Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 20-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilstar07
why would you class it as obsessive,psychoslice? Its just that seeing everyones story here, a lot of people seem to be running for the hills! it would be interesting to know why you think that.
You haven't read many threads on SM have you ?.

Last edited by psychoslice : 21-02-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 20-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Master
What if someone told you you were there soulmate?

I would ask my divine self if I know this spirit from some other incarnations or from other work we have done somewhere in this verse.
A soul mate is just someone we know, perhaps a friend, and there are many.
Old 20-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Lilstar07

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
You haven't read many threads on SM have you ?.

lol I know what you mean, there are SOME who read about it somewhere/saw it in a film/or someone told them about it and they will do anything to have these kind of connections romantically. Not that it cant be romantic but it is not all fairy tale and la-la-land raindrops and skipping unicorns,or Ross and Rachel from friends lol its real. So i undrrstand why some of you are sceptical about it. I would of been too if I wasnt going through it personally. Only thing is its best not to put a name on these connections but sometimes its easier to give it a name when discussin it with others.

On a whole I dont think we should judge people who are skeptical about the whole thing and may not understand because its not what they've experienced personally and on the other hand it isnt cool to mock/discredit those who truely have because of that.

You dont have to be 'mother Theresa' or Jesus to go through this. To say that your claiming someone is too low to go through an enlightened journey. Thats really not true.
Old 20-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Nutmeg

If someone told me they were my soul mate I'd think there was something wrong with them. Well, I guess it would depend on how long I've known them for as well, if I barely knew them I might think they were nuts but if not I might think about it although I thought this was supposed to be a mutual feeling and something you'd share together?
Old 20-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Krystalle

Quote:

On a whole I dont think we should judge people who are skeptical about the whole thing and may not understand because its not what they've experienced personally and on the other hand it isnt cool to mock/discredit those who truely have because of that.

I don't know. I mean, actually i am going through this. But it doesn't make me any less skeptical. I am experiencing it, and have been all of my life. I knew what my girl looks like, her age, since i was 12. I knew, and felt everything. And we are together now. Even though it's..complicated. She is the female ''me''. We can feel each other oceans apart when we are not together. Some people believe we are siblings :p.
Still, if one day things didn't work out anymore, i wouldn't put pressure on the connection. After all..we are just people. And we love. And if one day this will be over, i will go on with my life.
I'm not saying the tf cannot be true. But it IS very rare, and few people experience it. Even less people understand it...but somehow, everyone wants to believe and feel their connection is the most special one that exists, just because of how they feel. It's in human nature.
I think many people when they start feeling the connection, they google and find the tf story. Then, they are all like ''omg, this is IT!!''. Then, on the forums, they find other people who feed this thought. So it gets even deeper. And when it's over, the person is devastated and wonders what they did wrong. But it was their own expectations of the connection that led them to that in the first place. ;)
Old 21-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Experiencer
I think I am getting the SM concept better and better with each poster and I thank you for sharing! On the other hand of this other topic that came up, what I am getting here is that the TF thing is mainly emotional based on feelings and human traits and not based on predication of sound fact unless it is a human concept in its origin. Conceptually, I would like to understand this clearly so I can do a little bit of recall and structure my thoughts properly. Keep it coming and I think I'll finally get it. Thanks! BTW: I don't have a book on this topic - and its NOT an overly a hot topic or subject matter for me right now - but still interested nevertheless!
Old 21-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Lilstar07

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalleSama
I don't know. I mean, actually i am going through this. But it doesn't make me any less skeptical. I am experiencing it, and have been all of my life. I knew what my girl looks like, her age, since i was 12. I knew, and felt everything. And we are together now. Even though it's..complicated. She is the female ''me''. We can feel each other oceans apart when we are not together. Some people believe we are siblings :p.
Still, if one day things didn't work out anymore, i wouldn't put pressure on the connection. After all..we are just people. And we love. And if one day this will be over, i will go on with my life.
I'm not saying the tf cannot be true. But it IS very rare, and few people experience it. Even less people understand it...but somehow, everyone wants to believe and feel their connection is the most special one that exists, just because of how they feel. It's in human nature.
I think many people when they start feeling the connection, they google and find the tf story. Then, they are all like ''omg, this is IT!!''. Then, on the forums, they find other people who feed this thought. So it gets even deeper. And when it's over, the person is devastated and wonders what they did wrong. But it was their own expectations of the connection that led them to that in the first place. ;)

I know what you mean. You know what even I ythink its a load of rubbish, when things dont seem to be going 'right' I just say "psssh,'soul connections?'what a joke!" but uno , the tough time where you feel there is no love and things are not going perfect, those are the times where you learn the most in your own personal development,so even though its hard ive been learning to cherish those moments equaly to the possitive ones. If it truely is a connection you wont need to 'hold on' to it, there isnt really a choice, its something that will be a part of you whether you like it or not, it is as real as you. To me its more than a romantic thing , it feels like a personal individual lesson im learning through him, it doesnt mean I have to be with him HERE on earth NOW(It is destined to happen anyway) we will all reunite with our 'twin soul' (or whatever you wanna call it) But we have to remember that giving up on that and giving up on them is pretty much the Same as giving up on yourself.

and yet again I'm sorry for rambling on lol! I do this all the time

Kontufuto it is very interesting but its something thats hard to learn about because everyone is different(even though we're alike, its weird) so there is not set rules on these things.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
why would you class it as obsessive,psychoslice? Its just that seeing everyones story here, a lot of people seem to be running for the hills! it would be interesting to know why you think that.

Imagine being told you are a soulmate the having to fulfill all the **** those silly books say... if a girl started that soulmate jazz with me I'd be runnin so fast Phsychoslice would eat my dust!
Old 21-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Graelwyn

I think even in the beginning, although I wished it were true, I doubted the whole twin flame concept. I think too many people jump onto it and use it as a crutch and a distraction from what it is they should be doing (focussing on their own personal soul journey). With hindsight, I can see that this is exactly what was happening with me, and sorry but as far as I am concerned, in my own opinion, 'twin flame' is another concept invented by humans to try and distract themselves from actually dealing with their own stuff. It also adds complication, where there needn't be any. I see so many here, and their emotions, their thoughts, become dominated by their twin flame, rather than with living their own lives, and pursuing their own paths.

I don't deny, I believe there are soul connections, varying in strength, depending on how many lives have been shared, and how many lessons have been learnt together, but the concept of 'twin flame' does not resonate with me. I am sure one can learn plenty about themselves, but pursue it for too long, and allow it to dominate your emotions (experiencing misery and frustration) does not seem, to me, the right direction to go for personal spiritual evolution. It is more like a spiritual rut when one clings to a connection and places human expectations on it. Not all do that, but I know and can see a fair few do, and I was guilty of that myself on more than one occasion.

But this is all my personal opinion, and the conclusion I have met over the last few weeks, after quite a few years of this rollercoaster, and some intensive journeying into my self. Each is free to believe as they wish, to follow their course, but it is worth considering all possibilities for these strong pulls that so many feel and the effect it can have on one's life, and one's personal development. :)
Old 21-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Spring1988

Ill put it like this. I've never believed the whole runner concept. Do I think its possible in some cases? Sure, anything's possible. If the woman I am interested in ever says she isn't interested in me, I'd give up and move on no matter how strong my feelings were for her. I'd go date others. But that's me. My name isn't Nostradamus so I can't predict if someone else is in a runner stayer (by definition), situation, nor would I rush to judge them if they said they were.

But to treat someone so callously because they tell you they have strong feelings for you is just plain mean and wrong. If a woman that I wasn't interested in told me such a thing, first, I'd be very flattered. And knowing me, if i was single, I'd probably give her a chance if I believed her to be sincere. All this talk of running for the hills in this thread is downright APPALLING (my phone auto-corrected it to appealing and I didn't catch it until I just saw it now). If you aren't into the person why not let them down lightly? I mean seriously, calling them obsessive??? That's just ridiculous. Now, if you tell them once and they keep at it in a way that makes you uncomfortable, I suppose then you can call it what it is. I dunno, my uncle always told me that it doesn't pay to be mean to people and I believe him and that's how I live.

I've noticed a few things ever since I heard of this twinflame concept. I've always believed the "soulmate" is the ultimate connection and that it was renamed twinflame by whoever. I believe that there is "the one," and then there is everyone else. If you want to label it go ahead.

To the people who speak negatively about the teenagers that come here, you don't know if they have or haven't met their soulmate or twinflame. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion but who are you to judge them? Let those individuals find out for themselves if they have me their one. I'm sure they'll find out as they live life.

Damn, there's some really ugly energy in this thread. I'm out.

Last edited by Spring1988 : 21-02-2011 at 04:10 PM.