Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Deactivated Account
I experience the high pitched buzz in my ears when awaking from a particularly spiritual dream, during meditation, when talking to spirit or when thinking about spiritual things. Therefore my conclusion is that it's a spiritual thing.

That said, I do experience tinnitus as well, but this usually occurs after being around loud music or when ill. I can tell it apart from spiritual experiences.

Everyone is entitled to their own views and perspectives and it is up to the reader to ascertain which ones feel right to him/her. That is how it is on any forum.
Old 29-09-2012, 10:35 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I experience the high pitched buzz in my ears when awaking from a particularly spiritual dream, during meditation, when talking to spirit or when thinking about spiritual things. Therefore my conclusion is that it's a spiritual thing.

That said, I do experience tinnitus as well, but this usually occurs after being around loud music or when ill. I can tell it apart from spiritual experiences.

Everyone is entitled to their own views and perspectives and it is up to the reader to ascertain which ones feel right to him/her. That is how it is on any forum.

The key is that you know the difference between both states because you experience - and can differentiate between - them.

It's not uncommon just to want there to be a psychic/spiritual explanation for a condition that may simply be a physiological problem as with tinnitus....
Old 29-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
The key is that you know the difference between both states because you experience - and can differentiate between - them.

It's not uncommon just to want there to be a psychic/spiritual explanation for a condition that may simply be a physiological problem as with tinnitus....

Oh I agree completely. That's why I feel it's important to rule out any physcial problems before labelling experiences as spiritual. The trouble is that tinnitus isn't easily diagnosed and often boils down to when/how you experience it. Over time you can 'tune in' as it were to your body and sense what is causing the experiences. Or at least, I have been able to.
Old 29-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Master
The problem is, a person might really really hope it's some really cool spiritual growth indicator, and follow an internet guru who can't possibly know what's really going on, but likes to sell the inner sound current theory, and by being so led by the promise which appealed to hope, neglect to have their ears checked.

In that case, as the condition deteriorates and the irritation become more prominant, they believe that it's an indicator of spiritual growth, when it might bne a sign of going deaf.

Of course if the feller did end up having a bad outcome, then it's '100% their responsibility' and no consideration is given to the ethical delimma that the peoson was coerced by feeding a hope that was expressed in first instance.

Once someone takes an authoritive position as the Bringer of Truth, they weild influence too, and with that power comes responsibility, but they don't understand that.

No-one knows anything about th OP's condition. They merely speak from some personal perspective.
Old 29-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Deactivated Account
I guess it's about personal responsibility for self at all times.

That can be a hard concept in this day and age, but it's an important one.

What someone takes from a post is their responsibility, not anyone else's. That is how I see it.

Of course, forums have guidelines, and those are important too,particularly because of children.

But ultimately, we're each responsible for our own reactions, feelings and experiences, regardless of what others perspectives are.

That is actually quite freeing because it means each of us are allowed our own perspective. Or at least that's how I see it.

But you're right that no one can possibly know someone else's experience. It is up to the person who asked the question to take what reasonates and disregard the rest.

This too, is my perspective
Old 30-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The problem is, a person might really really hope it's some really cool spiritual growth indicator, and follow an internet guru who can't possibly know what's really going on, but likes to sell the inner sound current theory, and by being so led by the promise which appealed to hope, neglect to have their ears checked.

In that case, as the condition deteriorates and the irritation become more prominant, they believe that it's an indicator of spiritual growth, when it might bne a sign of going deaf.
It is one of the problems in a forum like this that many people go for the most outlandish, esoteric and seemingly spiritual explanation first.
We can see that often in threads about orbs, tf's and sm's, psychotic and delusional states and dysfunctional relationships.
Old 30-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Knower
I dont know about having tinnitis. From what I have heard, that condition is pretty annoying. And loud.

Recently I was listening to a teleconference. I have no clue who the speaker was that day. But it was a spiritual teleconference series. whomever the speaker was, he or she suggested to turn off all music and sound at some time in the future. Then listen carefully. And you will hear a high pitch sound. This is the sound of your own soul. Is this true? I have no clue.
Old 30-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Master
Yes... this is sound from the spiritual dimension. If you're interested you could read this thread about it, lili:

The Inner Sound Current - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3703

There's also a good book on the subject by Erik Gustafson called "The Ringing Sound".

I've gained many benefits in spiritual growth by simply listening to the sounds in a meditative way.

Xan

Old 30-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Master

:) you can always check with going deaf, I have my doubts its that though
http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/hearing_test/
Anyone who wishes can also use it to compare the sounds they hear to the sounds available there, its a hearing testing with the different higher vibrations we can hear.
Personally I can hear all of them, although the last took me twice to hear. My mother cannot hear past the fourth, however
I can often hear the vibrations of the things around me if I listen for them, sometimes the inner current does come out and I hear it loud and clear :)
A few of my friends have some things where they can hear their ear hairs dying, also high pitched.
Go with what rings with your gut, as each time you hear the sound, it may vary, it may be different, thus it may have different sources.
My kindle, which I keep with me a lot, produces around 20 thousand Hz, very occationally I'll tune into it and be able to hear it, othertimes it may just be my ears reacting to it.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes... this is sound from the spiritual dimension. If you're interested you could read this thread about it, lili:

The Inner Sound Current - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3703

There's also a good book on the subject by Erik Gustafson called "The Ringing Sound".

I've gained many benefits in spiritual growth by simply listening to the sounds in a meditative way.

Xan

And there it is.