Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 02-02-2019, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Hey,

While I was surfing the web I encountered an article stating that "A DMT trip 'feels like dying' - and scientists now agree" (see BBC for source) . Stating that basically NDEs are brain hallucinations as it is trying to survive and is lacking oxygen. People who experienced DMT claimed similar feelings to NDEs such as "My body just didn't seem relevant any more" or that a Christian might see Jesus that says it is not their time, based on the subconscious, an atheist might not experience anything, and a person who misses his or her family might see some of them also based on the subconscious as it was induced. Seems that scientists are now skeptic about NDEs and Raymond Moody's work since they found this DMT effect.

This made me wonder, are NDEs really a byproduct of DMT ( N,N-Dimethyltryptamine, chemical in brain) kicking in as the brain is desperate for survival? What do you think? Are DMT and NDE related? How can we know that NDEs are real and not hallucinations of the brain, in the sense that they can prove an afterlife, another dimension, and not just a byproduct of DMT?

That's exactly what I used to think it was.

But, if these experiences were DMT hallucinations, then why do they usually follow certain patterns?
If, for instance, other drug-induced hallucinations are examined for content, we'd find that they contain just about anything and everything imaginable, and don't follow any particular "shape" or pattern.

Okay, that possibly could be explained by the increasing attenton NDEs have received, particularly over the last few years.
It could be said that there is a certain subconscious programming going on, as people hear these accounts and could replicate them...

But how do some of the experiences report observation of certain life events, which are completely outside of the ability for normal auditory/visual perception?

For example, there have been cases of people in NDEs who report an out-of-body experience, and an ability to see who and what is in the next room, or in a room further down the corridor....through a wall or multiple walls! And report what they overheard them talk about. And what they reported has been verified.

What about the woman who had an NDE after a heart attack, and saw an abandoned sneaker which was lodged high up on a ledge of the hospital building, not visible from any vantage point she could have reached in her condition? After she mentioned seeing it during her out-of-body /near death incident, staff went to check, and sure enough, there was the sneaker.

A pure hallucination could not come up with results like that, surely?
Old 02-02-2019, 04:07 AM
Newbie ;)

What each person experiences can be uniquely different. I'm interested in how others feel and if they have changed days or longer afterward. From what I have read and listened to there seems to be unified thoughts and feelings that those who have had an NDE/STE portray and communicate to others.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
So if we just code on a computer, what happens with us after we die?

I dont believe this teory , but Tom Campbells idea goes some thing like , the code is reused in a new body .

p.s. This is our discussion on a.p. I have watched a few of his vidoes on you tube , he rambles on and is hard to follow .
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/we...-t47612.0.html
Old 17-04-2019, 06:02 AM
Newbie ;)

I have had an NDE. It was a suicide attempt that I was brought back from many years ago. I am certain that I died because of what transpired, what I was told by those who sent me back. They were NOT happy with me, and I was NOT happy to go back. In fact they forced me back to my very vocal upset. I was extremely angry during my experience, and I was told that it wasn’t my time and I was going back. I woke extremely angry. In my experiences there was a sort of vortex of light that I went through, much like a tunnel and it was FAST.
Old 17-04-2019, 09:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
During my NDE during which I emerged symptom-free from a 3-day "irreversible coma", I experienced some of the admittedly subjective stuff that has been alluded to in prior posts.

However, during my NDE, I was able to see my brother and sister down the hallway and could accurately describe what they were wearing despite the fact that they never entered the room where I lay "dying".

How is that "remote viewing" verifiable objective experience addressed in the DMT theory ?
I read a book about NDE and that seems to be pretty common.
Heck after my NDE I could see like a tv screen flashes of the future so if after a nde we can see future, then during one I am sure we can travel without the body.

A good book Opening Heavens Door
Old 04-05-2019, 07:42 PM
Knower

The feeling of happiness is not the result of a positive effect on one’s spirit from an exterior source but rather caused by something physical, be it chemical, a neurotransmitter, or whatever. Can’t sleep? It mustn’t be stress-induced, but rather not enough melatonin in one’s cranial noodle. Hear unseen voices? Must be schizophrenia. And so it goes. If one inhabits a strictly mechanistic world, as most scientists do, the brain and the body, with its fibers and nerves and neurological components, must account for everything that happens to a person concerning that which isn’t caused by an outside source.

Can DMT, a chemical that exists naturally inside the human body and in most plants, cause one to envision NDE-like phenomena, such as the Life Review? It has been reported to, whereas others see this as an instance of science mistaking cause for effect.

When sleepers are hooked up to machines that study brain activity while they slumber, is it the brain activity that is causing the person to sleep or the act of sleep creating the effects on the monitor?

Materialist-minded scientists will attempt any theory that’ll try and restrict human consciousness to organic gray matter. That is only to be expected of them.

DMT within the brain or spinal column, as some researchers have speculated, may also be the cause for some people encountering elves or Reptilians, for example, which is a way of maybe saying that our bodies were created to naturally experience paranormal happenings via a biochemical process or catalyst into the unknown and otherworldly dimensions.

Researcher Dr. Rick Strassman refers to DMT as the “spirit molecule” and his book delves into the theme of DMT and his 1990 study and findings into this matter. His book discusses DMT’s possible connection to NDEs and his view that science ought to be studying the spiritual aspects of life. DMT and its relation to the paranormal is also discussed at some length in Daniel Pinchbeck’s “2001: The Return To Quetzalcoatl,” another excellent read.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Knower
"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

-- Professor Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-05-2019, 05:09 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
DMT and its relation to the paranormal is also discussed at some length in Daniel Pinchbeck’s “2001: The Return To Quetzalcoatl,” another excellent read.

Correcting typo: The book is titled "2012: The Return Of Quetzalcoatl," by Daniel Pinchbeck.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:28 PM
Color

Sure, there is a chemical reaction in the brain having a NDE....
many think all Divine or cosmic experiences happen in some sort of vacuum...But, of course,
things are released in the brain.
Makes the experience no less 'what it is'...whatever it is.

Endorphins are released in the brain when you fall in love, too...everhad that happen?

Oh my gosh..you are floating , over the moon, not your normal self.
because these endorphins are present are we not in love...?
"Oh, it's just endorphins...so it can't be love."

See what I mean...comparisons, I think, help understand better.

'Opening Heaven's Door', eh? Thanks

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-05-2019, 08:32 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Sure, there is a chemical reaction in the brain having a NDE....
many think all Divine or cosmic experiences happen in some sort of vacuum...But, of course,
things are released in the brain.
Makes the experience no less 'what it is'...whatever it is.

Endorphins are released in the brain when you fall in love, too...everhad that happen?

Oh my gosh..you are floating , over the moon, not your normal self.
because these endorphins are present are we not in love...?
"Oh, it's just endorphins...so it can't be love."

See what I mean...comparisons, I think, help understand better.

'Opening Heaven's Door', eh? Thanks

Exactly! :) Like when I say "this animal is my friend", and someone responds with "oh they're just 'conditioned' to like you because you're nice to them"....But of course! Yes, that's "all" friendship is, being conditioned to like each other! That isn't really ALL though!