Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-06-2020, 07:04 AM
Master

very good responses from everyone.

As highlighted by iamthat,its a slow process. In spirituality generally there is resistance n opposition to materialism.So in younger age when materialism is highest n at its peak ,getting peer acceptance may be difficult. All this may frustrate seeker.

Here seeker must remember that resistance to materialism is to unethical,immoral materialism .But its not at all denial of material pleasures rightly acquired in right measures .

Spirituality is way to God. But this way passes through n with the materials of the world .

So as recommended by others right perspective,perseverance n efforts will bear fruits to ur spiritual awakening eventually.
Old 14-06-2020, 08:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerheart
I'm a dreamer and I often spend time in my head, in fantasy worlds. Somehow I wish I was allowed to sink in my fantasies and that someone would come and tell me that I don't need to participate in this real world, that I don't need to do anything that I don't want to.
In that way you become not 'Spiritually awake' but dissociative with objective reality because it doesn't suit you. No wonder you were diagnosed with depression.

Quote:
And of course I'm uncertain: what if I'm believing in something that is not even real? If there is nothing after death?
You are already believing in something that isn't real, a vision of a fantasy Utopia that doesn't exist -

Quote:
I often wish I could go to the angels, to finally meet my guides face to face, to live in limitless love where everything would be easy and safe (I believe this happens after death).

Quote:
Sometimes I think that I just let go of this spiritual stuff and focus on real life but it feels so bad and I always return to beg for answers from spirits.
Exactly, this 'Spiritual stuff' is your escape from reality as it is because you can't accept this reality - as you've said yourself. Only, if you were Spiritually awakened you'd see that the reality you don't like very much is entirely your own creation. Focussing on 'real Life' and getting your head straight would be the most Spiritual thing you could do right now, the 'Spiritual stuff' only exacerbates your issues.
Old 14-06-2020, 08:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Exactly, this 'Spiritual stuff' is your escape from reality as it is because you can't accept this reality - as you've said yourself. Only, if you were Spiritually awakened you'd see that the reality you don't like very much is entirely your own creation. Focussing on 'real Life' and getting your head straight would be the most Spiritual thing you could do right now, the 'Spiritual stuff' only exacerbates your issues.

I have been so guilty of this. Thank you, Greenslade, for giving the bit of advice I needed most today.

And to the OP - don't lose heart in an afterlife experience. While that should not be our focus so much while we're on Earth, you may find that you are pleasantly surprised, or even awed, when you get there. Just a feeling . . . <3
Old 14-06-2020, 09:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Well, I'm late to this conversation, but I think a part of being Spiritual is rejection of the world. The problem you are running into, a problem I ran into, is what to replace it with. OK, so, we are in agreement there is a lot of bad in the world, money is not the solution, but where you have to get yourself to is

1) What to replace the world with
2) Seeing the good that is out there

I recommend one creative outlet for everyone. My creative outlets are poetry and piano. It seems the only way I have found to replace the world is with creativity. Again, I know with my creativity all I can do is express what is in my inner soul; I really can't change the world or make it see another way. But the fact that I can testify for my soul through a creative outlet is enough for me. Again, you won't be rich or famous and creativity that makes someone rich or famous comes at the price of personal exploitation, but you can find your inner voice through creativity. The ideal would be to find a community of creative people you can resonate with.

Now, the second part is seeing the good in the world. Well, that can only come from a place of humility and gratitude. I like your username, Dearheart, because it reminds me of Native American people. Well, again, you have it in you to neither desire the ambitions of others but also to appreciate the simplicity and humility of others.

Again, I don't spend much time on here. I started my account but there is a lot I don't vibe with. Hope this reaches you. Again, is best not to be a part of this world, but what you are struggling with is 1) what to replace it with, I suggest creativity 2) how to appreciate the good, I suggest the humility, commonality, and gratitude for the world and this life.

Finally, I've studied Hegel a German Author. I recommend his introduction to the History of the World and his Elements of Philosophy or Right. The term, "fair," implies by it's existence the opposite, "unfairness." So, it is obvious to Hegel the world is unfair or no term for the opposite like fair would exist for it. For example no one says, "Breathing air is beautiful." Why? It would be an absurdity, there is no opposite for it, and it is an obvious truth.

Again, I sense there is a lot of Right Wing here, so I'll check in, in a couple of days to see if I was able to help.
Old 14-06-2020, 10:23 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner1981
Well, I'm late to this conversation, but I think a part of being Spiritual is rejection of the world. The problem you are running into, a problem I ran into, is what to replace it with. OK, so, we are in agreement there is a lot of bad in the world, money is not the solution, but where you have to get yourself to is

1) What to replace the world with
2) Seeing the good that is out there

I recommend one creative outlet for everyone. My creative outlets are poetry and piano. It seems the only way I have found to replace the world is with creativity. Again, I know with my creativity all I can do is express what is in my inner soul; I really can't change the world or make it see another way. But the fact that I can testify for my soul through a creative outlet is enough for me. Again, you won't be rich or famous and creativity that makes someone rich or famous comes at the price of personal exploitation, but you can find your inner voice through creativity. The ideal would be to find a community of creative people you can resonate with.

Creativity is good. Also - compassion is another important one. You need an outlet for compassion.
Old 14-06-2020, 10:56 PM
Deerheart

Thank you everybody for answers! They all have been very helpful. I'm sorry for not answering to every single message but I'm very thankful for them all.
Old 14-06-2020, 11:06 PM
Deerheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Only, if you were Spiritually awakened you'd see that the reality you don't like very much is entirely your own creation.

There is still something I'd like to say about this. I've heard many spiritual people saying "We create our own reality." That has always left me confused. But today I think that's just a very bad way to say that we can choose how to react in the happenings of the outer world. It's a bad way to say it because it makes us, who want to believe in magic too much, think that we may have some actual magical ways to literally change the things of the outer world. I know it sounds crazy :(

But I agree to everything else you said, Greenslade.
Old 14-06-2020, 11:32 PM
Knower
Quote:
There is still something I'd like to say about this. I've heard many spiritual people saying "We create our own reality." That has always left me confused. But today I think that's just a very bad way to say that we can choose how to react in the happenings of the outer world. It's a bad way to say it because it makes us, who want to believe in magic too much, think that we may have some actual magical ways to literally change the things of the outer world. I know it sounds crazy :(

But I agree to everything else you said, Greenslade.

It's more than just controlling your reactions to external stimuli. That's part of it. But I honestly believe that there's more. I'm not an expert at it, but I do think there's something to this law of attraction thing.
Old 14-06-2020, 11:35 PM
Deerheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner1981
I like your username, Dearheart, because it reminds me of Native American people.

Aww thanks! I've loved deers since I once "saw" them during one spirit animal meditation. I've also "met" Native American people during meditation and also in dreams and thought that maybe they were my guides at the moment. But I never really learnt to understand them better.. like I said earlier I feel like they have been quiet lately.

It's true I haven't been doing much creative things, I just find it somehow hard to start anything new. I feel like I'm not interested in anything there is to do. My therapist told me to "just do something even though you wouldn't feel anything at first" but it's difficult to just force myself to do something. I used to write but I haven't done it in years, somehow I feel unable.

Practicing gratitude is also difficult for me. Of course I sometimes feel gratitude but it needs a happier mood. Mostly I'm negative and I often think why should I feel gratitude for anything or anyone? Especially when everything in life seems to be just coincidence and I can't control it.
Old 15-06-2020, 01:05 AM
Knower
Quote:
Practicing gratitude is also difficult for me. Of course I sometimes feel gratitude but it needs a happier mood. Mostly I'm negative and I often think why should I feel gratitude for anything or anyone? Especially when everything in life seems to be just coincidence and I can't control it.

It's very hard, and this is my journey too, but I think the secret lies in transforming our negative emotions into positive ones. Affirmations really have been helping me turn my thought patterns around to be more positive. There's lots of good you tube videos for this.

You know, it's weird. I started practicing these positive affirmations about being loved and desired. The very next day, a man at the grocery store gasped. I looked over at him, he was looking at me, and he stumbled an apology and said "You're beautiful." OMG!

I swear. There's something to it.