Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Ascender

I had my past life regression today with a therapist from the Newton Institute

The therapist said that she's been doing this a long time and that she's even worked with Brian Weiss & knows him and he's a really nice man, but he's really been ostracized for doing what he's doing.

Anyway, before we got into the regression, she told me that its common that people say it seems like they are making it up. She also told me that its different for people. Some get mostly thoughts or images and some don't really see any pictures but just have a knowing of what is happening. Whereas for me, I was just expecting to see movies in my mind the whole time. In reality, I mostly ended up with thoughts and picture images, which to me made it seem more like I was making it up. I didn't get a detailed movie that I had been hoping for.

Ok so here is what I got. To enter the past life she had me choose one of 3 doors to walk through. I chose the middle one and it led to darkness. A soldier had captured me and taken me hostage to be a slave. The family I had was a mother and sister and I never saw them again. I was kept behind bars. A big hairy man bought me and took me to live with him. We fell in love and were very happy together. This part was sooo emotional for me, like literally I just had tears of joy for most of the rest of the session. I was literally crying, which is really weird because its rare for me to have tears of joy in real life and that rare times that I have, I never shed more than a couple tears. But during this regression, my tears of joy were so intense and so long lasting, like I was shedding tears through the rest of the session, lol (And this was a 2 hour session). Anyway, so we had a child together, a boy and he died as a small child. There was some tenseness in our relationship due to the death but we worked it out. We didn't have any more children. He died before I did about middle age. I lived a bit longer and then my death ended being due to a fall and a head injury.

I didn't recognize the son, my mother or sister in that lifetime as anyone I know in my current lifetime. But the soldier, I got the impression that it is my current dad and the big hairy man as my boyfriend in this lifetime.

The lessons from that lifetime are to continue to press on even when you lose a loved one or when your circumstances are bad (like bad as in being locked up as a slave) because you can have very great & happy things to look forward too later on. Also it parallels my current life right now in the way that my boyfriend was my "savior" in that lifetime and in our current lifetime, I've been his "savior" in a lot of ways.

Anyways, I hope it was real and not made up, lol. The only parts that I told my boyfriend about today are just that he was in it and that we were lovers and I told him I was highly emotional crying during it. That's all he knows. The reason I don't want to tell him the details is because in the future, I'm hoping he's going to go do some regressions (past life and LBL) which he says he'll do, and hopefully he'll come up with this same scenario as I did, so this would give it validation.

I have my LBL session scheduled for the 2nd week of November and that will be 4 hours long. I'm hoping to get more detailed moving pictures this time around.
Old 20-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Henri77

Thanx for sharing this very personal experience.

couple questions...

Have you any idea why you chose that particular lifetime to view?
Was this explained?
Was it completely "arbitrary" on an intellectual level, when-where you went?

In other words ,by choosing a particular blank door, you intuitively chose that lifetime?

Or did she ask you if you had any preference..?
Old 20-10-2012, 08:19 AM
primrose

My question is something like Henri77s, If you chose a door on either side instead of the middle one, you probably would have different pictures. Did this feel right to you? It's interesting that the son,mother & sister are'nt familiar to you. Do you actually know any dates or even what year this was?
Old 20-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Deactivated Account

Very interesting experience alamode, thank you for sharing.

One question please, what is a LBL session ? Is it Life between Lives ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 20-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Iseke

Don't get too caught up in doubting the way it comes to you--past life memories come to us in so many ways. A lot of the time they come to me as picture images too, and yet there is something so real about them. Trust yourself, you aren't making it up. :)

Usually when we see past lives we first see the ones most directly relevant to our current lives and the people we know now, so likely the other two doors you didn't take would have led you to other past lives that have the most impact on your current life. Maybe you'll explore those ones at a later date?

Anyway, thanks for sharing!
Old 20-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseke
Don't get too caught up in doubting the way it comes to you--past life memories come to us in so many ways. A lot of the time they come to me as picture images too, and yet there is something so real about them. Trust yourself, you aren't making it up. :)

Usually when we see past lives we first see the ones most directly relevant to our current lives and the people we know now, so likely the other two doors you didn't take would have led you to other past lives that have the most impact on your current life. Maybe you'll explore those ones at a later date?

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

I did a quick one from **** Sutphens tapes... he's taught-perforned regressions over 20 yrs ...and also commented his own regressions "felt like he was making it up"

as did the therapist in the film Flipside ...documenting the Newton regressions,
said most clients felt as if it was their imagination ...even though many experienced events were historically verifiable.

Possibly cause much can seem inconsistent with our present, limited belief system-self image.
Old 21-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77

Have you any idea why you chose that particular lifetime to view?
Was this explained?

Before the regression, the therapist had asked me if there is anything in particular that I wanted to find out from my past lives. The first thing I mentioned was my current boyfriend and then I mentioned a couple health issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Was it completely "arbitrary" on an intellectual level, when-where you went?

In other words ,by choosing a particular blank door, you intuitively chose that lifetime?

Or did she ask you if you had any preference..?

The instructions she gave for choosing one of the three doors was that I would know which door to choose that would best help me seek the answers that I'm seeking. So yes, intuitively I would know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
If you chose a door on either side instead of the middle one, you probably would have different pictures. Did this feel right to you? It's interesting that the son,mother & sister arent familiar to you. Do you actually know any dates or even what year this was?

Actually in my mind, one door just lit up and stood out for me, so it was pretty obvious that I had to choose it and that it would be the right door.

I have a really small family right now in my current life time. Its just my parents and I have one child. No siblings. That is the only immediate family that I have and most any other relatives I have, I've only met maybe once or twice in my life or never met them before.

I sensed that the lifetime took place around 1,000+ years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel

One question please, what is a LBL session ? Is it Life between Lives ?

You got it :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseke

My thoughts are that if I'm not making it up, well I'm thinking that I might do well just listening to the CDs where you do the regression on your own. Or even some of the books that I have, it has the exact word-for-word relaxation meditation inductions to help you get into the past life regression and I'm thinking that I can just have that pre-recorded myself and just listen to it.

Also, if I'm really not making it up, it makes me feel as if I have "psychic" abilities now, lol. I really never have any paranormal or psychic things happen to me. Like for example, I took Reiki I & II classes just a few weeks ago and everyone there was "seeing" things like either during the attunements or meditations whereas I wasn't really seeing anything at all.

If any of you read Brian Weiss' book (I think its the first one where he's talking about Catherine's regressions & experiences), and the more often she goes to see him, the more & more psychic she becomes in real life he says, remember that? But she goes to the super deep trance levels getting messages from the masters.

You have to go to an even deeper trance to get into the LBL level. Past life regression surprisingly you don't have to go that deep, at least that's what it seemed for me. The relaxation induction really wasn't long at all for me. I was expecting my therapist to do a lot longer relaxation induction. I actually had her do two relaxation inductions for me. The first relaxation was just a simple staircase relaxation induction & I really wasn't picking anything up. So then she did a garden scene, with a staircase down through a tree, and then the 3 doors.

Its actually really "simple" then. I would think that just anyone could do a past life regression on their own just by meditating. But the thing is, every time I would try on my own from before, I would get scared and nervous about it, lol, so that isn't helpful. But with the therapist present, then I didn't have to be scared or nervous since I knew she would help me out if anything scary happened lol. I think I would feel more comfortable to do it on my own now though.
Old 21-10-2012, 06:21 AM
primrose

alamode, You've explained things very well. I've had no experience with this, but do have an infinity with a certain place, and certain people, I feel must have been part of a past life. Let us know if your boyfriend has a regression and his results.
Old 21-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
Let us know if your boyfriend has a regression and his results.

After consideration, I'm probably just going to do it myself with him and I'll act like his hypnotherapist, since I have the relaxation meditation induction texts already and I think I can do it. He's currently away right now and won't be back until about one month from now, so it'll have to wait.

I think the advantage with having me do it is I can take however long as needed & I think he'll need extra time because he tends to be a stressed out person who is probably going to need extra time to get into relaxation mode. When paying for someone, you have the time limit & its very expensive and there is an extra stress for that & obviously you can't be stressed out when doing this lol.
Old 21-10-2012, 11:31 PM
SerpentQueen

Even if it was imagination, imagination is a glorious thing. It is the most human of all traits. It is what sets humans apart from all other animals.

We need more imagination in this world, not less.

But do, by all means, try the self-hypnosis techniques instead; your wallet will thank you.