Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Suspended
Hi NightOwl,
Redefining spiritual words has been an adventure, as well as a sanity savor!
Like the words, "sin" & "repentance" reminded me of a lot of shame & just made me fell icky. Then I realized sin is basically rooted in incorrect thoughts & that we are meant to be imperfect, so we can grow by overcoming limiting thoughts (repentance.)
So, one Sunday, I was sitting in church & this guy gets up to preach repentance & I started getting upset... until I remembered my new definition & suddenly his message became inspirational & motivating!
Here are some words I've mentioned before (& the meanings have & may change)...

Spiritual Terms

alone = all one
atone = at one
evil = elusive veil
God = GOoD
Holy = Whole
ignorance = ignor-ance
inspire = in spire - upward to higher self (spire/steeple)
responsibility = response-ability
disease = dis ease

Christian Word Meanings (to me)
Atonement: Harmonize so that ego & higher self are "at one"
Celestial: Christ/Divine Consciousness
Commandments: Scripture/learned guidance & spiritual/intuitive guidance
Covenants with God: Covenants/promises with LOVE
Cross/Lamb: Our & others sacrifices for spiritual progress
God: Love
Gospel: "Good news" - new perspectives of truth
"He lives": Love lives & spiritual help is always available!
Jesus: Guide to Christ Consciousness
Kingdom of God/Heaven: Spiritual connection within, Realm of God is within us
Love: Desiring & striving for what's best eternally (in life-through trial & error)
Repent: Correct one's thinking
Salvation: Healed by correcting one's thinking - toward Christ-Consciousness
Satan/Adversary: Unhealed parts of us; incorrect thinking that ultimately causes pain
Savior/Redeemer: Those that help us (especially spiritually)
Sin/Evil: Incorrect thinking
Temple: our body, mind & soul... or... a place to connect spiritually
Old 19-06-2011, 07:03 PM
nightowl

Hey thanks Sentientno1, sometimes things get through my pea brain...heheeee

moke64916,

"Universal", hmmm...this word always make me think of the phrase one size fits all. I do believe there are aspects of spiritual belief that could be placed in the category of universal such as love and evil. I am sure there are more as well. The fit though isn't usually tailor made, in that though the term or word may be a general/universal term it sometimes can be slightly irregular when attempting to apply it across the board in spiritual matters. What is the saying, the devil is in the details, some will have the longest discussions over the most minute differences which very often will nullify any possibility of universality.

Perspective,

Quote:
... until I remembered my new definition & suddenly his message became inspirational & motivating!

Good for you, spiritual freedom does expand our views huh? I find it interesting how this experience you have shared points to that fact that the definition of word or terms can be either constricting or freeing. Nice insight!

nightowl
Old 20-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Hey Thinker108,

Thanks for your input.

I believe words are very important to our beliefs. They are an extension of our experiences, expressions of our personal understanding of what we are sharing.

They give us a means to communicate our beliefs through the symbols that the words represent. They help to create an image that brings substance to our beliefs, a frame work for us and others to relate to...the beauty that words can convey bring enhancement to our lives. Personal spiritual language or words help us understand our spiritual reality, at least this is how I view such things.

nightowl

You are right. I will write some words in next post.
Old 22-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Master
Brahman- almighty God,
Maya-power of God,
Jeeva-Power of God,
Moksha-libration from the world.
Old 22-06-2011, 03:38 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
Brahman- almighty God,
Maya-power of God,
Jeeva-Power of God,
Moksha-libration from the world.

Thanks Thinker108 for sharing more of what you believe. So you embrace the teachings of Hinduism ? Can you share more on what Moksha is about? When is liberation from the world attained? Is this at death or do you believe it is possible before then?

nightowl
Old 22-06-2011, 03:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Thanks Thinker108 for sharing more of what you believe. So you embrace the teachings of Hinduism ? Can you share more on what Moksha is about? When is liberation from the world attained? Is this at death or do you believe it is possible before then?

nightowl

I do not believe in any “ism”. I will certainly answer your all questions in next post. Thanks for thanks.
Old 24-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Master
Hello nightowl
here is your answer
There are only three element existing. God, Jeeva and Maya. Jeeva and maya are both power of God. But Jeeva has forgotten his consciousness. Now he realize him as only a body. And attached with the World(maya). It is called Bandhan. Spirit have various desires. Because of desires it is rounding in a cycle named birth and death. We all know this scientific fact that circle never ends. Breaking this cycle is called moksha. Lord says in gita spitit changes bodies as person changes cloths. But the person well knows that he is not cloths. When the spirit realize that he is not the body he breaks the cycle.
there are various paths for break this cycle.
there is not a question of after death or before death. We all are living as fainted and also are dyeing as fainted. I am a body, this feeling never changes in life or death. We can certainly can get mokhsa in life.
you questions are very deep and there are many debater on this topic. But never mind. If you have mumuksha, you can get moksha.
with honour
Thinker
Old 24-06-2011, 03:27 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
Hello nightowl
here is your answer
There are only three element existing. God, Jeeva and Maya. Jeeva and maya are both power of God. But Jeeva has forgotten his consciousness. Now he realize him as only a body. And attached with the World(maya). It is called Bandhan. Spirit have various desires. Because of desires it is rounding in a cycle named birth and death. We all know this scientific fact that circle never ends. Breaking this cycle is called moksha. Lord says in gita spitit changes bodies as person changes cloths. But the person well knows that he is not cloths. When the spirit realize that he is not the body he breaks the cycle.
there are various paths for break this cycle.
there is not a question of after death or before death. We all are living as fainted and also are dyeing as fainted. I am a body, this feeling never changes in life or death. We can certainly can get mokhsa in life.
you questions are very deep and there are many debater on this topic. But never mind. If you have mumuksha, you can get moksha.
with honour
Thinker

Thank you Thinker108 for sharing more deeply with me. I pretty much follow what you are sharing. I resonate with it as well If I may ask another question;

What is mumuksha?

nightowl
Old 24-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Master
suppose you are in a blind well where are many snakes and you are bonded in thick chains. what you will do?
you will cry? you will scream? you will try to libration with your all powers. it is called mumuksha.
extreamly sorry for my this kind of thinking for you. i want to give just example.
Old 24-06-2011, 03:44 AM
nightowl

Don't apologize AC, I like the example and I do now understand mumuksha...thank you.

nightowl