Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-09-2012, 11:37 PM
heartofgold

Lightbulb Reincarnated as family members

Today I was thinking and I couldn't find the answer to this but.. is it possible for one to be reincarnated from a deceased family member? I have always been told that I very much resemble my great grandmother whom I've never met and have always felt like I belong in the 70's if that makes sense. She died in the early 80's before I was born.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

From what I understand that it very possible. You should look up some of
Dr. Ian Stevenson's work on reincarnation.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:29 AM
heartofgold

Ok cool, thanks I will hopefully check it out!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:24 AM
Ascender

Yes, it does happen occasionally. But the norm is to not reincarnate into the same family. The reason we wouldn't normally choose to reincarnate into the same family is because normally it wouldn't fit in with the lessons that we need to learn, if we are sticking the same same family & same kinds of life circumstances. But if the opportunity for a human body arose within the same family with the kinds of lessons that you need to learn, then of course you very well may choose to reincarnate into the same family that you had just died in.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:16 AM
glenos

Possible but highly unlikely.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Knower

I'd like to add to this that I think that it is quite possible that I lived my last life as my father's father. He died a couple of years before I was born. I say this because the man in question was a pilot. My father was a pilot. I am now a pilot and have been obsessed with aviation as long as I can remember; almost as though this interest were preternatural.

Additionally, I know from a very vague past life reading that I received from someone on this forum that I had some kind of an experience in WWII. Although I am now a pacifist, until very recently, I was obsessed with the war.

I think that my father likely absorbed all of the negative personality traits that he has from his father. I am now aware of the fact that al of my traits come from living under my father. Perhaps this lesson is why I was reborn into the same family, if I were. Maybe I am supposed to see from my father in this life how I treated my son in the last life. It is just a working theory, but I'd appreciate anyone else's thoughts on the matter.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:14 AM
breath

I think there are many souls that are combined to a family line who continuous cycles which try to stay close to each other.

The tree of spirit family has many branches, and many fruits on those branches. Kind of thing.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:47 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph123
I'd like to add to this that I think that it is quite possible that I lived my last life as my father's father. He died a couple of years before I was born. I say this because the man in question was a pilot. My father was a pilot. I am now a pilot and have been obsessed with aviation as long as I can remember; almost as though this interest were preternatural.

Additionally, I know from a very vague past life reading that I received from someone on this forum that I had some kind of an experience in WWII. Although I am now a pacifist, until very recently, I was obsessed with the war.

I think that my father likely absorbed all of the negative personality traits that he has from his father. I am now aware of the fact that al of my traits come from living under my father. Perhaps this lesson is why I was reborn into the same family, if I were. Maybe I am supposed to see from my father in this life how I treated my son in the last life. It is just a working theory, but I'd appreciate anyone else's thoughts on the matter.

Sounds very possible. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:54 AM
Ascender

I guess I should add that I sometimes wonder if my daughter is the reincarnation of my dad's mother. My daughter and my dad look very much alike despite him being in his mid sixties and she is barely 5. They are very close together and I think he is her favorite person in the world, aside from me my mom quite often compares how much my daughter looks like my dad's mother when she was alive.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:32 PM
coolchic101

I have shared a couple of past lives with my son.
Here's what I've picked up:

1) I was my son's twin in one life. Our mother abandoned us on the river as infants. My son can not forgive our past life mother.

2) My son was also my sibling in another life.

3) My son was again my son in another life where I was his father and in this lifetime, I am his mother.

Yes, relatives can reincarnate into the same family.