Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Natenate9

Wanting to learn AP.

So I have recently been meditating lots lately, and I was wanting to get into Astral Projection. I am just curious on different sorts of methods and also the kinds of things I might experience. I have tried before but typically fall asleep everytime. Any tips and help is greatly appreciated :)
Old 13-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Master

As someone said, you have to have intent to stay awake. If you find you keep falling asleep, it is good idea to be away from your bed as we are conditioned to fall asleep in bed. It is a good idea to get some sleep then try to ap. When you have some sleep then get up and move around to wake up and then try again. Try not to be disappointed if you still fall asleep. You may find you fall asleep and then you succeed the next day. That happens to me.
Old 14-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Natenate9

Sounds good, Ill try that tonight
Old 14-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator
I find that works for me too. But like astralsuzy, sometimes I just fall asleep too.

All these things will help achieve an out of body experience:
Broken sleep
Focussing on Astral projection/reading about it/visualizing it, every day.
Practicing total relaxation every day.
Meditation.
Really having the desire to do it.
Old 14-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Master

What Tobi said is spot on. It helps a lot if you practice those things. If you practice meditating and relaxing every day, it helps. You keep improving and getting better all the time. You may have some bad days that you do not meditate very well but you will keep improving. You may not ap for a long time but you are closer getting there. That is how it was for me. I never gave up. I kept at it until I could ap in the evenings. Unfortunately I stopped doing it. I think I stopped because I was having problems with my legs. I get cramps. I take magnesium tablets every day to stop that problem. I try to meditate every day now. I do not worry about it if I do not succeed. I used to worry about it but it does not get you anywhere. Try to meditate without worrying about it. It is good to have the attitude if you ap, you ap. If you do not ap, you do not ap. There is always tomorrow. It makes a big difference if you enjoy meditating otherwise it could become a chore. I enjoy meditating. It is relaxing and I am at peace.
Old 15-02-2013, 03:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
What Tobi said is spot on. It helps a lot if you practice those things. If you practice meditating and relaxing every day, it helps. You keep improving and getting better all the time. You may have some bad days that you do not meditate very well but you will keep improving. You may not ap for a long time but you are closer getting there. That is how it was for me. I never gave up. I kept at it until I could ap in the evenings. Unfortunately I stopped doing it. I think I stopped because I was having problems with my legs. I get cramps. I take magnesium tablets every day to stop that problem. I try to meditate every day now. I do not worry about it if I do not succeed. I used to worry about it but it does not get you anywhere. Try to meditate without worrying about it. It is good to have the attitude if you ap, you ap. If you do not ap, you do not ap. There is always tomorrow. It makes a big difference if you enjoy meditating otherwise it could become a chore. I enjoy meditating. It is relaxing and I am at peace.

Suzy is right if you meditate only for the purpose of astral projection it's likely your projections will be few and far between. But if you meditate just because you are exploring meditation and enjoying it, astral projections are much more likely to happen. All of my projections achieved through meditation came when I least expected them, when I had given up on attempting to project and just meditated for the purpose of meditation.
Old 15-02-2013, 06:18 AM
balancedwizard28

Does anyone know any courses that may teach this in a formal environment?
Old 15-02-2013, 06:37 AM
Master

There are courses but you would be better off to learn for yourself. I went on two courses years ago. I know a lot now from my own experiences and practicing. I found the experts they could not even ap themselves. I do not regret going on the courses. You meet other people and it is fun. I am not against courses but I do not think you will gain from it much. Someone else went on a course that used to be on this forum years ago. He followed the book, how to ap in 90 days. The book did not help him and then he went on a course. He finished the course and he could not ap and he thought it was not meant for him. That was such a shame because he really wanted to do it. I am sorry that this information is negative. Perhaps someone else can give you some good information.
Old 15-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Suzy is right if you meditate only for the purpose of astral projection it's likely your projections will be few and far between. But if you meditate just because you are exploring meditation and enjoying it, astral projections are much more likely to happen. All of my projections achieved through meditation came when I least expected them, when I had given up on attempting to project and just meditated for the purpose of meditation.

I agree with you a hundred percent. I am relatively new in AP am in the process of learning how to meditate by my main aim is to be able to AP. My other two friends who I started with are now able to AP while I can't simmply because I focus too much on Projecting.

Thanks for sharing
Old 17-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Natenate9

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will definitely focus more on relaxation and meditating more.