Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 03-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Master
Presto Changeo !

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

... just thought I'd give myself a present by sharing it with all of you today.

Last night, while preparing to leave our son's home after helping him celebrate his 47th birthday, I reached for the hangers holding my wife's red winter coat and my own blue winter coat.....an unusual thought occurred to me.

Why not exchange and wear each other's coat during the short journey home?

So we did!

It was fun seeing the quizzical looks on our son's and his family's faces as my wife and I each donned the other's coat. Since I'd never done this before, I was surprised to discover that the zipper on my wife's red winter coat is on the "wrong" side (I've since been told, is the normal side for lady's coats).

My wife, wearing my blue winter coat, laughed at the longer arms it had than her own coat (fits me just fine, for some reason!), while I saw my own hands protruding a little further out from her coat's sleeves than "normal" (fits her just fine, for some reason!).

On the drive home, we each remarked that our favorite colors are red (for her) and blue (for me).

It was actually fun to arrive at our own home, looking at each other in those coats, before we took them off, and continued the adventure of being our own unique, loving selves....still young at heart.

....albeit, after giving ourselves a new, unexpected gift of experience we'd never done before, or planned.

We could have chosen to not do this for ourselves.

But the choice to "try on a new idea for size", is its own wonderful present, isn't it? Why?

Because you can only say yes to that question....if you've given yourself the gift of trying it on.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 03-03-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:50 AM
Master
Would've loved to see that!

It was a treat just to read about it, thank you, you briefly-red-coated man :)

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 05-03-2019, 02:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Ki
Would've loved to see that!

It was a treat just to read about it, thank you, you briefly-red-coated man :)

Realm Ki,

...am glad you enjoyed it. Thanks! So did we!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 05-03-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:59 AM
Master
Opening the Flow

Quote:
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

All

Have you ever been under distressing financial circumstances, expecting to fall into an abyss of poverty with the next emergency expense? I know I have.

But, I found an empowering way to do something about it, in the unusual source, below.

Like me, I hope this will empower you too!

P.S. Squadus' post #106, above, about giving more than you receive, is right on the mark!

THAT'S WHAT STARTS THE FLOW!!

See why in the reference below.....

Enjoy!

Reference: http://montalk.net/metaphys/88/opening-the-flow

Last edited by guthrio : 06-03-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 25-05-2019, 03:44 PM
Master
DOOM YOURSELF TO SUCCESS!!

Quote:
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

All,

Someone once asked me: Why do we judge non-conformist as freaks, losers, idiots. Why can't their ideas be accepted, why can't we accept new ideas?

Please bear with the length of my answer to the question, below. Hope this gift helps someone

The answer is that we don't see others according to how "they" are. We see (and judge) others according to how WE are.

Consider the ideas many held in past civilizations to form their worldviews. We know NOW that their tightly held ideas were based on false information and dogma, but THEN these ideas were believed, transmitted, and acted upon AS IF TRUE by virtually everyone.....that is, until others, following their OWN ideas came along, . For instance:

Do the Heavens still rotate around the Earth? Not after Copernicus, Kepler, and Galileo. Are time and space separate from one another? Not after Einstein. Did you get your vaccines this year? Thanks to Pasteur you did. Is the Earth still flat? Ask Ericsson, Columbus or Magellan for the answer. Do you have to study your science homework or read the scriptures of whatever faith you profess in the dark? Not after a little help from Gutenberg and Edison. You can readily see the impact of individuals with their OWN ideas helping other individuals change THEIR ideas about these things, which eventually results in the civilization changing, right?

Therefore, it's better to conform........to YOUR OWN IDEAs !!

Experiencing what IS true about Reality is knowledge.

Discovering that whether summed by believer, infidel, heretic, or boor, the beauty that 2+2=4, perfectly, un-changeably demonstrates TRUTH for itself, doesn't it?

We can choose to believe that 2+2=5 for eternity until we have acquired FOR OURSELVES the necessary knowledge of the immutable principle that correctly sums the answer.

Belief is what we choose to tell OURSELVES is true about Reality until we experience what IS true regardless what we believe. Beliefs can be predicated upon false perceptions (lies) propped up to masquerade as Truth.

THAT'S why it does not matter what we believe.

It only matters that we KNOW and ACT UPON THAT WHICH IS TRUE and NEVER CHANGES.

Truth CANNOT change. ONLY our perception and APPLICATION of it can.....

So find out the TRUTH of yourself, FOR YOURSELF, BY YOURSELF...AS YOURSELF.

Sometimes you feel like a nut.....sometimes you don't.

The acorn becomes the oak because its very nature is already to be excellently so.....while it is yet what appears to be a mediocre acorn mingling on the ground with other acorns that appear to be similarly ordinary.

Excellence does what excellence IS....not what someone else considers it to be or labels it to be.

It does indeed require potential, perseverance, and passion to hone one's talents into superlative abilities.

But it is the use of those abilities to help yourself and others optimize their inherent greatness that is the true "giftedness".

Labeling people as gifted and talented, or as freaks, losers, idiots blinds us from recognizing that EVERYONE is an acorn of excellence whether or not we are capable of recognizing the soaring oak.....inside them.

Or else a non-conformist named Albert Einstein would have believed himself to be only a student of "mediocre ability" as he was considered to be and so labeled by the otherwise intelligent professors who taught him....

.....and who could "only" get a job as a third-class patent office clerk....(sounds like loser, right ?)

.......while he patiently honed the skills (at HOME !!) that would eventually teach the scientific community and the world what IT had yet to learn about physics !!

Encouraging the talents and gifts of all its members, not just those of a labeled few, benefits and enriches the community beyond the capacity of those few alone ....

The relevance of advice (even what you're reading here) is not what someone else tells you; its value is in what you tell yourself ABOUT what you hear, read, glean, think.

In other words, the value of advice is SELF-referential. YOU ALWAYS have the last word ABOUT what you accept or reject.....because it is your INTERNAL dialogue that does the choosing.

.....and it's upon YOUR own dialogue that you act.

Don't believe me ?

What are you thinking about what you just read?

That's your internal dialogue deciding the yea or nay of this post's relevance to your question....do you see?

You ALWAYS have the last word to accept or reject information or "advice".....whether its source is inside you or from outside you.

To invoke the scenario that you REALLY desire to be as real as the one you want to change, please consider this:

It is not what you are turning FROM that is important, as unpleasant as it has been.

It is what you are turning TO that will determine the new result.

If you realize that "script" is a metaphor for self-image, then the phrases "turning from" and "turning to" make more sense, doesn't it?

You are no more required to repeatedly endure the indignities you may have encountered by being labeled in the past than you are obligated to read the same sentence in any book over and over and over again.

Doesn't it make sense that it is not necessary to "read" yourself repeating the same script (self-image) in any scenario when YOU have the "author"-ity to change it?

"Author"-ity"....get it?

YOU are the "AUTHOR" of your OWN life script....

It is YOUR LIFE....and YOUR SCRIPT.

So turn "TO" the NEW page and REWRITE yourself. Amaze yourself to discover what an excellent "writer" of your life script you ALREADY are....and will continue to be.

BE THE "BEST-SELLER" OF YOUR OWN LIFE......to YOU!

Being true to yourself is ALWAYS the right thing to do....NOW and anytime. It is YOUR free choice and right as an individual.

BTW: The only "degree" that counts in life is the degree to which you meet your own high expectations, not someone else's ! YOU are the ONLY one who determines the outcome (AND the INCOME) of your OWN life......not the person (me) who is writing this TO you....and CERTAINLY not someone telling you what THEY think you can't do.

You are as free to learn from your actions as you are free to continue repeating them.....for good or ill.

That's what "Ye shall reap what you sow" means....for good or ill, as YOU choose.

Life gives us an ever-repeating remedial lesson in being true to ourselves each and every time we make a decision....with the consequences OF our choices.

What to do?

LEARN all that experience has to teach you....and THEN MOVE ON to the next lesson in being true to yourself....(which is always immediately triggered by your decisions).

Enjoy creating the you THAT YOU WANT TO BE every moment you are alive !!

Heck, while you're at it, why not just "DOOM" yourself to success ???

(...and Truth?, that last line gave me a little chuckle just thinkin' about the look on the faces of all your detractors when you DO !)

Sorry this is so long.

Keep your chin up!

....so you can see your success a'comin' from a mile away!
Old 16-06-2019, 05:21 PM
Master
Dog TV and Cat TV

Quote:
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

All,

I never knew there was a channel entitled, DogTv, until I saw it for the 1st time.

Entertain and relax your bored or anxious dog with this soothing music for dogs! Take a journey through the park or across the beach and interact with ducks, birds and other dogs along with relaxing and tranquil music. Reduce anxiety and stress in dogs and puppies with this visual and audio therapy for dogs, get rid of bad and undesirable behavior!

Soothes me, too! (I'm watching right now)

BTW, I just found a YouTube reference for Cat TV, as well...

Hope you enjoy them all!

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ss2IaHI_ww

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWK...vS6JNx46VC6VmA
Old 26-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Master
When Heaven touches Earth in Everyday Life

Quote:
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

All,

Just thought I'd share these Neville Goddard quotes with you, all of which have affected me profoundly, but especially this one:

“There is no real separation or gap in consciousness. ‘I AM’ cannot be divided. I may conceive myself to be a rich man, a poor man, a beggar man or a thief, but the center of my being remains the same regardless of the concept I hold of myself. At the center of manifestation there is only one ‘I AM’ manifesting in legions of forms or concepts of itself and ‘I am that I am.’ ‘I AM’ is the self definition of the absolute, the foundation on which everything rests. ‘I AM’ is the first cause-substance. ‘I AM’ is the self definition of God. “I AM hath sent me unto you” “I AM THAT I AM”
― Neville, The Power of Awareness

...but it is in the 2nd reference, a video depicting how real life takes the above quote to a Heavenly level...right here on Earth in everyday life, as you will see.

Reference: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quo...Goddard?page=7

Reference: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2057221051051633
Old 27-06-2019, 04:16 AM
Master

Old 27-06-2019, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

.....when the Universe hugs, hug back!
Old 27-06-2019, 12:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
.....when the Universe hugs, hug back!

LOL...

My arms do not seem long enough to hug the universe...