Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Newbie ;)

I wanted to share some experiences I've had

My grandma told me years ago when I was younger about some experiences she used to have so she believed in an afterlife. We would sometimes talk about it and she always promised that if the afterlife existed, she would come back and let me know.

I've had a few experiences since she passed away but my logical mind is always trying to explain them away. Maybe I should just stop trying to explain them away and start to believe in them as they bring me so much comfort, which can only be a good thing.

I've had enough unexplained experiences over the years to fill a book with but thought I would just share a few as I'm sure you don't have all day lol:

1) When I was in the church at my grandma's funeral, I was crying. My partner said that on and around my shoulder at one point, there was a stone cold spot. I like to think she was there trying to comfort me. Unfortunately I never felt anything.

2) My grandma always loved my slippers in real life. She would always touch them and comment on them. I usually had those furry ones with animal faces on the front. Well one morning when I woke up, this wasn't long after she passed away, I went to put my slippers on (furry slippers with pom poms attached to the sides via furry lace type things that hung down) after I had got out of bed and found they had been tied together. That is impossible to do unless you physically do it. I never did it and my partner swore blind he never did it. It had never happened before then and I had had them for a very long time and it never happened again until the funeral of my grandma's best friend. I like to think she popped in for a visit on the way to her friends funeral.

3) My grandma always used to come to my parents house every christmas but one year after she had passed, my dog went loopy looking up in the corner of the living room and barking. It looked like he had seen something. It got his attention for a while so I went to take a photo. Just as I looked through the screen ready to get it in position, a white orb floated by. It had unfortunately gone by the time I took the photo though so nothing showed up in it. We like to think my grandma popped by for a visit that christmas.

4) This was one of the BEST unexplained experiences of my life!! One morning after I had woken up, I was sitting up in bed admiring the sunlight coming through the gap in the curtains. Shortly after, I saw the most astonishing thing. It was a ball about the size of a basketball and I can't really describe the colour but it was like a beige cappucino colour. A warm but neutral colour. It appeared around my head and started moving very slowly towards the end of the bed and up to the curtains if I remember right. Not only did I see it, but I also felt something. I felt happiness and love as though this ball was radiating it all out. I feel incredibly comforted. Again I like to think my grandma popped by and perhaps this was her way of trying to show herself to me. I was told by many that it was ball lightning but it was a beautiful sunny morning and I thought ball lightning smelt and moved quick whereas this made me feel certain emotions and moved very slowly.
Old 20-08-2019, 12:15 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alotofchoo
My grandma told me years ago when I was younger about some experiences she used to have so she believed in an afterlife. We would sometimes talk about it and she always promised that if the afterlife existed, she would come back and let me know.

I've had a few experiences since she passed away but my logical mind is always trying to explain them away. Maybe I should just stop trying to explain them away and start to believe in them as they bring me so much comfort, which can only be a good thing.

I've had enough unexplained experiences over the years to fill a book with but thought I would just share a few as I'm sure you don't have all day lol:

1) When I was in the church at my grandma's funeral, I was crying. My partner said that on and around my shoulder at one point, there was a stone cold spot. I like to think she was there trying to comfort me. Unfortunately I never felt anything.

2) My grandma always loved my slippers in real life. She would always touch them and comment on them. I usually had those furry ones with animal faces on the front. Well one morning when I woke up, this wasn't long after she passed away, I went to put my slippers on (furry slippers with pom poms attached to the sides via furry lace type things that hung down) after I had got out of bed and found they had been tied together. That is impossible to do unless you physically do it. I never did it and my partner swore blind he never did it. It had never happened before then and I had had them for a very long time and it never happened again until the funeral of my grandma's best friend. I like to think she popped in for a visit on the way to her friends funeral.

3) My grandma always used to come to my parents house every christmas but one year after she had passed, my dog went loopy looking up in the corner of the living room and barking. It looked like he had seen something. It got his attention for a while so I went to take a photo. Just as I looked through the screen ready to get it in position, a white orb floated by. It had unfortunately gone by the time I took the photo though so nothing showed up in it. We like to think my grandma popped by for a visit that christmas.

4) This was one of the BEST unexplained experiences of my life!! One morning after I had woken up, I was sitting up in bed admiring the sunlight coming through the gap in the curtains. Shortly after, I saw the most astonishing thing. It was a ball about the size of a basketball and I can't really describe the colour but it was like a beige cappucino colour. A warm but neutral colour. It appeared around my head and started moving very slowly towards the end of the bed and up to the curtains if I remember right. Not only did I see it, but I also felt something. I felt happiness and love as though this ball was radiating it all out. I feel incredibly comforted. Again I like to think my grandma popped by and perhaps this was her way of trying to show herself to me. I was told by many that it was ball lightning but it was a beautiful sunny morning and I thought ball lightning smelt and moved quick whereas this made me feel certain emotions and moved very slowly.

These are very cool experiences. Whether they were a sign from your grandmother or not, they were meant for you so you would believe.

IMO these types of celestial experiences are the minority of afterlife encounters. The majority of encounters people experiences are a lot more subtle but emotionally uplifting.

Signs from the other side generally include: synchronicity, signs and repeating numbers. They also include uncanny encounters with animals or objects that meant something to the deceased individual.These signs grow stronger or more elaborate over time.

The number one sign a deceased love one is trying to communicate with you is an increase in lucid dreaming about the individual who died.

It is very rare for an actual illumination to occur because the spirit world cannot violate the laws of physics since they have no body to use. Spirits are made up of consciousness and light.

Yet there is a chance that you saw something because she triggered your brain to see a vision.

I'm not trying to invalidate your experience but I just wanted to point out how rare all 3 of your experiences are.
Old 20-08-2019, 02:38 AM
Seeker
Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks Alotofchoo for sharing with honesty about these experiences. I really think that it is very possible that it might be your loving grandmother looking out for you that is visiting like a spiritual guide.
I have had many encounters myself trough my life.
Advise...since we can not know for sure though, i suggest you not pursue to try to contact her on your own...it is best for the passed to be resting in peace unless they wish to look out for us on their own.
Also, you are very lucky this encounter was peaceful and loving, but not all are...try to control your curiosity and not to try to contact other ones as it can be dangerous and even make you pretty ill if you encounter an hostile one and some are tricksters.
Old 20-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
These are very cool experiences. Whether they were a sign from your grandmother or not, they were meant for you so you would believe.

IMO these types of celestial experiences are the minority of afterlife encounters. The majority of encounters people experiences are a lot more subtle but emotionally uplifting.

Signs from the other side generally include: synchronicity, signs and repeating numbers. They also include uncanny encounters with animals or objects that meant something to the deceased individual.These signs grow stronger or more elaborate over time.

The number one sign a deceased love one is trying to communicate with you is an increase in lucid dreaming about the individual who died.

It is very rare for an actual illumination to occur because the spirit world cannot violate the laws of physics since they have no body to use. Spirits are made up of consciousness and light.

Yet there is a chance that you saw something because she triggered your brain to see a vision.

I'm not trying to invalidate your experience but I just wanted to point out how rare all 3 of your experiences are.

Thanks for your reply. wow I am surprised they are such rare experiences. I am just a normal person so feel quite lucky to have had these happen if that's the case. I wonder if it was to do with the kind of person that my grandma was. She was very loving, caring and friendly and would do anything for anyone and was always baking for people. She loved her children and grand children more than anything. Oddly I am the only grandchild of hers that has had any experiences although my Mum and her brother have had a few of their own bizarre unexplained experiences which involves white feathers indoors and my grandma's favourite flower moving on its own.

There's always the chance that the ball was an hallucination but can an hallucination really make you feel such lovely emotions? And there is no way to explain the slippers! I've had the odd dream with my grandma in it and one of them was perhaps a visitation but I've had hardly any really with her in them.
Old 20-08-2019, 11:59 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowFerret
Thanks Alotofchoo for sharing with honesty about these experiences. I really think that it is very possible that it might be your loving grandmother looking out for you that is visiting like a spiritual guide.
I have had many encounters myself trough my life.
Advise...since we can not know for sure though, i suggest you not pursue to try to contact her on your own...it is best for the passed to be resting in peace unless they wish to look out for us on their own.
Also, you are very lucky this encounter was peaceful and loving, but not all are...try to control your curiosity and not to try to contact other ones as it can be dangerous and even make you pretty ill if you encounter an hostile one and some are tricksters.

Thanks for your reply. Have you shared your experiences on this forum? I would love to read them! I've read a few books but I think it's best they contact me if they want to although I did ask before I went to bed the other month about if I could receive a sign that the afterlife was real and got a vision in the night which blew me away but that could have been an hallucination so I didn't include it
Old 20-08-2019, 06:55 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alotofchoo
Thanks for your reply. wow I am surprised they are such rare experiences. I am just a normal person so feel quite lucky to have had these happen if that's the case. I wonder if it was to do with the kind of person that my grandma was. She was very loving, caring and friendly and would do anything for anyone and was always baking for people. She loved her children and grand children more than anything. Oddly I am the only grandchild of hers that has had any experiences although my Mum and her brother have had a few of their own bizarre unexplained experiences which involves white feathers indoors and my grandma's favourite flower moving on its own.

There's always the chance that the ball was an hallucination but can an hallucination really make you feel such lovely emotions? And there is no way to explain the slippers! I've had the odd dream with my grandma in it and one of them was perhaps a visitation but I've had hardly any really with her in them.

It totally could be! IMHO it could have been a vision while you were alert. I've had one such vision and it was the loveliest of feelings that I've ever experienced.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 20-08-2019, 09:50 PM
Administrator
You meant a great deal to your grandmother,when she passed she came back to see you,
I feel you are a bit frightened by the spiritual world this is why you keep doubting what you are experiencing.
you are spiritual yourself have faith in your abilities .

Namaste