Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 07-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Abisam

New Member. Too scared to vibe

Hi all - i'm new here. I have just learned about AP a few days ago and it explains so much of what has been happening to me at night for the last 25 years. Off and on all these years I've been waking up paralyzed & feeling something like a not-painful but extremely distressing electricity buzzing my whole body from the inside. While I'm trapped I often imagine horrific explanations for why I'm paralyzed. I've always been so scared that I immediately try to scream & thrash about to break the paralysis, but sometimes it takes a long time and a TON of energy. I usually wake up screaming & thrashing, terrified & exhausted.

Now after reading about AP I wonder if I'm in the vibrational state when this happens. I've had a couple of beautiful experiences that I'd always classified as dreams before (albiet the best most real lucid dreams ever) because I never knew there was something else to call it. It feels like I'm awake and somewhere completely different. But I never know how I got there and I always end up crashing abrubtly back into my bed.

I need your help. How do I not scream & fight if it happens again? The process has happened literaly 100's of times. It's so automatic... I wonder if i can really break this pattern. I hope I can, it would be so amazing to learn that what's plagued me most of my life is really something wonderful... something to be explored & not feared.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator
Yep -these vibrations sound like classic pre-astral projection noises!
Try not to be too scared "to vibe". Ride this out and see what happens. Sleep paralysis can be a bit scary. It happened to me once. I think part of the reason is it feels so against your conscious will. Another reason is it is very primal, to have the fight/flight instinctive mechanism apparently not-working, and this can create a state of panic, and claustrophobia.
I have heard it said (I think by Robert Bruce) that during sleep paralysis, just keep calm, and concentrate only on moving your big toe. Once the toe moves even slightly, it breaks the paralysis instantly.
Of course it's always a bit scary -going out of body if you're not used to it. But what you might find helpful is remembering any hints or tips you learned on a forum, or while reading about AP, while you are in the vibrational stage, or if you get sleep paralysis again
Old 08-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Abisam

Thanks for the advice, Tobi. Once when I was paralyzed and I decided to just try to relax see what would happen, but the vibrations got really intense and I didn't know what it was. Now that I know what that feeling is I'm hoping I can ride it out without the fear. Who knows, maybe I could even go astral.

But even if I can't acheive an OBE, thanks for the tip about moving just a big toe. That sounds much more peaceful than the scream&thrash method that I've been using. ;)
Old 08-03-2013, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator
Definitely better than the scream-and-thrash method. Try to stay calm. Whatever happens -even if you don't get to move that toe, you know it's going away very soon.
The vibrations most likely will rise in pitch and intensity, and when they've been going a while, try to get out of body! This is the actual moment you can.
As time goes by and you get more used to going out of body, the vibrations' intensity definitely drops off. And you may well get to a stage when you hardly hear anything much anymore. I get a vague "twanging" or tuning-signal sound in my ears -and that's the most noise. Sometimes it's not even that.

Try not to be afraid. It is not really wise to try to astral project if you are very fearful. A little apprehension, like " this is weird, but exciting" -kind of feeling, is OK. But filled with panic and fear, isn't a good state to go out with.
Just feel the vibes, then try to get out, then enjoy it. LOVE the feeling.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:12 AM
Abisam

Tobi - do you hear the vibrations in your ears or feel them in your body or both? Earlier you said you'd only experience sleep paralysis once... do you approach AP through some other corridor then, like meditation?

Either way, I don't think I'll be nearly as frightened anymore. I just didn't know anything about AP before so I had no clue what was happening. Without any reasonable explanation for what was happening to me, I had previously always imagined horrific causes... demons, aliens, dying, etc... so I fought against it quite hard. I remember once last week it felt like I was being dragged up by my feet. My fingernails and teeth were still clinging to the bed. I was actually biting my pillow trying to hold on to this world, LOL. Seems funny to me now that I know what was happening.

Thanks for the encouragement! I never thought I'd be anxious for my next paralysis, but I am now. :) Blessings to you.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator
Sleep paralysis isn't necessary for astral projection, but it can occasionally happen. I only once had it, and that was the very first time I went out of my body.
Now that same time I had the most dramatic vibrations all up and down my body. And the weirdest loud noises....high pitched whistling, whining, buzzing like an electrical short-circuit, rushing wind, like being in a force 8 gale....I lay there unable to move. I wasn't panicked exactly, but t was the strangest thing I'd ever felt/heard. I was too involved mentally trying to figure out what the heck was happening. I came to the conclusion there might be an earth tremor....or the electrics in my house were malfunctioning....or (and this was the worst thought but oddly enough I accepted it with equanimity) -that I was dying from a stroke/heart attack or something. Well next minute, the rippling vibrations got stronger, and then I separated from my body and floated up to the ceiling and through it. I saw all kinds of wood bits and pieces, and rubble, concrete etc, and heard a woman's voice laughing at me! Her voice sounded highly amused but pleasant.
Then I crashed quite unceremoniously back to my body and felt as if I'd been thrown back in bed from a height of about 3 ft.
I was scared witless for a little while, got up, had a coffee. I didn't believe in astral projection or anything like that. A friend told me what it was the next day.

Now, as time's gone by I rarely feel anything like vibrations any more. Occasionally a slight buzzing sound, and those slight noises in my ears and that's it. Usually my legs or arms or both start floating free, like weightlessness or like being underwater.