Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Experiencer

Visions of hell?

What do you make of claims people saying that they have died, went to hell, then came back to warn others?
Old 24-04-2017, 08:53 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
What do you make of claims people saying that they have died, went to hell, then came back to warn others?

Untruth. God is love--he is not a sadist who created a literal hell.
Truth of what God set before all= life or death, both are everlasting.-Deuteronomy 30:19)
The teachings of a hell in the nt= symbolism for the value of what is lost by those who are not allowed entrance into Gods kingdom.
Day after day--each new day dawns eternally in Gods kingdom--those missing out miss each new dawning day-eternally, it never stops.--likened to a place of suffering.
Old 24-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
They are being of service to God.

Hell is the state or condition of being without God. It is the human condition that we are evil and wicked without God in the afterlife. There are also places of hell. The soul is in need of salvation. they are miserable. The person is lost and without family or friends.

Jesus restores the soul of the believer with His powers. They are happy. And are in heaven with family and friends.

1 Corinthians 1:18. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Romans 1:16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth;...
Old 24-04-2017, 11:42 PM
Master

Quote:

Experiences of the afterlife depends on the culture a person is raised in. Someone from a Christian background has a Christain experience of heaven or hell, a Buddhist wil have a Buddhist experience with no heaven or hell, etc. It just depends what beliefs are ingrained in the subconscious mind. As the brain develops when we are children, the beliefs of our culture actually become part of the mind. That's why they seem so real and people can have experiences that seem to 'prove' their particular belief system.

A good question to ask yourself is "Do I want to follow a God that tortures people for eternity, a punishment that does not fit their crimes?" Most people wouldn't wish that on their worst enemy. The fundamentalist Christian god is portrayed as a sadist and needy for attention. The followers project their own psyche's on him.
Old 25-04-2017, 12:21 AM
Master
It's well known that the lower astral worlds are where the lower entities reside. Anyone who astral travel knows this. It's also covered in every esoteric philosophy. So yes, it is possible to have visions of "hell." But it's not the mythical "hell and damnation" place the Christian church describes, no.
Old 25-04-2017, 12:59 AM
Experiencer
It is hell to be without God in the afterlife.

John 14:6. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

I have personally witnessed some of the poor lost souls of hell.
Old 25-04-2017, 04:07 AM
Master

Personally I wouldn't even want to be a with a God that would create me then reject me forever for being me. I'd rather not spend any time wiht a person like that. I care about myself enough not to be abused by psycho dieties.
Old 25-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Personally I wouldn't even want to be a with a God that would create me then reject me forever for being me.
Religions and God-beliefs are like the many languages of the world. Various groups of karmic souls, each living their reality within the confines of their own chosen belief-paradigms. This lifetime they're Christian, next lifetime they're Muslim, and after that they come back as a Theosophist. This lifetime they believe in hell, next lifetime they roll their eyes at the silly notion. The trick is to see the eternal big picture and not get stuck in the illusion and belief-limitations of the current karmic lifetime.
Old 25-04-2017, 11:31 AM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Personally I wouldn't even want to be a with a God that would create me then reject me forever for being me. I'd rather not spend any time wiht a person like that. I care about myself enough not to be abused by psycho dieties.

It all comes down to the issues raised against God in Eden--Those who love God and appreciate being handed life for free, listen to Gods advice on how a mortal should live---the selfish take up satans side and refuse to listen to God. One path leads to life everlasting, the other path leads to death everlasting( Deut 30:19)-- its our choice--no one else makes the choice for us--actions prove much more than words do.
The wise learn and apply--John 4:22-24
Its not God rejecting you, its those choosing wrong rejecting him.
Old 25-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
It all comes down to the issues raised against God in Eden--Those who love God and appreciate being handed life for free, listen to Gods advice on how a mortal should live---the selfish take up satans side and refuse to listen to God. One path leads to life everlasting, the other path leads to death everlasting( Deut 30:19)-- its our choice--no one else makes the choice for us--actions prove much more than words do.
The wise learn and apply--John 4:22-24
Its not God rejecting you, its those choosing wrong rejecting him.

If God created humans and is all-knowing, he knew exactly what they would do even before he made them. According to fundamentalist Christianity, God punishes the majority of those humans for their sins in eternal torment. He knowingly created humans that would sin, suffer on earth, then suffer eternally in hell. That's super-psycho stuff lol. You can make excuses for it and try to justify it if you want. I'd rather call a spade a spade.

Last edited by Seawolf : 25-04-2017 at 06:08 PM.