Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-04-2017, 08:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Christianity Has More of a Dark History Than "New Age" Faiths

This is a long post! We will get to discussing the basis surrounding the title of this thread later on, midway and towards the end of this message...

This is not an anti-Christianity thread, but a more honest and fact-based approach to the idea of so-called "satanic" influences in regards to the "new age" movement that some perceive, showing that throughout the centuries Christians have been FAR more influenced by fear and hate than so-called "new agers" in the modern era. I have no interest whatsoever in trying to steer anyone away from Christianity, and I myself resonate with Christianity's core, universal esoteric principles that can be found in many spiritual faiths, just as I do resonate with everything that one may call "new age." Egoic deception can be found in any religion, just as Light can be found in any religion.

First off, "New Age" is not an official organized religion like Christianity; at its core it is rather a number of beliefs and practices that actually far pre-date Christianity. It covers a very wide range of belief systems and practices, whereas Christianity tends to be heavily Jesus-centered.

It is ignorance to simply place a label of "new age" upon a very wide range of belief systems as if it were an actual official organized religion, which it isn't. There are "new age" forms of all the major religions; "new age" in itself is not a major religion, yet those who attack it do so knowing that it is a fact that the influence of "new age" beliefs and practices has been tremendous, rapidly gaining in popularity far faster than, for example, Christianity ever did (the early Christians obviously didn't have the Internet back then), and this thought really frightens those who would like their religion to not only be the most popular, but ultimately the only faith that is practiced (which ain't ever gonna happen).

Many forms of Christianity itself, also to be found in the Christian Bible, carry obvious references, beliefs and practices that are parallel to so-called "new age" ones, such as spirit mediumship (which is in the Bible), psychic abilities (also in the Bible, under different names), channeling (which spirit mediumship is a form of, with various types of channeling mentioned favorably in the Bible; Jesus himself being a very powerful channel of his "Higher Self").

The real truth of who most highly influenced the so-called "new age" movement is that these were largely those who had CHRISTIAN backgrounds! (Such as with the "New Thought" Movement, which was largely practiced by Christians.) It was the Judeo-Christian influence that most impacted the "new age" movement of the modern era. This is a fact that the anti- new age gang is highly ignorant of. Helena Blavatsky, Edgar Cayce and most of those who are credited as being "mothers" or "fathers" of the so-called "new age" movement were highly influenced by Christian ideology (and of course, not only Christian).

So much so, that concepts such as Christ Consciousness are extremely popular among many so-called "new agers." Christ Consciousness is a concept that many "new age" opponents reject as non-Biblical, yet it was/is actually backed by Jesus himself, as well as by Paul, who the Bible records as having taught that there is a "Christ mind," and that the Kingdom of God (Christ Consciousness) is within all people. Remember, since a basic Christian belief is that Jesus was "the" Son of God, and that the Son and Father are essentially the same, this means that the "Kingdom of God" that is within you (that Jesus spoke of) is also the Christ Kingdom, which is Christ Consciousness, which may also be called God Consciousness or Higher Self Consciousness.

The fact that there are non-Christians (and some who still identify as being Christian) who are writing books about Christ Consciousness, channeling and other so-called "new age" things (but which are by no means actually "new"), using some different terminology than the Bible. . .this really ticks off certain Bible-pushers, who are also jealous that there are non-Christians writing about Jesus who are making money from their books and teachings, some of which are extremely popular in certain circles.

There is nothing un-Biblical about channeling, and even if it were, the Bible itself is just a book; it has no holy authority or power of itself.

This is the irony: Christian fervor and fear of the occult has greatly helped give birth to the "new age" movement, which in large part came about as alternative views and practices to Judeo-Christian thought that had long been suppressed. The popularity of the so-called "new age" movement has grown more rapidly largely BECAUSE of those groups of Christians in particular who have attacked its right to exist (which is actually a series of movements, for "new age" is not just one particular movement with one central belief system).

The very dark history of Christianity includes bloodshed on a level that so-called "satanism," "new age," as well as "Islam" COMBINED cannot match. It is a well-known historical fact that more acts of violence (murder, rape, theft, revenge, genocide, etc.) have been committed by so-called "Christians" than by members of any other religious background, and yet those Christians who fear the "new age" movement are trying to warn others of its "dangers." This itself is laughable. Christians have created the largest "witch hunts" in history, killing scores of people over many centuries (yes, centuries, and also, there are many forms of "witch hunts," some even as mild as opposing "new agers").

You see, there are some ex- "new agers" who have converted to Christianity and then go attack their former beliefs and practices, actually because they are sore and disillusioned about the fact that they inwardly believe they have failed to use their "new age" practices with great success, and likewise there are some Christians who convert to "new age" beliefs and practices and then go and attack Christianity, because they feel that God, Jesus and/or the church failed to give them what they wanted. It is the same foolish game, even with radical Christians who were once atheists, and radical atheists who were once Christians, or from whatever religious background if there indeed was one. Thankfully, most people upon Planet Earth are not very radical or militant with their beliefs to any large degree that they feel they have to outright publically attack another group of people as being under the influence of "evil," such as calling "new age" a "satanic" influence.

Here is another fact: There are far more mentally and emotionally disturbed Christians who feel at odds with certain aspects of their religion than there are with "new agers" who likewise experience mental/emotional disturbance and conflict with their faith.

Far more Christians than those who practice occult and "new age" beliefs have promoted guilt and shame in regards to the human body and sex, resulting in much emotional and sexual repression. This disturbing campaign alone that has been influenced by many Christian authorities, ministers and parents has accounted for much of the "evil" upon the planet over the last 1000-plus years. (Catholicism IS a form of Christianity, and it is included in this fact.)

It is not Christianity (Buddhism, etc.) itself that is responsible for any "evil" actions, of course, but THE PEOPLE who have identified as Christian or Buddhist or whatever who have committed the acts, so this message is not really about Christianity and "new age" in themselves, but rather about types of attitudes, beliefs and practices that some people have.

Fear-mongering is so deeply entrenched in human society that most people are actually not even aware of when they promote it and add energy to it.

For example, to place a title of "new age" or whatever label upon millions of people who are into certain things and then claim that they are all influenced by a dark force is itself a ridiculous assertion. By the very "logic" of those Christians who claim that "new age" is being manipulated by "satan," this would mean that Christianity itself is influenced by satan, because any person who has done the proper research about the roots of Christianity and the Bible, and has accepted the obvious, has seen that both the Bible and Christianity were HEAVILY influenced by pagan, occult, metaphysical, Sumerian, Egyptian and Eastern thought/spirituality/mythology, just to name a few, and these are influences that many Christian opponents of the "new age" movement believe to be Satan-influenced!

The hypocrisy and ignorance in such people is off the charts. It is a fact that radical Christians tend to give far more credit and reality to "satan" than "new agers" do. "Satan" is lower ego, it is fear and ignorance of one's True Divine Nature. Instead of focusing on the divine Kingdom Within as their own book suggests, such people would rather try to convince you that certain people and certain practices are being used as tools of "the devil," which is not the very point of religion in the first place, which is to inspire joy. The true essence and basis of all religion, that is, is to inspire joy/love/peace/compassion.

I have witnessed, and continue to witness, an increasing global consciousness that has given rise to more love and joy than fear and sorrow, to more compassion and humanitarianism than acts of hate and violence. Most major news media will not show you this fact to any large degree, yet contemporary news media is quite a bit more honest and open to showing these kinds of positive developments than it did a hundred or even fifty years ago.

This increasing global consciousness of humanity is literally expanding every day, actually giving rise to a cosmic consciousness. The darkness of fear and ignorance is giving way to the Light of a new dawn, and I see this forum here as a beautiful example of this global family in which respect for the faiths of others is rapidly growing to become the new norm. Yes, there are still some stirrings of fear and hatred to be seen, but nothing that is enough to drastically slow down the progress we have made as a human race.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Knower
The sad fact is, there will be those tunnel visioned, close minded types who will immediately tell you, your being led astray by Satan or in league with Lucifer or some such nonsense because of their own fear based beliefs for starting such a thread. Which is a shame, great post awareness.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Master
Christianity is centred around the Devil/Satan in as much as it is around Jesus. Satan is given too much credit which takes energy away from the real work or belief. I like the way you contrasted this with the new age and chronology/history of Christian dance with the dark side. I enjoyed reading your post Awareness.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Master
Color

Dear awareness.

Thanks again for the uplifting good vibes in your words.

Its nice when truth warms my heart
in places where others do not.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by creedence
The sad fact is, there will be those tunnel visioned, close minded types who will immediately tell you, your being led astray by Satan or in league with Lucifer or some such nonsense because of their own fear based beliefs for starting such a thread. Which is a shame, great post awareness.

Thankfully, I do not attract such types of people. No one in this community, nor in the everyday world that I experience offline, actually says such things to me, that I am led astray by "satan," for I do not draw such experiences and opportunities to me. (And if someone does say this to me, I'd have a good laugh.)

Other than occasional posts at this website, I rarely ever speak about such things as I did in my opening post, for I generally do not feel inspired to discuss these things with people, being that I am happier when I am focused more on the most empowering aspects of human actions.

I therefore do not see this as a "shame" in my experience. It really doesn't relate to me, for the most part. I largely live as a hermit, and the few people that I most spend time with are those that largely resonate with my chosen life path and intentions.

Thank for you for your kindness and appreciation, creedence, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
Christianity is centred around the Devil/Satan in as much as it is around Jesus. Satan is given too much credit which takes energy away from the real work or belief. I like the way you contrasted this with the new age and chronology/history of Christian dance with the dark side. I enjoyed reading your post Awareness.

I very much agree with you, dear shoni7510. Thank you, my beautiful friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
Dear awareness.

Thanks again for the uplifting good vibes in your words.

Its nice when truth warms my heart

You are infinitely welcome, dear Pagandell, brother! I really appreciate your kind and loving heart, and how you always give me comments of great appreciation and spirit wisdom.

You are a true mystic poet of great love and insight.

Edit: Ah, I see it was 11:11 AM here in my time zone when I posted this.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Correction:

I realize that I left a word out of one key statement that I made in the first paragraph of my opening post, and that it should read as follows:

Quote:
I have no interest whatsoever in trying to steer anyone away from Christianity, and I myself resonate with Christianity's core, universal esoteric principles that can be found in many spiritual faiths, just as I do not resonate with everything that one may call "new age."
Old 13-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
I have no interest whatsoever in trying to steer anyone away from Christianity, and I myself resonate with Christianity's core, universal esoteric principles that can be found in many spiritual faiths, just as I do not resonate with everything that one may call "new age."
But every religion, every philosophy, has it's new age-style teachings, including Christianity. It's really just taking the core occult, esoteric truths, and turning them into banal fluff for the masses. "Jesus dying on the cross to save us from our sins" is one of many examples I could list.
Old 14-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
But every religion, every philosophy, has it's new age-style teachings, including Christianity. It's really just taking the core occult, esoteric truths, and turning them into banal fluff for the masses. "Jesus dying on the cross to save us from our sins" is one of many examples I could list.

I stated in my original posting for this thread that every major religion has "new age" forms. My particular usage of the term, which is very broad, is not limited to that which is generally seen as religious/spiritual.

Your second statement is an extreme over-generalization. Its formation is not simply a process of turning core esoteric/occult truths into "fluff." Your example of the belief, "Jesus dying on the cross..." is of course a very popular belief among many Christians worldwide, and this belief predates the worldwide spread of what would later be called "Christianity," as many early followers of what the apostle Paul and others taught as interpretations of Jesus' message actually assumed, as did Paul, that Jesus was "the savior" that was sent by God to save humanity.

"New age" material covers a wide range of styles and approaches, some very simplified, some indeed deliberately marketed in a fluffy manner, some "fluffy" stuff created more unconsciously, other material such as A Course in Miracles, that you and I are very familiar with, which is often labeled as "new age" in bookstores, as being quite in-depth yet simple in its core message of forgiveness, which is certainly not fluffy, and in fact is far more psychologically comprehensive than most of the ancient esoteric teachings.

The Seth Material through Jane Roberts and The Pathwork channeled through Eva Pierrakos, also not fluffy. I could quickly list right off the top of my head, if I wanted, over a dozen non-fluffy "new age" teachings that have taken occult teachings to a new level of clarity and getting-to-the-point.
Old 17-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Master
For whatever it may be 'worth', I just want let you (and everyone else here!) know that my thoughts and feelings and attitudes and intentions are 100% 'in synch' with what your words convey, Awareness - both here and in other threads. What else can I say, except that it is VERY heart-warming to meet such a kindred spirit!

A snippet and related quote-comments (which contain a degree of 'harshness' which may be too 'extreme' for you to resonate with) for whatever 'effect' may ensue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
It is not Christianity (Buddhism, etc.) itself that is responsible for any "evil" actions, of course, but THE PEOPLE who have identified as Christian or Buddhist or whatever who have committed the acts, so this message is not really about Christianity and "new age" in themselves, but rather about types of attitudes, beliefs and practices that some people have.

"There is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean." (Romans 14)

"Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of [XYZ]. Cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity." (Matthew 23)

Old 23-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
For whatever it may be 'worth', I just want let you (and everyone else here!) know that my thoughts and feelings and attitudes and intentions are 100% 'in synch' with what your words convey, Awareness - both here and in other threads. What else can I say, except that it is VERY heart-warming to meet such a kindred spirit!

A snippet and related quote-comments (which contain a degree of 'harshness' which may be too 'extreme' for you to resonate with) for whatever 'effect' may ensue:

"There is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean." (Romans 14)

"Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of [XYZ]. Cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity." (Matthew 23)

Thank you for your loving-kindness, my brother, davidsun. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed what I shared. Infinite Love, all.