Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-10-2011, 05:01 AM
samanthanightly

Did I meet my spirit guide?

For the last few months, I've been taking up meditation. This is mostly because I'm working towards astral projection and meditating is said to help.

Several times, while in a deep meditative state, I've desperately tried to reach out to my spirit guide. Asking to show him/herself, wanting a name, where he came from... but without any luck.

Within the last two weeks, I begun to notice the eye of an owl in my mind's eye right before I fall asleep and/or practice projection. It happened every night. Even more recently, I've actually been seeing the whole owl flying in my mind.

Ever since I started to see the eye of the owl I had that feeling within me that it wasn't just some random vision within my mind, it was different. Then, when I saw the owl flying in my mind, I felt protected. I felt safe. And today is when I think it actually clicked that this owl may be my spirit guide.

Like I said earlier, I've been reaching out and asking for a name of my spirit guide. So.. An hour ago, I lied down to practice projection. I felt so extremely close, such an amazing feeling like my whole body and mind and being was saturated with love. I still wasn't able to project from my physical body and the feeling started to to slowly wear off. And before it did, with my ears still close:

I hear a friendly, compassionate voice say "Eido" right in my ear. and the way I heard the voice was in a swooping sense, as if in mid-flight soaring by me. And when I heard that, it all clicked again. I immediately opened my eyes and knew that was his name, that was my spirit guide.

For all of you with spirit guides... how did you come to meet them? did you just "know?" were you worried at all that maybe you made it up yourself, or was there just that sense of being sure?

(I've never, ever heard the name Eido/Ido before, nor have I seen it anywhere. I researched it and it actually dates back to a biblical prophet during the Kingdom of Judah. Its said to be of Hebrew and/or Buddhist origin and the meaning of Eido is "illuminating way." ironic?)
Old 21-10-2011, 08:09 AM
MMM

your experience sounds beautiful
names of guides are not important to me
sensations are
now , you could just call on the owl man or owl woman

some people believe that god is their ultimate guide and so don't dwell too much on guides
Old 21-10-2011, 02:31 PM
moke64916

Instead of me talking with my guide, I speak with my counsil of elders, but not my guide. I see my elder in the spirit world. I ask a question, then I wait for an answer. Then the words start flowing through me as I write in my journal. I have received much guidance and truth that has helped me grow spiritually. Sometimes I have conversations with him and I end up writing 12 pages in my journal. I have a special rejationship with my elder. If I do not know what to do, I go to him and I receive an answer. It's wonderful. I do not communicate with my elder through meditation. I go to the spirit world in my imagination, and I receive an answer the second after I ask it. The names of my guides and elders don't mean anything to me, although I know their names. There is a book that helped me tremendously how to communicate with them. It is called, "The Intuitive Way" by Penny Pierce.