Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 24-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Silva Verrimus

Talking Funny Astral Projection

So I just had this experience that I found pretty funny so I thought I'd share it.

I was having a light daytime nap, the kind where you drift in and out of sleep and remember all your dreams. Then I had this dream that my Dad knocked on my door and he said a weird sentence; ''Come on Son, I'll show you round the rooms, we'll make the beds and then go and get dinner''... So I was like ''Oh ok then...'' but as I went to walk out something caught my eye. Next to my bookshelf was a floating book, and I looked at it and remember saying ''What the heck Dad, books don't float! Why is it floating?'' and the moment I realised I was dreaming I came back to my body. But I think I was only in Beta sleep mode, which means pretty light sleep. When I opened my eyes, I thought, wait a minute, this is a chance for me to project. So I did. I casually stepped out my body, I kept going in and out of it because I kept accidently moving my real body and reminded myself I need to move with my thoughts in the astral plain.

However, It was a very serreal experience. I remember walking around my room for 20 seconds, asking if there was a spirit in here (I wanted to make sure there wasn't so I could relax).

And the only was I could describe how things felt was exactly like Frodo from Lord of the Rings when he puts on the ring. I heard that same wooshing sound and saw air moving infront of me.

Edited by SF staff
Old 03-03-2013, 10:26 PM
cMarie

I heard that wooshing sound also, and felt wind blowing on me...I guess I saw it too now that I think about it. I had forgotten about Frodo, but there was something familiar about it when I experienced it - Thanks for the reminder!

I experienced the wooshing and wind(lol) as I was changing dimensions, or I think that is what I was doing...Still new to projection.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 AM
4OGOUN WORLD20

Yes I had the same exact wooshing sound it felt like gusts of wind
Old 04-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Guide
Lol, that's funny. You can use these things as initiators - something that alerts you to the fact you're dreaming and then you can control the dream from there to explore the depths of your subconscious, or you can try to use being awake in the dream as a springboard for projection.

I too am familiar with wooshing sounds, I have come to conclude it's not anything metaphysical but a product of the brain being half awake, the auditory cortex trying to interpret the impressions of the outside world it receives through the ears while they're in a turned "off" state.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:12 AM
cMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
Lol, that's funny. You can use these things as initiators - something that alerts you to the fact you're dreaming and then you can control the dream from there to explore the depths of your subconscious, or you can try to use being awake in the dream as a springboard for projection.

That is a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

Quote:
I too am familiar with wooshing sounds, I have come to conclude it's not anything metaphysical but a product of the brain being half awake, the auditory cortex trying to interpret the impressions of the outside world it receives through the ears while they're in a turned "off" state.

Very interesting... I hope to have many more experiences so I can test this theory out!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:09 AM
jaydonc

This is a daytime dream and these funny things you mention here in dream we can expect it in daytime nap, lols!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator
I honestly don't feel these rushing-wind sounds are a brain-thing. It's my feeling that they are an astral phenomenon. I have had those sounds, and sensations of the noise of strong wind (and it was a real gale-force!) -both while just going out of body, and also on one early astral projection where I made it to the planes, down a "tunnel"....though this kind of tunnel seemed to be composed of just wind like I was a leaf being blown along at 1000mph. The wind carried me, and it had a profound effect. I felt it on my "face" (though obviously not my physical face) and it was like 'G' forces. This rushing wind carried me to an ancient stone and wood hall, with a fire-pit in the center, like Saxon or Viking-type construction.
So the wind is "Astral wind" and not a brain thing IMO.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:16 AM
cMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I honestly don't feel these rushing-wind sounds are a brain-thing. It's my feeling that they are an astral phenomenon. I have had those sounds, and sensations of the noise of strong wind (and it was a real gale-force!) -both while just going out of body, and also on one early astral projection where I made it to the planes, down a "tunnel"....though this kind of tunnel seemed to be composed of just wind like I was a leaf being blown along at 1000mph. The wind carried me, and it had a profound effect. I felt it on my "face" (though obviously not my physical face) and it was like 'G' forces. This rushing wind carried me to an ancient stone and wood hall, with a fire-pit in the center, like Saxon or Viking-type construction.
So the wind is "Astral wind" and not a brain thing IMO.

Yes I felt it on my face too and it was very strong! I was also carried along. I don't think it was a brain thing...not 100 % sure though because it just happened and the once. But it was very real, like more real than real if that makes sense. It also felt very warm. I really noticed the details of the wind.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:22 AM
cMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydonc
This is a daytime dream and these funny things you mention here in dream we can expect it in daytime nap, lols!

How do you know that? See I have a very active dream life day and night. I may be new to projection but I am very experienced in dreaming, and remembering my dreams. My experience was definitely not a dream.

Or maybe you can explain your knowing to me...because I am open. And so you know I was not trying to project, it happened and it was completely different than dreaming or even lucid dreaming.

How would you determine if an experience was a dream or a projection? I am curious what the criteria is...

Thank you!