Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-06-2019, 01:11 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
The core of any real spirituality is love and kindness, care for society, which is my stuff too. All else is secondary, sub-evolution; yes people are where they are and will do as we please. This is us. And that is fine. That is not the point. There is no such as thing “absolute right” That’s fair and no judgement, but on a spiritual forum, at least admit the hypocrisy.
JL

Yes, it is quite a burden to see soooooo much suffering in the world, one hardly knows where to begin to attempt to alleviate it. Why even should there be a world where built right into its design, only the fittest survive, and the strong eat the weak. And yet, it is the strands in the food web that keep the entire system supported, break enough of them and the whole thing collapses. Our desire for justice pulls us in one direction, while the food chain tugs us in the other. Who would devise such a maniacal system?
Jesus, among so many other spiritual masters, preaches the value of love, kindness, and compassion. Yet at times even he appears to be something of a hypocrite
Quote:
Jesus Anointed at Bethany (Mark 14:3-9; Luke 7:36-50; John 12:1-8)
6While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the leper,a 7a woman came to Him with an alabaster jar of expensive perfume, which she poured on His head as He reclined at the table. 8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant and asked, “Why this waste? 9This perfume could have been sold at a high price, and the money given to the poor.” 10Aware of this, Jesus asked, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful deed to Me. 11The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have Me. 12By pouring this perfume on Me, she has prepared My body for burial. 13Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached in all the world, what she has done will also be told in memory of her.”
Even if we could be, what does it even mean to be “perfect”. Even God at times does not seem to raise a hand in the cause of justice. Perhaps God is something of a hypocrite as well?
Quote:
Matthew 5:44-48 New International Version (NIV)
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
It can be a rather confusing thing to live in such a world. Who is in more need of our compassion and kindness, the Nazi or their victum? What to do? How to live? What does God want from us?
I suppose we all do what we think we can and should. But knowing what that is, that is not so easy to devine. Whatever we decide to do, hopefully we do it for the right reasons.
Quote:
“When you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for
they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and in the
corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Most
certainly, I tell you, they have received their reward.”
Matthew 6:5
It is all truly troubling and confusing. I wish I had the answers, but all the ones I have found, no matter how good they sound, continue to leave me unsatisfied at the end. We all continue to hunger for more justice in the world, just as we continue to try to satisfy that other more worldly hunger as well.

Quote:
“I can think. I can wait. I can fast.”
― Herman Hesse, Siddhartha
Old 23-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Master
Mark 12:41-44 New International Version (NIV)

The Widow’s Offering

41: Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts.
42: But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.
43: Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others.
44: They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Just giving my two cents. =)

I also know more about the Bible and about Christianity than I let on.
Old 23-06-2019, 03:13 PM
Ascender

Referring back briefly to the "dilemmas" mentioned in #10, such dilemmas play a part I think in the varying situations which those choosing the way are very probably going to find themselves in.

Situations and circumstances foretold/foreseen and for which the "beatitudes" are intended as words of understanding, solidarity and hope for those so positioned.

The beatitudes seem to be understood I think as more of a code of conduct promising reward. I think there is far more of a human and earthly heartfelt intent in their message.

petex
Old 23-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Guide

I consider myself spiritual. However, I have no power to fix anything beyond my little corner of the world.

I see stories of maltreated animals and detained children and they break my heart... but what, really, can I do? I am not rich (hardly), I wield no power. I have no high-powered connections. I am just me.

Why do we equate "spiritual" with "altruistic and self-sacrificing?" Spiritual people tend to be nice folks. Some give/share/do more than others. Doesn't make them more spiritual.

Each of us needs to accept our abilities... and our reality. My reality is very limited funds as I near retirement. Keeping a roof over my head needs to be a primary concern. Eating would be nice, too.

I share what I can, give what I can. I've taken in abandoned animals, and a few teenage children whose parents didn't provide for them. I've fixed cars for kids who weren't mine and paid tuition for someone else's son.

I'm hardly the most charitable person you'll find. I'm scared of being destitute in my old age, so it frightens me every time I feel compelled to cough up money for this cause or that go-fund-me.

I'm just me. I'll continue to do what I can to spread love, hope and caring in my little corner of the world.
Old 23-06-2019, 06:41 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
We like to talk here. Reading the news, there are toddlers severely ill, captured, in incarceration, without care. In Government led facilities.

And what does anyone do? Nothing. The lawyers care, human rights groups.

No one else, apparently astral realms can be far more important to spiritual types. Which is why I say supernatural does not equal to spiritual in my books.

JL

PS I’m no better, by the way.

If spirituality does not give you the courage, fearlessness and Love to act,
it maybe all fluff, but then again I've been involved in fluff and learnt many things that helped me to this day.

There was this term going around awhile back I heard.

"Fake it till you make it."

Which I took to mean you start acting a certain positive way until it became ingrained in you.
So my belief is until the Heart is truly open it is hard to be without fear.
I am not saying my Heart is truly open, just that it is more open than it use to be and
there is more Heart work to be done.
The more open the Heart the more a person can step out and help other beings.
Starting in ones circle or community.
Of course I mean in communion with ones God/Source (AKA The Great Spirit)
Old 23-06-2019, 08:06 PM
We may not live close enough to be there and protest or take direct action, but we can always donate to organizations that can! I don't agree with the mindset of, "donations just pay for the non-profit's new car!" because even if that's the case, you are still offering what you have to something outside of yourself. Regardless of what they end up using it for, you can only hope for the best. Its better to risk it than not do anything at all.

The Immigration Defense Project is an organization that spreads valuable information and offers legal services to immigrants threatened by our cruel administration.
Old 23-06-2019, 08:27 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernworm
We may not live close enough to be there and protest or take direct action, but we can always donate to organizations that can! I don't agree with the mindset of, "donations just pay for the non-profit's new car!" because even if that's the case, you are still offering what you have to something outside of yourself.

Within reason, this is true. Donating to truly honorable organizations is a valid option. You can check online for ratings of charitable organizations, and see how much of the donations they receive are actually used for their stated purpose. Because it is sometimes sadly true that the President and officers of a charity may be raking in very large salaries and only 10% or so of donations go to the poor, sick, needy, training, whatever the cause is. Give wisely.

However, even at that, one simply cannot give to every charity, every cause. Maybe pick one or two causes that really speak to you (animal rescue and immigrant rights, perhaps, or homeless vets and counseling for mental illness) and focus on those.
Old 23-06-2019, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
We like to talk here. Reading the news, there are toddlers severely ill, captured, in incarceration, without care. In Government led facilities.

And what does anyone do? Nothing. The lawyers care, human rights groups.

No one else, apparently astral realms can be far more important to spiritual types. Which is why I say supernatural does not equal to spiritual in my books.

JL

PS I’m no better, by the way.

I worked in the healthcare field for more than 40-years and am now retired. I have seen death and suffering on a large scale
in many places around this world, did what I could do to relieve suffering, and I have no idea how many people’s lives I may
have touched.

It is the systems that governments erected that creates suffering; economic systems, judicial systems, healthcare systems,
social support systems, etc., or the lack thereof. Most people on Earth are incarcerated by their culture and the systems that
operate within that culture.

Human beings have some idea of what they think love is; if you love someone you’ll do this or that, but in my opinion that is
love based on conditions. Is anyone ready to offer love and compassion to the wealthy? Someone with lots of money and has
all of their needs met.

Spirituality involves unconditional love, a love that exudes from a person who is bathing in their own deeper divine being. I have
met very astute spiritual people who can wipe away the pain and suffering of others just by their presence alone, without saying
a word or doing anything. Love exudes from such people indiscriminately.

The transformation that needs to take place in this world happens on another level and it is done individuality. Some will come
more into that transformation after great suffering, some after having spent time in prison, some at a young age or and older age,
this, in my opinion, is the spiritual process. I have often heard that you have to go through hell to get to heaven.

I have worked in the mental health field, the medical field, the drug and alcohol field, the field of social work, and have been a
college teacher, but the greatest work I do is the work I have done on myself. We give to others the work, or lack of work, that
we have done on ourselves. Spirituality to me is to commune with my deeper divine self without any expectations.

Yes, spirituality does involve compassion. It is a compassion that comes from communing with the presence of spirit. We are all
in various stages of development, but no one is better or worst than anyone else. I suffered greatly before realizing my own
deeper being, and I attribute my suffering to the path my human journey took to get me to where I am at today.
Old 24-06-2019, 12:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I worked in the healthcare field for more than 40-years and am now retired. I have seen death and suffering on a large scale
in many places around this world, did what I could do to relieve suffering, and I have no idea how many people’s lives I may
have touched.

It is the systems that governments erected that creates suffering; economic systems, judicial systems, healthcare systems,
social support systems, etc., or the lack thereof. Most people on Earth are incarcerated by their culture and the systems that
operate within that culture.

Human beings have some idea of what they think love is; if you love someone you’ll do this or that, but in my opinion that is
love based on conditions. Is anyone ready to offer love and compassion to the wealthy? Someone with lots of money and has
all of their needs met.

Spirituality involves unconditional love, a love that exudes from a person who is bathing in their own deeper divine being. I have
met very astute spiritual people who can wipe away the pain and suffering of others just by their presence alone, without saying
a word or doing anything. Love exudes from such people indiscriminately.

The transformation that needs to take place in this world happens on another level and it is done individuality. Some will come
more into that transformation after great suffering, some after having spent time in prison, some at a young age or and older age,
this, in my opinion, is the spiritual process. I have often heard that you have to go through hell to get to heaven.

I have worked in the mental health field, the medical field, the drug and alcohol field, the field of social work, and have been a
college teacher, but the greatest work I do is the work I have done on myself. We give to others the work, or lack of work, that
we have done on ourselves. Spirituality to me is to commune with my deeper divine self without any expectations.

Yes, spirituality does involve compassion. It is a compassion that comes from communing with the presence of spirit. We are all
in various stages of development, but no one is better or worst than anyone else. I suffered greatly before realizing my own
deeper being, and I attribute my suffering to the path my human journey took to get me to where I am at today.
That was very beautiful.

Also, noticing the suffering of others, gives us the timely opportunity to be thankful and to show deep gratitude for those things we would otherwise take for granted in our own lives.

Some of us are also over the descriptive labels, not really caring if we are "spiritual" or not to the casual observer, because the definition and perception of the whole "spiritual concept" is subjectively unique - like everything else in life is and many of us, self included, don't know how to apply our experiences in any 'deep and meaningful' way.

It seems to be the case of "well, I have this whole spiritual thing going on, but don't know what to DO with it" which causes some people to become frustrated and start using their external reality as an excuse for why they remain stagnant in their own internal awareness....kind of reminding me about that book "I could do anything, if I only knew what it was".

It also seems that Janielee would do well as a volunteer, either in her own community or abroad...making a difference, one life at a time because that is really all that anyone can do, then perhaps the message will get through, inspired by those who are prepared to lead or show through example. I am still at the "what now?" stage myself...but I have been like that for the past 10 years, really and living a life in limbo is no fun.
Old 24-06-2019, 02:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
That was very beautiful.

Also, noticing the suffering of others, gives us the timely opportunity to be thankful and to show deep gratitude for those things we would otherwise take for granted in our own lives.

Some of us are also over the descriptive labels, not really caring if we are "spiritual" or not to the casual observer, because the definition and perception of the whole "spiritual concept" is subjectively unique - like everything else in life is and many of us, self included, don't know how to apply our experiences in any 'deep and meaningful' way.

It seems to be the case of "well, I have this whole spiritual thing going on, but don't know what to DO with it" which causes some people to become frustrated and start using their external reality as an excuse for why they remain stagnant in their own internal awareness....kind of reminding me about that book "I could do anything, if I only knew what it was".

It also seems that Janielee would do well as a volunteer, either in her own community or abroad...making a difference, one life at a time because that is really all that anyone can do, then perhaps the message will get through, inspired by those who are prepared to lead or show through example. I am still at the "what now?" stage myself...but I have been like that for the past 10 years, really and living a life in limbo is no fun.

Thank you for the love that you share.

I have left the "what now" stage, as it implies the expectation of "what's next," and I strive to stay in the eternal now.
I feel the closer we come to our pure divine source the more we come to realize that I am not the do'er.

People use to ask me what was my religion and I used to reply that my religion was "un-do-ism," which is a practice to
undo everything that others have done to me and that I have done to myself. A realization of continually letting go.

Namaste