Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 11-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Suspended
Hiya Envolucris

Many thanks for your wonderful comments on my splodges.

Your piece is weirdly fascinating. I love how you've captured the light - something I find very difficult. What medium is it? Does it have a title? It makes me want to find out more about it/the artist.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Gracey

why do you loathe your work? is it the content of it? i actually like the creativity of it.

[/quote]
Old 11-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Master
Envolucris, your work is amazing, fascinating, and creative! What Squatchit and Gracey said. It's the type of work I would expect to see in animes and book covers.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Envolucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya Envolucris

Many thanks for your wonderful comments on my splodges.

Your piece is weirdly fascinating. I love how you've captured the light - something I find very difficult. What medium is it? Does it have a title? It makes me want to find out more about it/the artist.

No need to thank me! I actually find myself inspired to experiment with different mediums and styles every time I see your art. There's such a difference between the concept art/realism approach and purely emotional, abstract or representational pieces. Even though they might depict different aspects of visual media, movement and colour are what generally stick in the viewer's mind and connect them to the artist in unique ways.

And wow, thank you so much for the feedback. I'm glad to know there can be a level of fascination with what my psyche spews forth. The title ended up being a combination of "ultradimensional" and "visitor," but I guess "Visitor" works. It's all digital (CS5), like most of my stuff. Saves on work space, but leaves something to be desired. It does allow for some pretty tight details though.

The image was based on two experiences I had; one was some kind of 'OOBE' I didn't recognize at the time. The other was a very cool coincidence with a musician (Darrell Fitton — 'Bola' — highly recommended) to whom I eventually gifted the high resolution version for printing.

Unfortunately I'm trying maintain as much anonymity on here as I can since I eventually aim to share a strange story involving someone I'd rather not draw attention to. Haha, that just sounds kind of paranoid, but it's out of respect to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
why do you loathe your work? is it the content of it? i actually like the creativity of it.

Mostly, my lacking skills. I really struggle with visual art, but it's the one area I've poured myself into since childhood due to the relative low cost of cheap printer paper and pencils.

Still, I know where I lack, and I can't seem to get past that. My digital art is usually too dark, my style too stiff, my grasp of anatomy is never adequate, and I take way too long to finish a piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
Envolucris, your work is amazing, fascinating, and creative! What Squatchit and Gracey said. It's the type of work I would expect to see in animes and book covers.

Jeez, Berry. Thank you so much. I do have a piece on a book cover somewhere, but nothing you'd see on the top seller shelf at your local Barnes and Noble (although it's sold there). I finished a piece last summer that will also adorn a CD cover/insert (as seen below). It's just that I perceive all the flaws in what I do (in art and otherwise) so I'm quick to set it on fire.

I hope more artists post on here! I love to see the collective imagination expressed boldly in every way.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Suspended
Me again. If you will politely let me say, "flippin eck!" - please share more.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:39 AM
Envolucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Me again. If you will politely let me say, "flippin eck!" - please share more.

Well, I'm glad you like. Sadly I don't really have more worthy of sharing, but I could throw a few into a separate thread one of these days. C:
Old 13-02-2013, 10:24 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envolucris

Stephen
- Those videos were very well edited. I thought the film segments in the second one were also competently shot. Even though I don't particularly like 'mudding,' I found the whole thing entertaining to watch.

Thank you Envolucris and I easily agree with the others who posted favorably about your very unique artistic creation... wonderfully done!!

I loooove playing with photoshop, but much of my practice has been with taking existing images and then tweaking them to no end. Photoshop is simply loaded with toys to play with along these lines.... While your's is an origional... and artistically superb! How are you creating your raw design? Are you leapfrogging off other stuff or building the original using a tablet and freehand (or both)? The details and lighting are beautifully crafted....! Bravo..!

Love the second one that you posted as well! Left brain right brain darkness and light... , natural and modern and the soul that shines bright... I would comfortably say that your "lackings" are not evident.. :^)
Old 15-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Master
I can relate to your cd cover. Your artwork is super fantastic and I can see why you are so hard on yourself. There's always room for improvement when one is a perfectionist.
Old 19-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Envolucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
How are you creating your raw design? Are you leapfrogging off other stuff or building the original using a tablet and freehand (or both)?

Aw, thank you, Stephen. I'm glad they impress you so!

All of my art is done completely free-hand on a tablet. I use references when needed, but that's it. I try to replicate the traditional process of pen, pencil and paint as best I can with my digital techniques so that the result stays "true" to my roots.

The 'Visitor' one originally looked like this before I revamped it:

Quote:
Love the second one that you posted as well! Left brain right brain darkness and light... , natural and modern and the soul that shines bright... I would comfortably say that your "lackings" are not evident.

Hahah, yes. Very dichotomous. The musician is a Gemini, naturally, and the entire piece was purged from a single vision.

I made a progress video for it, which shows the process I went through. Not the most professional, but hey—it (kind of) worked in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
I can relate to your cd cover. Your artwork is super fantastic and I can see why you are so hard on yourself. There's always room for improvement when one is a perfectionist.

Haha, I noticed your icon shortly after I made my last post! Is that what you mean? I'd love to hear your take on it.

The cats were kind of a pain in the mule, but everyone ended up loving the "grimcat".

Old 20-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Pathfinder

Oh wow, so many great pictures (including Kaere's stickman - It's so cute, and i like angry stickmen for some reason :P)
And Envolucris, your stuff are really fascinating. Do you have an art website or something?

I'm not much of an artist, but this is one of my favorite drawings - It also comes with a stupid short story (which actually amuses me to no end) if anyone would bother to read it.

Also here's something I did when I was like 15... It's not that great (composition's nasty), but I still kinda like it haha...