Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-05-2020, 11:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
Real/sensible/practical, yes. We may or may not have past lives, but using that idea to bully ourselves into thinking we're bad people who need punishment for something we did in the past (what happened to fair justice and healthy rehabilitation of the personality/soul??) is messed up. People might think it helps them make sense of their bad circumstances but as you said life isn't fair and that's just reality. But we as people are prone to distorted thinking and delusions... the truth is far removed from that and that's why it's so hard to understand, despite funnily enough being the simplest answer.

Second point I'll add is that no benevolent deity would cause a system like that. If such a system exists, it's not benevolent.

I totally agree. However, reincarnation and so-called bad karma aren't the only excuses to bully oneself. What's even more sickening is the concept called ''soul contract''. And yea, there are whitout doubt idiots on the forum who are fundamental enough in their beliefs that they'd go as far as to say that any mental illness, disability, or diseases like cancer are all because of an ''agreement'' made before birth.

Now I don't want to be a hypocrite as I may have said some controversial stuff myself with my unpopular opinions, but even I, a non-spiritual person, wouldn't sink that low to tell a terminal cancer patient or someone with severe depression that they personally planned what they're going through.
Old 27-05-2020, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I totally agree. However, reincarnation and so-called bad karma aren't the only excuses to bully oneself. What's even more sickening is the concept called ''soul contract''. And yea, there are whitout doubt idiots on the forum who are fundamental enough in their beliefs that they'd go as far as to say that any mental illness, disability, or diseases like cancer are all because of an ''agreement'' made before birth.

Now I don't want to be a hypocrite as I may have said some controversial stuff myself with my unpopular opinions, but even I, a non-spiritual person, wouldn't sink that low to tell a terminal cancer patient or someone with severe depression that they personally planned what they're going through.

What happens to us is a consequence of genes/environment/randomness. I use to accept karma without critically examining it, now I doubt it exists. If karma and past lives exists I'm not sure how that would work because it would mean we are a different person now living under different circumstances and with different opportunities and limitations. This is not to say it can't or doesn't exist but it's up to the ones believing in it to make their argument for it.

Soul contracts sound pretty ghastly if you think about the worst cases. To say karma or soul contracts or even life lessons exists implies we're on some sort of spiritual journey and everything that happens has some kind of meaning ((what's the meaning behind the bubonic plague? Or the purpose behind river blindness?)).

But how could that be if our spiritual nature is pure as it is? What happens next then is the construction of specific entities ('mind', 'ego') that people throughout history have come up with as explanations as to why this is the case. Or more simply put: Why did God, and how could God, 'create' imperfection?
Old 27-05-2020, 04:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I use to accept karma without critically examining it, now I doubt it exists. If karma and past lives exists I'm not sure how that would work because it would mean we are a different person now living under different circumstances and with different opportunities and limitations. This is not to say it can't or doesn't exist but it's up to the ones believing in it to make their argument for it.

But how could that be if our spiritual nature is pure as it is?
I can connect to what you mentioned. This is my reflection I now see. The million dollar question. If one looks at it, it may be the obvious. The question of past lives imo needs to be seriously studied but will never be allowed. Why, because it might provide answers that are felt to go against teaching. But as far as the concept of me is, we are consciousness not the body. Consciousness does not die or does the experiences. It could be the body clouds consciousness.

Karma and spirit complement each other so well and for that matter spirit and consciousness do to. They are just words we use. It may be spirit and consciousness does not reincarnate only the body. The body is not consciousness.

When saying karma is related to past lives it can also be thought of as a continuation if one chooses. If one looks out into the world most people won't change in a lifetime. So what is karma about then? I tend to go against the experts on this but returning and karma is about both what happened and what happens. I tend to less inclusive. It is really not about the past. It's about experiencing. Me, I'm not into strict definitions used by others so I don't feel it's about action or cause and effect but more about seeing, even exploring.

It can be thought of as about seeing, experiencing, and learning. Karma is often described saying it is about seeing the other side of coin in the current life not the past one. Karma is related to energy, energy we put out and experience is what we receive back and changing energy takes years to do, that modifies all effect by change of cause. We look to change effect changing cause.

Karma then is more inclusive and open spiritually. We think we are teaching the body but the physical is temporary. I simply think consciousness does not end or die and consciousness continues. No single experience prepares us for the next one. Karma to me now is merely a word I can use other words to describe. I can also use other words to describe karma.
Old 27-05-2020, 06:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. If you define what is Spiritual that is what creates your reality, and by defining what is Spiritual by extention you define what is not Spiritual. If you define yourself as being Spiritual then you are Spiritual within your own perceptual reality according to your definitions. As for an 'objective reality'....... In a nutshell.

Fear is caused by imagination 'filling in the blanks' of our knowledge. The thought that the dog will attack you comes from your past experience with dogs and that is lodged deep in your unconscious mind - and your pre-caveman Limbic System. You don't know if it's going to attack you or want to play until it does - or it may be more afraid of you. It doesn't get any more primal than that, it's a basic survival instinct. Difficulties and ailments don't come from a 'higher level', they have physical or mental causes depending on what they are. Health anxiety is caused by the brain and Spirituality comes from the same area of the brain as schizophrenia. Similarly with every other ailment or difficulty.

Ascribing the cause of fear to a 'higher level' is simply looking for agency or external causes that don't exist. Spirit, God or anything else didn't cause the health anxiety, that was the brain. The 'higher level' is not the cause but the response.
Surely, you have the right to your opinions. I disagree, but don't intend to argue with you.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.