Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 13-07-2019, 06:40 PM
Ascender
Question Do colors heal?

It is said that colors affect people's moods.
I am always attracted to orange, purple, and reds to wear. Red gives energy, I think.
So is it helping me energetically?
Old 13-07-2019, 08:22 PM
Administrator
Yes colour aids Healing and Well being as a counsellor the colour of the room you use is important. lilac and violet are really soothing.
I wear a lot of Black but my favourite colours are the Blues violets purple they are my colours

Namaste
Old 13-07-2019, 10:57 PM
Ascender
Blur

I really loved blue as a child and through to at least age about 18?
Old 14-07-2019, 01:46 AM
Administrator
Hello

I painted the main color of my home a soft purple (almost white purple) and it is amazing how the room feels.

Colour is very important in the role it plays it can calm the mind and body.

Lynn
Old 14-07-2019, 04:20 AM
Master
I have Linda Goodman's Star Signs: The Secret Codes of the Universe book that has a chapter named: Forgotten Rainbows and Forgotten Melodies.

That chapter talks about how colors and sound can affect us in lots of ways including healing. I'm using these techniques now myself after my accident.
Old 15-07-2019, 03:44 PM
Pathfinder
Yes, they heal.
From what i know, they influence emotions, and the emotions we feel can attract healing energies.
Like, green stimulates a sense of peacr and calmness, I"ve read that in some traditional psychology treatments colors are used.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:12 AM
Guide

Yes, and yes.

Often what we need, we attract, or we're attracted to. Also, some believe we emanate it, and than it is seen as a reflection of self, and how subconsciously our needs are met. Think Crystals. The foods we choose to eat. The home we live in. The car or bicycle or what have you that we drive.

I edited this because I know there is a practice called Color therapy, and I couldn't remember the name, and looked it up;

Chromotherapy

I really am attracted to earthy, and natural tones. I love beige, whites, creams, greys, mauve, lavender, pale pink, rosy pinks, coral, blues -
Old 07-08-2019, 04:31 AM
Experiencer
Red is a very stimulating color biologically; this makes sense from a survival standpoint, as anything that is producing a lot of red (usually blood) is definitely something you should be aware of. But it is also used in romantic themes (think Valentine's Day), so it draws attention due to that association as well. Oranges and sunset colors draw me in pretty fast. Pink is sometimes used in juvenile detention centers; they set out-of-control inmates in a pink room, which calms them. Can't remember where I read that.
Color Psychology goes into these sorts of things a bit more in depth. Here's a link to a ridiculously in depth page on color psychology, from a not-spiritual standpoint; Color Psychology
Which includes this table: Color Table
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 07-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Experiencer
Colors are quite a story. One vibrates with you better than others. The strongest experience about colors i had in one spiritual center when i came dressed in red t shirt and while walking around lounge i said to myself, that is really not appropriate and went into room to dress something else. Red at that time felt too intense and really repelling. But i forgot what color i dressed next :)
Old 07-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Master
Wear your favourite colours. It's good for the soul wearing colours that you love. It's about getting into a positive mind frame and loving it up.