In addition to your Astral Projection Diary, you should keep a Dream Diary. This is a separate diary, where you write down all dreams you have EVERY morning when you wake up - just as with the astral diary, write down everything you can remember from the dreams you had the night before you just woke up. Then read through it once and see if more details can be added, and as with the astral diary, read through it another time later in the evening or day, to see if you perhaps remember even more.

The purpose of this is to increase your dream memory as well as your astral abilities - in total it will make you better at both remembering your dreams, recalling your astral adventures, and becoming a more skilled and good astral projector. In addition, it will start making your dreams more spiritual in nature, you will start to have spontaneous projections at night while sleeping without even trying, that you will either remember in the morning, or you will wake up in the night and remember it after getting back to your body (remember to write down these experiences too!).

It is very important and of great help and assistance for yourself and your spiritual development to do this. I can't stress that enough, you really should get both an Astral Diary, and a Dream Diary, and write down in both of them every day (or at least every morning in the Dream Diary, and every time you try to project, or have a spontaneous projection in the Astral Diary).

It will also be a good reference for you to check your improvement later on, and to go back and review specific episodes and experiences. And it will be great to have it all logged so you can go back and re-read any experience or interesting dream you've had at any time you want to. And as said, reading these diaries both before astral projecting or going to sleep will greatly improve both your astral skills as well as your dreams.

Reading astral projection related books and literature on the internet etc will also help, as your subconscious mind will absorb it and put it into work and help you in the background to develop your astral abilities and make you have them more easier.

With all my best wishes for success, and hope you'll have some new interesting astral adventures this night too! (Or try do it in the morning or day as I suggested as its easier then than in the night)

Let me know what you think! Cheers

-Maggador
Old 25-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Ambermay

I believe that the tips could be very helpful to many, and even though I have my simple way to AP, it is very different from time to time in trying.
(I must mention that I'm not an experienced APer, but a lazy one).
But again when time comes - I could remember what you or others suggested and try it as well.

So, more tips are always useful .
But I'd like to say that a book by Robert Bruce is not much to my opinion, for when I read it - I found that he has too much 'water in a porridge' there.
I mean that there are so many words to explain something and he goes round and round about it. To get to the core of the issue - I'd shorten his book by about 50%. So unfortunately this reading of his book put me off trying for a while.

It is of course personal, and different wording would affect different minds in different ways.

I personally find a book "You Forever" by TL Rampa most effective teaching for myself.
Old 25-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Master
You Forever by Tuesday Lobsand Rampa is a very good book for a beginner to get into every aspect of spirituality, clairvoyance, and astral projection. The one thing I will say about it is that it is very brief on each subject and only gives you the very beginning of the information you will need. After a month or two of practicing everything he suggests in the book you will find yourself needing a much more descriptive book.

I can understand your issue with Robert Bruce's books but unfortunately I don't feel he's all to blame for it. It is almost impossible to describe astral projection, the experiences, and even foremost the spirit world. Our language does not offer much of a vocabulary to describe these things properly and so he must spend a page or two in every chapter defining the words he will be using in the future pages.

His books are by far some of the most in-depth I have found as of yet. That's not to say there aren't plenty of other good authors that go very deep into astral projection in a whole. There are countless ones actually. Monroe, Muldoon, etc. A book that really describes a lot of this stuff from a different and refreshing aspect is "The Multidimensional Human" by Kurt Leland. I am working on that book as we speak a long with finishing up Psychic Self Defense by Robert Bruce.
Old 25-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Ambermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
You Forever by Tuesday Lobsand Rampa is a very good book for a beginner to get into every aspect of spirituality, clairvoyance, and astral projection. The one thing I will say about it is that it is very brief on each subject and only gives you the very beginning of the information you will need. After a month or two of practicing everything he suggests in the book you will find yourself needing a much more descriptive book.

I can understand your issue with Robert Bruce's books but unfortunately I don't feel he's all to blame for it. It is almost impossible to describe astral projection, the experiences, and even foremost the spirit world. Our language does not offer much of a vocabulary to describe these things properly and so he must spend a page or two in every chapter defining the words he will be using in the future pages.

His books are by far some of the most in-depth I have found as of yet. That's not to say there aren't plenty of other good authors that go very deep into astral projection in a whole. There are countless ones actually. Monroe, Muldoon, etc. A book that really describes a lot of this stuff from a different and refreshing aspect is "The Multidimensional Human" by Kurt Leland. I am working on that book as we speak a long with finishing up Psychic Self Defense by Robert Bruce.

Oh, yes: Robort Monroe. That's a better book I have come across.
Though TLR's books (when on a certain subject) are straight forward and therefore helpful with meaningful explanations.
I like the 'why so' explanations more than extended instructions on methods.

I think that the core secret is in relaxation of your physical body. The rest should come naturally (as TLR says - it's our birthright). I believe in simplicity.
I personally just watch the swirls of color when relaxing (majority of color is close to clear blue-violet-purple within a bit of black or very dark-green - it's unexplainable in words). And if and when I get to vibrations, I just have to continue watching these colors - they pull me out gently. I don't ask any guides for help, I never met any. I don't concentrate on vibrations, I just let them be and pass.

But most successful of my conscious APs are without vibrations at all.
I don't know about lucid dreaming as well, I don't think I ever had such dreams. I often have very vivid dreams, but I know for sure that they are just normal dreams, even if meaningful sometimes.
It also speaks to me what TLR says about dreams - that they are distortions of our NOT conscious astral travels.
And even when we are just sleeping - we all are out of our body, but we don't remember it when awake, or we remember some dreams (distortions).
All that just speaks to me best because of my experiences of long time (even my 'daydreams' fall under these explanations).
Old 28-02-2012, 06:52 PM
GuiYoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermay
I personally just watch the swirls of color when relaxing (majority of color is close to clear blue-violet-purple within a bit of black or very dark-green - it's unexplainable in words). And if and when I get to vibrations, I just have to continue watching these colors - they pull me out gently. I don't ask any guides for help, I never met any. I don't concentrate on vibrations, I just let them be and pass.

).

Swirl of color ? Closed eyes or open eye ? During night or day ?
Old 29-02-2012, 03:44 AM
Ambermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiYoM
Swirl of color ? Closed eyes or open eye ? During night or day ?
Sorry, didn't specify.
Closed eyes and as if I'm looking up. Those colors I described are in a dark.
I try to look at the sun with the eyes closed - and the swirls change color to bright red, yellow and orange. But this hard to do for long. Sun is still too bright even with closed eye leads. I tried to just point to sun with closed eyes for couple of seconds, and then put hands over the face and watch colors change. This I believe very many people have.
I'm sure there is natural explanation for this.
I love to watch those colors.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 AM
embrace

Those are great tips, and I found many of them be very successful (in a way, I had discovered them for myself as I tried to achieve OOBE).
Old 26-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Stel

Watching that colour display through closed eyes used to put me to sleep at night as a young child. I used to think it was magic!
Old 27-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Knower
Brilliant adobe, shall
Give it another go!!!