Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 02-06-2018, 04:52 AM
traceyacey12

Life after ego death

There's a lot on the internet about how your twin flame causes you to awaken. I have not read as much what I'm about to say, but I'm guessing this would cause an ego death. This (for me) means that everything about how you perceive the world comes crashing down and you're left confused perhaps thinking "what is life?" This is what has happened to me: everything I have centered my life around was proven wrong with this twin flame connection. And I mean everything. So now, I am left in a sort of void. I feel disconnected from the world. Nothing makes sense. Anyone one else also feel/felt this way? What did you do to snap out of it? Maybe you can share a bit about your story?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you :)
Old 02-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Dear TraceyTracey...

The next is up to you rebuilding YOU as you see fit, according to that which your higher self directs.

You are the creator of your reality, your beliefs shape your world.

When your whole world and everything you once believed has crumbled there is an opportunity to rebuild and create a world according to new rules which serve your highest good. Start with your personal foundations, make them solid and then build from there.

It can sometimes feel overwhelming to realise just how much authority we have over our own world especially in the afternoon aftermath of an awakening experience where it can sometimes feel as though our authority has been superseeded by the connection... And a world has crumbled down to ashes... The new world is yours.
True love in its essence reveals/ revels in your soul flourishing... What ingredients do you need for your spirit to be nourished?

We are loved in our fullness as well as in our fragility... In this moment...

The next step, as scary and as excitingas it is... Is up to you
Old 02-06-2018, 08:46 AM
Suspended
After ego death you will see the truth in all the situations life throws at you and you will be able to rebuild yourself, but this time you can rebuild based on truth.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Ascender

I'm curious as to what exactly you mean by ego. It's my understanding that the ego doesn't "die" so much as we learn to control it. You say that everything you thought was important turned out not to be, I'm assuming you are referring more to material stuff and achievements? Maybe you could elaborate, or correct me if I'm wrong. What exactly turned out not to be true about life that you thought it was about?
Nothing makes sense about our world because our society has it all wrong. What's considered important is not really what it's about at all. We are told or given the impression that what's important is to accomplish a certain level of achievement or gain a certain level of material possessions or status. Then people achieve this and wonder why they are still miserable. That's because they are not doing their soul mission, what they came here to do.

The void is a part of the awakening process, it's a transition stage. It's in between us living the way we used to live and becoming what we truly were meant to be. If you look up Victor Oddo on youtube he has some videos about the void.
I went through the void/ transition phase. Don't worry, it will end. I've just recently started to find my place and nitch with like minded people that I relate to (as opposed trying to fit in with people that I don't). Once you begin to fully be your true self it will happen.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:56 PM
Lorelyen

I'm just as curious to know what exactly is meant by "ego death"?

It may have taken a battering, a "solve et coagula" when someone "wakes up" but ego won't die. There are only two ways to shed ego as far as I can see, the opposite poles: the temporary one of orgasm and the other, physical death (which in the spiritual sense is also temporary but no one knows what happens to ego after that.
Even under psychedelics when you're forced to let your ego go your residual judgement stays intact, at least in a mentally healthy person.

So I'm assuming here, traceyacey12 that you mean the shock of awakening (whatever you care to call it) has been huge.

Be assured life is still with you and in time you'll consolidate. Be patient. While you're suffering what's been inflicted on you, keep your eyes on the horizon and know: You will rebuild and you'll come out a far more aware being than went in. It a great shame that you had no one there who could act as your "index" on reality - the everyday life most of which is still there - someone open-minded enough you could just open up to. Just talking through is a wonderful therapy - which is what you seem to be doing there.

What seems bleak and dark and confusing now will light up bit by bit to be a new wonderland in the end.... Promise....if you can be patient and take each day as it comes. Keep your sights on that.

PS. I have been through what sounds like a similar hopelessly disorienting experience but down to something else. Nothing to do with twin flame.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Suspended
Master
When I saw the phrase "ego death" I thought of this for some reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnoCHlybAnU

It all started for me when I questioned what I was being taught in Sunday school back in the 60's. I remember when my brother asked the question "who did Adam and Eve's children marry?". At the time he thought the answer was that other couples were produced that produced children for them to marry. Then I discovered the theory of evolution and checked out books from the library on Richard Leaky and showed them to my friends. One guy who later became an 8th grade drop-out told me that his family hated me because I discussed evolution with people. In the 70's, another neighbor got us into going to The National Spiritual Sciences Center where they had services on Sunday, one of the reverends gave a long sermon-like psychic reading and at the end of the service we'd all get individual psychic readings. I bought the book Journies Out of the Body by Robert Monroe from their book store and at the time was having sleep paralysis at the time and learned how to do astral travel myself with the help of the book. In 1978, me and my twin were in the same English class, but at the time didn't realize the charisma-like effect I felt from her was just between me and her, later on, I did realized it and thought she was my soulmate, before finding the term "twin flame" in Jess Stearn's book Soulmates, and realized that was it. In 1984, I worked at a restaurant and one of the waitresses was a near twin to me. When she was standing close to me in a back room, I could sense it. I knew I was with both my twin and near twin before I was born, so this seemed to reaffirm my belief in reincarnation. Recently, I read about the emperors Constantine and Justinian banning the doctrine of reincarnation. So now I just try to accept the fact that I live in a world of pretentious people who believe they have to accept what is supposed to be believed by the masses if you want to get work and survive. There are a few enlightened people that I find now and then, though.

Last edited by Aldous : 02-06-2018 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Suspended
Master
I remember when one of my friends told me there was no such thing as Santa Claus and then I asked my mother if that was true and she admitted it. I still got presents on Christmas after that in spite of it.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:48 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I'm curious as to what exactly you mean by ego. It's my understanding that the ego doesn't "die" so much as we learn to control it. You say that everything you thought was important turned out not to be, I'm assuming you are referring more to material stuff and achievements? Maybe you could elaborate, or correct me if I'm wrong. What exactly turned out not to be true about life that you thought it was about?
Nothing makes sense about our world because our society has it all wrong. What's considered important is not really what it's about at all. We are told or given the impression that what's important is to accomplish a certain level of achievement or gain a certain level of material possessions or status. Then people achieve this and wonder why they are still miserable. That's because they are not doing their soul mission, what they came here to do.

The void is a part of the awakening process, it's a transition stage. It's in between us living the way we used to live and becoming what we truly were meant to be. If you look up Victor Oddo on youtube he has some videos about the void.
I went through the void/ transition phase. Don't worry, it will end. I've just recently started to find my place and nitch with like minded people that I relate to (as opposed trying to fit in with people that I don't). Once you begin to fully be your true self it will happen.

yeah, I've been watching a lot of Victor Oddo videos. That's where I got the void terminology from. Basically, I was a molecular biologist motivated to her studies to find the deeper meaning of life, thinking it could be found in the things the 3D world thinks is important (psychology, history, socio-economic status, etc) but then this happened. Now I have a lot of empty time in my hands because I'm not motivated to find my answer in those things. I guess my lack of meaningful connections was the void I was trying to fill with the whole meaning of life thing also. Even my enjoyment of music came from a place of lack as I related to song lyrics from the standpoint that it described my longing for something else in my life. I now find that song lyrics aren't enjoyable to me (and the music also sounds different itself, which could be from a transformation caused by awakening I believe... yes I know it sounds strange, but that's my conclusion). That's what I mean by ego death. The way I experienced the world no longer makes sense.

Just trying to find people to relate to on this since its not something many people can understand. I've watched a lot of videos on it and I guess I'm just recruiting more support. Can I ask how long the void lasted? I can't see myself getting out of this any time soon. I literally have to rebuild my whole life. And yeah, I figured soulmates would come out of this since I would be following my soul's calling. I'm excited about this but at the same time it feels like maybe I'm making all of this up and I should really get a job etc.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:50 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Dear TraceyTracey...

The next is up to you rebuilding YOU as you see fit, according to that which your higher self directs.

You are the creator of your reality, your beliefs shape your world.

When your whole world and everything you once believed has crumbled there is an opportunity to rebuild and create a world according to new rules which serve your highest good. Start with your personal foundations, make them solid and then build from there.

It can sometimes feel overwhelming to realise just how much authority we have over our own world especially in the afternoon aftermath of an awakening experience where it can sometimes feel as though our authority has been superseeded by the connection... And a world has crumbled down to ashes... The new world is yours.
True love in its essence reveals/ revels in your soul flourishing... What ingredients do you need for your spirit to be nourished?

We are loved in our fullness as well as in our fragility... In this moment...

The next step, as scary and as excitingas it is... Is up to you

yeah, figured. don't know if I'm going crazy, but thanks.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:53 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I'm just as curious to know what exactly is meant by "ego death"?

It may have taken a battering, a "solve et coagula" when someone "wakes up" but ego won't die. There are only two ways to shed ego as far as I can see, the opposite poles: the temporary one of orgasm and the other, physical death (which in the spiritual sense is also temporary but no one knows what happens to ego after that.
Even under psychedelics when you're forced to let your ego go your residual judgement stays intact, at least in a mentally healthy person.

So I'm assuming here, traceyacey12 that you mean the shock of awakening (whatever you care to call it) has been huge.

Be assured life is still with you and in time you'll consolidate. Be patient. While you're suffering what's been inflicted on you, keep your eyes on the horizon and know: You will rebuild and you'll come out a far more aware being than went in. It a great shame that you had no one there who could act as your "index" on reality - the everyday life most of which is still there - someone open-minded enough you could just open up to. Just talking through is a wonderful therapy - which is what you seem to be doing there.

What seems bleak and dark and confusing now will light up bit by bit to be a new wonderland in the end.... Promise....if you can be patient and take each day as it comes. Keep your sights on that.

PS. I have been through what sounds like a similar hopelessly disorienting experience but down to something else. Nothing to do with twin flame.

what I mean by ego death is how I viewed, perceived and experienced the world (everything about it) has been challenged. I wrote the details in my response to jro5139 if you're interested. Its how people describe ego death so I use that terminology as well.