Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 07-04-2013, 05:16 AM
Master
Melodrama

Recently I've been wondering if the 'Twin Flame Story' is perpetuating personal melodrama.

Maybe the aggrandising of 'twin flames' sets expectations which don't acurately represent the reality of peoples lives, and this creates anguish in the hearts of those who aspire to reach for unattainable ideals.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Natalia

Maybe you are right Gem. Maybe twin flames is all just fairytale **** that simply only exists in our heads and can't possibly be a reality.
Put aside the term twin flame and tell me this...are there soul mates, do they exist, are they real? Does love exist between two opposite genders or same sex genders?
What is the 'reality' of love. I'd like an example if you will.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Natalia

It's an unattainable ideal you say.
Maybe you are right.
I have this complete and utter mental break down where I am not making sense and cannot explain why or how it happens. Because of that I cannot be loved. Who can love that? Who would love someone that has mental breakdowns? Who would even want to be her friend or support her during her mental nightmare?
No soul mate, no twin flame. No one is there.
Maybe you are right Gem.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia
Maybe you are right Gem. Maybe twin flames is all just fairytale **** that simply only exists in our heads and can't possibly be a reality.
Put aside the term twin flame and tell me this...are there soul mates, do they exist, are they real? Does love exist between two opposite genders or same sex genders?
What is the 'reality' of love. I'd like an example if you will.

It might kinda like the image of beauty portrayed by popular media, which is an unrealistic illusion that's disparaged from the reality of people's lives. the twin flame story might just portray an ideal 'photoshopped' version of relationships.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Natalia

So then maybe we need more people like you to come bring a sober view on all of this and remind us to quit believing in our dreams, hopes and wishes.
We're all just pathetic and need to quit fooling ourselves that there is a possibility that this love exists. Relationships and marriage is hit and home run or hit and miss. Either or. No such thing as spiritual bond or spiritual love?
Tell me what it's about Gem. What is love 'meant' to be. I've grown up seeing what its not meant to be....but maybe that's just how it is right?
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Natalia

I'll have to settle for a man that wont see me for who I really am. I'll have to settle for a man that see's me as 'doable' to keep his socks washed and company in bed and when he tires of me he will begin to take me for granted and possibly sleep around or begin to treat me unwell or both. Sure at first he'll charm me right? Treat me awesome.
The thought that someone could truly and really love me is such a stupid myth that I have been kidding myself that it is possible.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Maximilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia
I'll have to settle for a man that wont see me for who I really am. I'll have to settle for a man that see's me as 'doable' to keep his socks washed and company in bed and when he tires of me he will begin to take me for granted and possibly sleep around or begin to treat me unwell or both. Sure at first he'll charm me right? Treat me awesome.
The thought that someone could truly and really love me is such a stupid myth that I have been kidding myself that it is possible.

I really don't think that's what he meant, Natalia.
No need to get hyped up. It's just a thought. Plus, I don't think it would be sound for one to blow up over something that another felt free and trusting enough to share in a public forum...
Woosah.

I think what he's saying is that the idea of twin flames - the very basic essence of the concept - has been embellished over time to fullfill the general public's own idea of a "perfect" love.

I think he's talking about the expectations people bring to it, which blinds them from what the relationship is truly about, and thus, propels them into "personal melodrama" - a sort of vague term, but probably referring to the "oh, she/he doesn't act the way I thought she/he would"'s or the "I thought he loved me, why isn't he/she showing it?!"'s and all that follows..

You know?

So, again...woosah, Hun....<3
Old 07-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Natalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilia
I really don't think that's what he meant, Natalia.
No need to get hyped up. It's just a thought. Plus, I don't think it would be sound for one to blow up over something that another felt free and trusting enough to share in a public forum...
Woosah.

I think what he's saying is that the idea of twin flames - the very basic essence of the concept - has been embellished over time to fullfill the general public's own idea of a "perfect" love.

I think he's talking about the expectations people bring to it, which blinds them from what the relationship is truly about, and thus, propels them into "personal melodrama" - a sort of vague term, but probably referring to the "oh, she/he doesn't act the way I thought she/he would"'s or the "I thought he loved me, why isn't he/she showing it?!"'s and all that follows..

You know?

So, again...woosah, Hun....<3
I understand that. Sorry Gem for taking it that way.
Thank you for clearing that Maximilia.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Master
I never even heard the twin flame story till I was like 40, and I think people could be freer and have more meaningful relationships without the expectations associated with being a 'twin flame'. I wonder if it's fair to expect anyone to live up to these unrealistic standards, and I doubt anyone can, so that causes a lot of disappointment and anxiety.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Natalia

I see what you are saying Gem. Part of me does not doubt what I have experienced and how I feel. Another part sits and ponders this along the lines of what you are saying which helps keep doubt around, I really do not want to be a fool, it makes me think that even if it's a lot of ****, even if this person is no connection in that way, I still know and felt what I experienced and love no matter what, heck I may never get that back but I tell you, I love and that is not make believe. I do not know what the 'standard' is that is unrealistic, maybe you could explain that a bit more?