Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 04-07-2019, 06:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne

This above got a rise out of me.

Are you saying the Europeans, the Africans, the Asians etc. never ever make a wish? LOL... I find that extremely hard to believe.

Having said that, I do agree with most of your last paragraph. It takes some work to achieve goals, but different strokes for different folks, imo.

It's not unique to the USA of course, but it is a central part of the American Myth, or ethos, whatever you want to call it. James Howard Kunstler wrote about this extensively. Whilst it is present in other cultures, the idea, that "you can wish upon a star, and your dreams come true" is uniquely central to the myth of the "American Dream".

It is of course complete rubbish as the 50 million Americans mired in poverty clearly demonstrates. I also find that ideas such as "The Secret" get far more traction stateside than elsewhere. That is not to say that Affirmations and setting clear goals and dreams are completely useless, of course they're not, but they do not replace the actual work needed to achieve them. There seems to be this dangerous idea afoot that "the Universe" will provide for you. It seems incredibly shallow and childish to me.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Knower

I feel the need to explain a bit about law of attraction because the idea that consciously using law of attraction to reach your goals is easy is incorrect and part of the problem with people believing this concept.

The idea behind law of attraction is that it is in effect at all times regardless of what you do and believe: the rendezvous that are occurring in ones life are based on the underlying vibration that is happening - a vibration that is not easily known, at times. This personal vibration, when clear and unwavering, sets up the pattern that attracts the quality of that vibration to it. The rendezvous with other things vibrating at the same frequency can be expedited by your attention to the evidence of it. This "evidence of it" includes attention to the existence of it or the lack of it. Either way, that strengthens the vibration in that direction.

Humans don't easily tap into the law of attraction, no matter what Esther Hicks or the The Secret say, because humans are very wishy-washy in their vibration and this creates a watered down vibration that gets no traction either way.

Therefore, the specific and conscious use of law of attraction to manifest anything is *hard work*, it is not wishful thinking because you are correct that wishful thinking is not the key to anything.

The concept of consciously using this phenomenon is that you can shift the way your life is going on any topic by *understanding your current vibration* and *practicing* a new vibration about it. The hardest part in this journey is actually accepting that your vibration is actually not what you think it is. This is where most people get it wrong. People usually think that doing affirmations or ignoring their fear is the way to get there, but you need a deep understanding and acceptance that you feel this way before you can change it. It's about consistently changing your base (underlying) vibration about a topic instead of just layering moments of high energy on top of it. If the base vibration doesn't move, then it just is a bounce back and forth between the different states.

There is a saying in human terms and in vibration terms, most people don't get what they want because they don't know what they want. So in human terms, it is far more easy to knuckle down and grit your teeth and work hard for what you want. This will activate law of attraction anyway. But to consciously use the law of attraction, you must be ok with your current place (being concerned by the lack vibrates more lack) and constantly and consistently elevate that base vibration about the topic.

Not many people can truly erase lack from their life while seeing it all around them.

Consciously using law of attraction is not wishful thinking, it's hard, hard work. But it is achievable, if you are determined. Which is why it is sometimes (most times) easier if you are determined, to just get out there and find a way and never give up when something doesn't work out.

p.s. Esther Hicks actually doesn't say it's easy. She has said consistently through the years that it is work, starting way back when she said, "You can't put a smiley-face sticker on an empty gas tank."
Old 04-07-2019, 12:32 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowers
I feel the need to explain a bit about law of attraction because the idea that consciously using law of attraction to reach your goals is easy is incorrect and part of the problem with people believing this concept.

The idea behind law of attraction is that it is in effect at all times regardless of what you do and believe: the rendezvous that are occurring in ones life are based on the underlying vibration that is happening - a vibration that is not easily known, at times. This personal vibration, when clear and unwavering, sets up the pattern that attracts the quality of that vibration to it. The rendezvous with other things vibrating at the same frequency can be expedited by your attention to the evidence of it. This "evidence of it" includes attention to the existence of it or the lack of it. Either way, that strengthens the vibration in that direction.

Humans don't easily tap into the law of attraction, no matter what Esther Hicks or the The Secret say, because humans are very wishy-washy in their vibration and this creates a watered down vibration that gets no traction either way.

Therefore, the specific and conscious use of law of attraction to manifest anything is *hard work*, it is not wishful thinking because you are correct that wishful thinking is not the key to anything.

The concept of consciously using this phenomenon is that you can shift the way your life is going on any topic by *understanding your current vibration* and *practicing* a new vibration about it. The hardest part in this journey is actually accepting that your vibration is actually not what you think it is. This is where most people get it wrong. People usually think that doing affirmations or ignoring their fear is the way to get there, but you need a deep understanding and acceptance that you feel this way before you can change it. It's about consistently changing your base (underlying) vibration about a topic instead of just layering moments of high energy on top of it. If the base vibration doesn't move, then it just is a bounce back and forth between the different states.

This sounds pretty close to how I would envision Karma working. We are naturally drawn in by the gravity of situations that relate to our unresolved issues. These issues "vibrate" within us and we end up falling into situations that resonate with them. If we wish to avoid these situations, we must resolve our Karmas by gaining an understanding of them and allowing that understanding to change us ...our "vibration", and then we won't be drawn toward them in the future.
BTW, all this talk of vibrations used to sound like a bunch of codswallop to me, but now I think it is interesting in the light of the concept of reality as the selection and manifestation of information contained in the standing wave(s) of the quantum field. Perhaps the realities we manifest from that field, are those that resonate with the frequencies our own consciousness is vibrating at. If we want to hear different music, it is we who must work to tune the dial on our radio receivers.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:39 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
This sounds pretty close to how I would envision Karma working. We are naturally drawn in by the gravity of situations that relate to our unresolved issues. These issues "vibrate" within us and we end up falling into situations that resonate with them. If we wish to avoid these situations, we must resolve our Karmas by gaining an understanding of them and allowing that understanding to change us ...our "vibration", and then we won't be drawn toward them in the future.
BTW, all this talk of vibrations used to sound like a bunch of codswallop to me, but now I think it is interesting in the light of the concept of reality as the selection and manifestation of information contained in the standing wave(s) of the quantum field. Perhaps the realities we manifest from that field, are those that resonate with the frequencies our own consciousness is vibrating at. If we want to hear different music, it is we who must work to tune the dial on our radio receivers.

I have been interested in both this concept (LoA) and quantum field theory for years now :) I've not put much thought to Karma although this makes a lot of sense.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:23 PM
Ascender

Quote:

There is a saying in human terms and in vibration terms, most people don't get what they want because they don't know what they want. So in human terms, it is far more easy to knuckle down and grit your teeth and work hard for what you want. This will activate law of attraction anyway. But to consciously use the law of attraction, you must be ok with your current place (being concerned by the lack vibrates more lack) and constantly and consistently elevate that base vibration about the topic.

Not many people can truly erase lack from their life while seeing it all around them.

Consciously using law of attraction is not wishful thinking, it's hard, hard work. But it is achievable, if you are determined. Which is why it is sometimes (most times) easier if you are determined, to just get out there and find a way and never give up when something doesn't work out.

p.s. Esther Hicks actually doesn't say it's easy. She has said consistently through the years that it is work, starting way back when she said, "You can't put a smiley-face sticker on an empty gas tank."

I think what needs to be discussed next is the how of it all then. How does a person recognize where their true underlying vibration really is? Especially if the person feels their vibration is higher than it may really be, due to the fact that it may have always been low and perhaps went up, but is still relatively low in general.
I think this is what tripped me up for a long time, and maybe I haven't stumbled on the right teachers, but I have never really seen too many discuss this. And once you know, how do you go about not looking at the lack, if that it was is happening in your existence? How do you concentrate on the abundance and believe it, if that is not what you are currently experiencing in any particular situation?

I think also, a big problem with these teachers and the way the loa is being presented, is that they make it sound so easy and like it is supposed to happen instantaneously. I'd imagine that makes a lot of people give up when they don't see instant results. For me, a lot of things in my life did improve, but it took a while. We aren't really in an instant manifestation reality here, that is the higher densities or dimensions.

What I also want to know is where does the stuff that is just pre-destined to happen fit in? Where does premonition and the just knowing feeling that something is going to happen fit in? Because I have had gut feelings a lot and it never really seems to be wrong, to spite how I might want any particular situation to go.
I would also disagree with those that said that the universe doesn't take care of us. When I had my awakening and my perspectives changed on a lot of things, I took serious inventory of my life and came to the realization that the universe has always taken care of me.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:38 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:

Just want to say this is the best explanation I've read in a while on how LoA works. While we do this naturally all the time we are not consciously aware of how we're doing it which to the mind will feel like hard work as its trying to work out the how's.

In actual fact all we need to do is let go of the reigns...our 'wish list' is already in place simply through unconscious choices of what we prefer...by relaxing, letting go of the egoic mind games and just allowing things to unfold naturally we begin to see how our reality is basically a reflection of our deeper choices.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Yes I had come to that conclusion too about Karma...the idea of what you give out comes back to you.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:09 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I think what needs to be discussed next is the how of it all then. How does a person recognize where their true underlying vibration really is? Especially if the person feels their vibration is higher than it may really be, due to the fact that it may have always been low and perhaps went up, but is still relatively low in general.
I think this is what tripped me up for a long time, and maybe I haven't stumbled on the right teachers, but I have never really seen too many discuss this. And once you know, how do you go about not looking at the lack, if that it was is happening in your existence? How do you concentrate on the abundance and believe it, if that is not what you are currently experiencing in any particular situation?
Basically, our natural state is a high vibrational energy (love energy), what we tend to do is bring it down through our focus on the more negative forms of thought. Thoughts are not who we are, thoughts are also attracted through our focussing ability. We are awareness but thought gets in the way....so by meditating which is lack of thought we bring ourselves back up to that natural higher level. Its why some feel bliss during and after meditation. Or, just being self aware, see where your thoughts are going and follow it through to the end...by observing your thought processes it brings it to an end. Abraham Hicks says beliefs are thoughts we keep repeating until we make it a truth and its those beliefs we need to be mindful of as they are our stumbling blocks.

Quote:
I think also, a big problem with these teachers and the way the loa is being presented, is that they make it sound so easy and like it is supposed to happen instantaneously. I'd imagine that makes a lot of people give up when they don't see instant results. For me, a lot of things in my life did improve, but it took a while. We aren't really in an instant manifestation reality here, that is the higher densities or dimensions.
It may be that we hear what we want to hear too....I can listen to the same teaching over and over again and get more out of it each time...its a good example of where our beliefs, our habitual inner dialogue gets in the way of a truth. Jesus had the same problem with his parables when he said 'let those who have ears to hear and have eyes to see' meaning LoA attraction works again, we have to want to hear the truth (as in we are now in the right frame of mind, willing to let go of old beliefs) and not let our beliefs get in the way.[/quote]

Quote:
What I also want to know is where does the stuff that is just pre-destined to happen fit in? Where does premonition and the just knowing feeling that something is going to happen fit in? Because I have had gut feelings a lot and it never really seems to be wrong, to spite how I might want any particular situation to go.
I would also disagree with those that said that the universe doesn't take care of us. When I had my awakening and my perspectives changed on a lot of things, I took serious inventory of my life and came to the realization that the universe has always taken care of me.
There is no thing as pre-destination...its LoA at work ...its when a lot of momentum in thought comes to conclusion in reality...you knew it was going to happen because a lot of attracting energy/focus of thought was behind it and you recognised and became consciously aware of it. Others may have been focusing on the same issue too so all that combined energy comes with more force behind it.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
By how you feel most of the time. If your vibration is high you feel good! And the other thing, what shows up in your world. If things don't work out, you meet or see grumpy, negative people, and so on, you are not on a high vibration.If you are, you either don't meet them or don't notice them.

Quote:
Many things can and DO happen fast and instantaneously. NOT the millions in the bank, no, because there are more limiting beliefs around that that need to be resolved first. But other, smaller things, yep. Instant proof it works. And that will help stay inspired to keep going and going, and then the bigger things will come as well.

BTW we can also as good as instantly manifest. Things have changed tremendously the last couple of years and will keep doing so as we are ascending and things go faster and faster.
We were also granted instant Karma a few years back. I can clearly tell that things manifest instantly at times, good or bad. Even things like physical ailments etc. Things that officially should take months. I can get them almost instantly whenever I have stress. Or when I happen to be very negative (for instance PO) about something or someone, like my neighbours, lol.
Nothing major, but I stub my toe, drop the coffee tin (great! Lots of cleaning up, hihi), dropping an egg (even worse to clean up), knock over a glass of milk (also wonderful to clean up!) and so on. So simple stuff, but seriously annoying. Instant Karma, instant manifestation.
It works with the good that way as well. You have a good mood, everyone is nice to you, you maybe find a tenner, you get a decent parking space without hassle even though it's insanely busy, your favorite greens or sweets are on sale and so on.
Maybe you don't see these things as you are expecting the millions in the bank or the lover?
If you don't appreciate the small things...
Just to let you know it does NOT take a while. I can do it within a few minutes. Do a focus wheel, sometimes I only need 3 sentences and I'm in alignment. Then I feel good, and get that parking space, people being nice, things working out etc etc.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:44 AM
Knower

Quote:

My experience with LoA is that regardless of how big or small or outlandish, if you are in 100% alignment with that which you desire - to the point that no other possibility can exist - it manifest almost immediately.

But having this quality of knowing is what takes the work. When you are in 100% *conscious* alignment, there is no looking for evidence, there's no questioning it, there isn't even any care about the validity or truth of it, it just is.

I'll give you some big examples and then tell you how I got there.

The way that I explain these events happening when I marvel about this is that the vibration affects our and others thoughts and brings together the rendezvous that are required to accomplish that which now demands to be in existence. Someone's reality is vibrating at the right condition that aligns with your reality.

I've had this instant manifestation happen several times and they are fairly amazing, when you look at them. For one, I made a decision in a film that I needed someone who spoke Gaelic. I was thrilled about this choice and at that point, my life was thrilling to me. I left an editing room in a regular Canadian city and said to my editor, "Ok, I'm going to find someone who speaks Gaelic." I walked 4 blocks, went into a Chapters and asked the first person I saw whether they knew anyone who spoke Gaelic. She said, "Actually, yes, I do."

Another, I was outside with a friend who smoked and was feeling insanely connected to the universe. I was trying to describe to her what it felt like and said, "For instance, if the world were your oyster, what would you do?" She said, "Well first of all, the world would have more purple, the world needs more purple." So then I started talking, and while talking really feeling energized and excited and I didn't talk about the world being purple, I talked about how to harness the energy that creates worlds through you. I described this feeling in intimate detail, all the while feeling it pour through me. Suddenly, from around the corner, came a woman wearing all purple. Pants, shirt and shoes... she had a large purple hat whose brim was wider than her body and the height was taller than she was. The hat was covered in purple flowers and purple stuffed animals.

Our jaws dropped and she walked right by and crossed the street. Once I came to my senses, I ran after her. We stopped her half a block away and I said, "Excuse me, first you look fantastic. But we were wondering, is this a statement or are you celebrating something?" She said, "Well, both. The world needs more purple."

And that's all she said and walked away.

So...

How does it work? How do you be in alignment? You can just make bliss your focus. That works. Then, like has been said above, you don't have to do any trying to move a particular topic. You just slowly and surely raise your general vibration - for the sake of being in bliss. I had been doing that for about two months before both of the incidents that I described above happened.

I also met someone who asked me to marry him within four dates.

That relationship, by the way, did not work out. Two weeks later his brother died and this completely changed both our vibrations.

I had been specifically conscious, daily, of loving myself. That's all. That's how I did it. I looked in the mirror every day, and every time I looked in my eyes and told myself, by saying my name and saying "I love you". And I repeated it several times until I felt something shift inside me, till some small piece of me believed it. I also was very aware of shifting any negative attitude or statement that I felt coming from me. Finding something soft and believable that I could change the thought/statement to. Like "I hate this" to "ugh, ok, this isn't exactly what I like but I do find this part about it interesting" or "that person is an ***" to "I understand that it is difficult for me to understand that person. it's ok that I don't understand, I just have to be ok with me. we both get to be who we are and I can just make sure that I'm ok with me."

Two months later, I was walking around in bliss. And all those things happened.

Generally - besides these amazing examples - I find that the easiest way to raise your vibration about any particular topic is to understand what you're thinking in relation by listening to your statements about it, whether they are in your mind or out loud. Then find a soft way to bring yourself relief about that thing you just stated. When you do that, you naturally and sustainably raise your vibration. And as you practice, you find yourself doing it just because it feels so good to have relief on any topic. The key is that whatever you say to yourself must be believable. As you continue to change those thoughts through the days and weeks, your new thought will be ever expanding and improve.

For example, if you thought no one liked you this is how it might go: No one likes me :( Ok, wait, I'm having this thought again. How can I change this to something I believe? Ok, I am feeling lonely and feel bad because I don't have someone to be with. I understand that now and that's ok. I can let myself feel this for a while and then, when I'm ready, maybe I join a club or learn something new where I will have other people around me.

You would have that dialog, or something like that, with yourself. Then, a week later when your new sponsoring thought is "I'm not happy" or "I'm bored" instead of "no one likes me" then you can modify the current thought: I'm feeling my discontent now and that's ok. It's normal to want companionship or excitement in my life. I'm really looking forward to my next adventure."

The strategy: be ok with where you are, feel the relief of breaking the thought cycle that keeps you there.

Eventually, you do it because it feels good and manifestation takes a second seat :)

Ok, I've blurbed enough, but I did want to respond as best I could.

<3