Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Master
Intersecting Circles

Namaste.

It's weird sometimes how we are taught/instructed via dreams and I had a really nice one last night in regards.

Think of two circles, the same size, side-by side.

One represents the differentiated Self and the other represents the universal consciousness/Brahman.

In the totally un-aware person, these circles exist/appear as being totally separate or dual:

When spiritual practice begins and some Self-awareness is achieved, these circles begin to move towards each other and start to intersect or overlap at various points along the circumference and bliss can be found only in the common space shared between these two circles:

The two circles will keep moving towards each other or away from each other invariably until they intersect totally and fully...and become one circle, but this one circle will have the properties of both circles, but it will be totally non-dual and a 'new circle' in its own right:

Now, that of course is assuming each circle is exactly the same size! (which many do).

We shall repeat the above, with the circle of Self a lot smaller than the circle of consciousness/Brahman.

So, at first and to the individual "in - divide - dual" awareness and perception, we have one big circle (cosmos/God/Infinite) and a lot smaller circle (Self/atman) and these exist in dual juxtaposition.

Then, after certain spiritual practices/Sadhana, theses two circles will intersect at various points along the combined circumference, leading to a shared space of love, bliss etc exactly like before.

Then, when non-duality is fully realised/actualised, the smaller circle will cease being just a part of the larger circle and go totally inside of it:

When that happens, the smaller circle becomes part of the larger circle and either becomes incorporated into everything within the circumference of the larger circle, or else still remains a circle in its own right within the larger circle, but non-duality is achieved either way.

So that's the dream I had last night and thank you for reading.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:39 AM
Suspended
Nice, Necro i like the way you have explained it here, yup. I'v used the Octopus as an example to explain this before aswell.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:33 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Threeness > Duality > Single-minded-ness

There eternally exists a cosmic set of three{ 3 } ergo there exists a duality irrespective of the geometry used to representative of this, that other and no this or that or other. More on that later below at bottom of page.

However, first, lets understand that any closed, 2D{ area } geometry ex circle{ ultra-high frequency polygon } or polygon has a at minimum two or three kinds of duality{ twoness };

Inside-outside ergo macro-micro >IN< { convergent-divergent } <OUT>

Concave-convex (

Here is set of four 3D kinds of twoness{ duality };

...."Fig. 1073.10 Cosmic Inherency: Four Kinds of Twoness:
Spin twoness is additive.

Duality twoness (concave-convex) is multiplicative.

The spin twoness and duality twoness together comprise a third relationship twoness.

The fourth twoness is comprised of the macro-micro (insideness and outsideness) twoness.
http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synerg...igs/f7310.html
----------------------------------------------

Now for the eternally existent cosmic set of three;

1} metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept ex concept of Space, God. Universe, Geometry{ circle-polygon } etc

----line-of-demarcation------------------

2} metaphysical-2, macro-infinite, non-occupied space, that, embraces the following,

3} occupied space Universe aka Uni-V-erse

.....3a2} spirit-2, fermions and bosons aka observed{ quantised } physical/energy i.e. observed time/reality/frequency /\/\/ and is commonly associated with a sine-wave pattern ^v^v,

.....3a3} spirit-3{ metaphyscial-3 } ultra-micro gravity ( ),

.....3a4} spirit-4{ metaphysical-4 } ultra-micro dark energy )(.

#3 above has its on set of cosmic threeness.

Duality exists within the set of threeness.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 26-09-2017, 12:54 AM
Master
Thank you Necromancer for this post!

When “discussing” NonDuality or “Oneness”, I find it at times better for me to just stay with the subconscious symbolism mode or level or “daydream”, less mind chatter & less evaluating that way that can so get in the way of continuity, as the subconscious symbolic language seems to communicate more directly to my conscious mind the “signposts” of “what is happening” (or not happening) when my awareness has shifted into a new terrain.

When “experiencing Oneness” with someone, I do see it very much as two circles overlapping, forming a triangle of two halves, the boundary line in the middle of the triangle as the boundaryless boundary paradox.

Vesica Piscis
Quote:
The Vesica Piscis is formed by the intersection of two circles or spheres whose centers exactly touch. This symbolic intersection represents the “common ground”, “shared vision” or “mutual understanding” between equal individuals. The shape of the human eye itself is a Vesica Piscis. The spiritual significance of “seeing eye to eye” to the “mirror of the soul” was highly regarded by numerous Renaissance artists who used this form extensively in art and architecture. The ratio of the axes of the form is the square root of 3, which alludes to the deepest nature of the triune which cannot be adequately expressed by rational language alone.

A spiritual path leading to the awakening of Nonduality to me is/was like “dancing up a dream into reality”.
But then at some point, the whole thing turns like upside down and inside out and now the whole world/universe is dancing to the tuneless tune by staying perfectly still, effortless.
So “I am” the dance, as well as the tuneless tune, as well as the stillness (a zero point), and there is “radiance” shining through all that as the felt-sense of the voidless-void turns everything luminous in my “daydream”.

Subconscious symbolically showing this situation as radiance, “clear light” (?) coming out of the circle inside the triangle.

But then belief system starts to go against it, no this can’t be happening, omg what next …. I did want a walk in the enchanted forest, but this is getting a bit too much too hot to handle …

Any advises Nondualists?
Old 27-09-2017, 12:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Nice, Necro i like the way you have explained it here, yup. I'v used the Octopus as an example to explain this before aswell.

The Octopus?
Could you please expand on the Octopus a bit or provide a link?
Old 27-09-2017, 12:56 AM
Master
Thank you for that wonderful reply, sentient. <3

Yes, I was totally thrown by Nature's octopus comment too, and by r6's mathematics, so I forgot about this thread I made and filed it into the whole 'threads Necro made that didn't work' basket. lol

I'm very interested now in the 'viscera pisces' as I didn't know it actually had a name! I was just shown all of this in a semi-lucid dream/daydream state and right now, both circles are barely intersecting for me because I'm letting others with an annoying, distracting agenda win due to the fact I'm physically and mentally at a 'low point' in my life right now.

I shall look into this more fully and your post has inspired me to do so.
Old 27-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Deactivated Account
I don't think spirituality ever changes the reality of the situation its more about us coming to terms with what was true all along?
Old 28-09-2017, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Yes, I was totally thrown by Nature's octopus comment too
I wasn’t exactly thrown by the Octopus, I was more surprised and delighted.
One just never knows, because our mind “maps are not the territory”, therefore there may very well be some people familiar with Torres Strait mythology for example, who might express their understanding of Nonduality in: “I know what that is, it is the Octopus!” terms.

Indigenous peoples don’t have “isms” as such, instead they/we have Myths.
So whatever it is then according to these various mythologies, that awakes you or initiates you or gives you the realization of Nonduality, that shift can be entering into the “Thunderbird Force Field”, or it can mean entering the “Womb of the Rainbow Serpent”, or it can be the World of the “Spider Mother” even, but Octopus?, well that is a new one
Old 05-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm very interested now in the 'viscera pisces' as I didn't know it actually had a name!
That kind of thing happens/has happened to me too.
Since I cannot as yet post links, may I suggest that you have a look or google a picture of the “Hourglass Nebula” and see if that relates to your “dream”.

Freekre8
Quote:
I don't think spirituality ever changes the reality of the situation its more about us coming to terms with what was true all along?
Perhaps reality is but a dream?
Old 31-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
The Octopus?
Could you please expand on the Octopus a bit or provide a link?
Quote:
Yes, I was totally thrown by Nature's octopus comment too, and by r6's mathematics, so I forgot about this thread I made and filed it into the whole 'threads Necro made that didn't work' basket. lol

Sorry i didn't notice this thread had comments, just noticed it now. So what i meant by using the octopus is if you can see the circles on its arms, its suckers (suction cups, things it grips things with) and imagine each one of those as being a person/conscious being, they may see themselves as an individual sucker amongst a whole heap of other suckers, or maybe a sucker who is apart of a specific group of suckers, relating to those on the same octopus arm as them. The individual sucker can also realize themselves to be the octopus which is and includes all the suckers within it including the individual sucker self.

Thats what i meant by using the octopus as example in kinda a similar way to what Shivani Devi was saying with circles.