Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 12-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Master
Could anyone Elaborate on the Yin & Yang Philosophy ?

I'm interested in learning more about the duality between the yin & yang symbol. I was just caroius on how to incoperate with the teachings. Do we all have yin and yang in us. ? Could a Significant other be the other side of it.If anyone could help me to better understand the concept that would beAppreciated.
Old 16-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I'm interested in learning more about the duality between the yin & yang symbol. I was just caroius on how to incoperate with the teachings. Do we all have yin and yang in us. ? Could a Significant other be the other side of it.If anyone could help me to better understand the concept that would beAppreciated.
The way I understand Yin and Yang is that they represent the opposite aspects within us and are dependent on one another. No this, no that.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Experiencer
yin and yang are very significant in my beliefs, and im always open to talk about them if youd like.
yin and yang arent quite a duality in the usual sense, they are like two sides to one coin, you cannot have a one sided coin. and dont think of it as two distinct things, because they are the ends of a spectrum.
it is a taoist concept, though it can be applied to anything. the tao is the harmony of yin and yang, and everything has a balance of yin and yang thus everything is the tao.
yang is the active side and yin the passive. yang is the body and yin is god and so on. they naturally flow into each other and back.
what people often say is that yin is good and yang is bad, but this is wrong. the yin yang philosophy sees good and bad as only perceptions and not substantial. things either move in the direction of desire or of consciousness(yin or yang), and it is natural that things flow both ways, without which there would not be balance.
• • • • •
Look softer
Breather deeper
Old 08-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Knower

Everything is two opposites in perfect balance and harmony- black and white, day and night, summer and winter, good and evil, light and dark, male and female, the list is endless.
For one to exist, the other must also exist- all light casts a shadow. Without life there is no death, and without death there is no life- for all life is born from the death of others by which it is nourished. A shift in the balance is devastating.
This is why the yin and yang symbols are intertwined- because there is no clear divide between them however much we like to think there should be
Old 25-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Master

My understanding it's about obtaining a balance and knowing that every aspect has the other in it.

This goes for male and female, light and dark, black and white, day and night - and so on.

THis is what we are looking for inside ourselves - a balance of our male and female energies, a balance of our high and low vibrations (or whatever terminology you choose to use).
Old 26-10-2013, 02:15 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
My understanding it's about obtaining a balance and knowing that every aspect has the other in it.

This goes for male and female, light and dark, black and white, day and night - and so on.

THis is what we are looking for inside ourselves - a balance of our male and female energies, a balance of our high and low vibrations (or whatever terminology you choose to use).
How does this play out in human being terms. In other words, what are the male and female energies, high and low vibrations? How do we recognize them?
Old 26-10-2013, 06:15 AM
Master

If you think about how our ancestors operated, the male went gathering food and hunted out animals and the female was the homemaker and she turned what the male had brought in into something nourishing. The female attribute is also the intuitive.

Light energies are those that are love based. The dark are full of anger, jealousies, resentments. With a yin and a yang, if you have a powerful "light" then you will have an equivalent capacity for the dark.
Old 30-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Master
This explains the Duality Principle in more basic terms

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_food_therapy
Old 06-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Erosfire

Yin Yang has many result reasons, though originally it was said that simply understanding the symbol itself would bring you 'complete immortality'.

This is a mental state, where you no longer have a sense of self that ends at death.

It is presumed that yin yang represent opposites, but often they represent complimentaries which appear to us as opposite. This difference is important to understand. It is two black holes circling a central body with equal relationship on each other. Each part of the symbol is exactly what it needs to be to exist. The yin yang symbol could be a row of black and white stripes - to say 'each thing is dependant on the other things' and 'all things are dependant on their surroundngs. That two opposing forces live in direct complimentary relationships.

Take a quick google image search for exploding stars, black holes, etc. you'll find the yin yang everywhere in different set ups.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:57 AM
Knower
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?p=896061
Beautiful and apt...
When you allow yourself to flow, you allow yourself to live. When you allow yourself to be happy, you allow others to be happy around you. When you allow yourself to be whole, you help heal those around you.