Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Can we all please remember to be respectful in our discussions with one another. No one wins a badge at the end of it all.

For everyone:

Respect: Please respect other member’s and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times. Abuse and abusive posts (of any nature) will not be tolerated. Breaches of this ruling will result in posts being removed, warnings and if continued, DA. Mocking, and belittling other members also counts as disrespect.

With all due respect the last comment was no less disrespectful..........
Old 12-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Humm

Quote:
Can we all please remember to be respectful in our discussions with one another. No one wins a badge at the end of it all.

For everyone:

Respect: Please respect other member’s and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times. Abuse and abusive posts (of any nature) will not be tolerated. Breaches of this ruling will result in posts being removed, warnings and if continued, DA. Mocking, and belittling other members also counts as disrespect.

I hear you Kaere. I admit to making a few jokes - but some subjects are difficult to discuss without touching some people's sensitivities.

If at any time you think I was disrespectful or belittling I would hope you would tell me immediately. I would stop it - with apologies.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Master
Then my apologies to you WhiteShaman. The post was not directed at anyone in particular - it was a general reminder to the entire forum.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Well the time I stubbed my toe on the corner of the bed springs to mind.

Love did not cause that , and you should have heard the range of expletives I issued forth as i hopped around the bed room in an agonising danse macabre. Infact I recall shouting ...Well you can imagine,,,twas not Love anyhoo.

AHEM I mean you bring up the classic love/pain dichotomy, which I shall address presently.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Neville

OK Humm,

I don't know why....but I'll contribute a response anyways.

before the "alleged Big Bang" Is it your view that Love brought the Universe into being, or is it just all the things that have occurred since that have been caused by Love ?

The Love pan dichotomy would presumably be one of the myriad dichotomies and indeed dualities that comprise the whole ergo...Love might feasibly not have been entirely responsible for the Black Death or Vesuvius's eruption in AD 79.

In my opinion the supposition that Love and Love alone causes everything has more holes in it than a swiss cheese, having said that, to me such knowledge would by quiet Emental anyway.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Humm

Quote:
OK Humm,

I don't know why....but I'll contribute a response anyways...

You are very generous Neville.

No, I have not said that. If you read the OP carefully, you will see I have said none of these - I only imply that the idea has it's challengers.

SO, I will say it now - yes, I do think that Love brought the universe into being, and all is caused and sustained by love.

Obviously, however, it's not as simple as all that, now is it? I mean, it's a handy shorthand for a forgone conclusion, but there are obviously a LOT of things going on there, despite my boiling it down to that simplistic conceptual pith.

Further, I submit that the idea that love had nothing to with it is similarly biased and simplistic, and in addition short sighted and hopeless, and a few other things I can't quite articulate at the moment. Hopefully I will have time to get into the meat of all this tomorrow, but for now I can just check in and state the obvious - so sorry.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
You are very generous Neville.

No, I have not said that. If you read the OP carefully, you will see I have said none of these - I only imply that the idea has it's challengers.

SO, I will say it now - yes, I do think that Love brought the universe into being, and all is caused and sustained by love.

Obviously, however, it's not as simple as all that, now is it? I mean, it's a handy shorthand for a forgone conclusion, but there are obviously a LOT of things going on there, despite my boiling it down to that simplistic conceptual pith.

Further, I submit that the idea that love had nothing to with it is similarly biased and simplistic, and in addition short sighted and hopeless, and a few other things I can't quite articulate at the moment. Hopefully I will have time to get into the meat of all this tomorrow, but for now I can just check in and state the obvious - so sorry.

No need for apologies... I don't think I'll be getting bogged down in this thread anyway, I'll leave it to those who are truly interested in what causes everything while I as ever accept blindly that things are what they appear to be without scrutinizing why things are what they are. I lean more towards the apparent truth that have a life to live more than a life to analyze, Hence my lack of understanding in certain respects.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Then my apologies to you WhiteShaman. The post was not directed at anyone in particular - it was a general reminder to the entire forum.

No I am sorry Kaere.......I took what you said personally, probably due to several days of what I deem personal abuse here on the forum. I was wrong to assume you were referring to me...............my heartfelt apologies for jumping down your throat.........
Old 12-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Master
Quote:
No need for apologies... I don't think I'll be getting bogged down in this thread anyway, I'll leave it to those who are truly interested in what causes everything while I as ever accept blindly that things are what they appear to be without scrutinizing why things are what they are. I lean more towards the apparent truth that have a life to live more than a life to analyze, Hence my lack of understanding in certain respects.

We have a lot in common friend..............
Old 12-10-2011, 11:56 PM
moke64916

There is love and fear, yet fear is love when you know that you are experiencing who you are not, which is fear, because then that fear turns into love. Eventually you see yourself as all of it. Fear and love create. We gain experience from fear and love. When you get past a fear, you learn something new. So after learnt from a fearful experience, you remember more of who you are. You can experience love even when there is fear, because when you do there is no longer fear. Once you learn to no longer fear fear, you can choose to experience fear KNOWING that you will experience great love after fear. This is the whole Is-Not Is. Am-Not Am. Yet the unmanifested is the observer of all. It is the peace, joy, and love. You can be as your unmanifested self while manifesting something into an actual event when you don't see yourself in your thoughts. You reach the unmanifested when you are present in the Now. To get to the Now you bring your attention inside your body. Before you learn how to Be in the Now, you observe your thoughts. That will dissociate you from thought. And observing your emotions such as anxiety, stress, you no longer feel that. Instead your in a state of neutrality. Then you surrender you feel peace. And the ups and downs people experience in spiritual growth is the mind trying to understand the timeless, which lowers your energy level. The mind cannot understand the Now. Love is all once you experience it, but until then it is just a concept. A belief. Love is the driving force of all. Love and fear create. Yet fear not, because The Source is both. There is nothing separate from The Source. There is Oneness with All That Is.