Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-08-2019, 06:16 AM
janielee

Thank you, O Blessed One.

Namaste,

Love

J
Old 22-08-2019, 07:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Thank you, O Blessed One.

Namaste,

Love

J
Thank you, O equally Blessed one.

There was a story I heard the other day and I think it came from Sadhguru.

A few years ago, a self-described "seeker of the truth" approached a Guru to learn the secrets of the universe.

He sat at the feet of the master, contemplating his "I am that-ness" when after 5 minutes, his mobile phone went off..

"Excuse me, Guruji, but I really need to take this..it is my girlfriend and she gets really mad if I don't speak with her immediately".

The guru became slightly annoyed, but understood that such things happen and allowed him to take the call in another room.

The seeker returned again, sat at his feet receiving the teachings when after 10 minutes his mobile phone went off again..

"I am SO sorry, Guruji but this time, it is my boss wanting to know if I can do an extra shift tomorrow and if I don't talk to him now, I could lose my job".

The master sighed, but said "very well, you know where the privacy room is, I will see you at the completion of your call".

After ten minutes, the seeker came back "I am sorry again Guruji..now where were we?"

He sat at the master's feet again and after a few minutes, his mobile rang for the third time..

"Sorry, Guruji, my mother is sick and she needs me to go buy some medicine...I need to speak to her to find out what she needs..."

With that, the Guru said "please...just go away...get lost...come back when you are ready".

The seeker said "but I AM ready, master...what makes you think I am not? What a stupid teacher YOU are anyway..." and he stormed out.
Old 22-08-2019, 08:04 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer21
The truth of life is in unity.
This is true only for lower developed societies. Our origin indeed has been a state of oneness but in the course of evolution all-that-is learned to fragment itself into individual parts. We come from oneness but we develop toward individuality. The higher evolved a society is the higher the autonomy of its individuals. The higher the developmental level of an individual soul the higher his or her level of independence and freedom.
Old 22-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
On the level of the superficial, of the observable, perceivable universe, we ARE all separate! We are, in the actuality of structural existence "quantum units of consciousness" which play our unique part in the function of the universe like cogs in a well-oiled machine.

Each of us has a part to play, a role to fulfill and a job to do and identification with ourselves in separation is not erroneous, however it is only half of the story, just like the identification of unity in Non-Dual awareness is only half the story as well.

The essence of Acintyabhedābheda denotes the concept of "Unity in Diversity" however, the diverse and the separation must exist for the unification to occur. (I am God, You are God, but I am not You).
Shivani...really nice insight...thanks for sharing

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 22-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
Okay, that means you yourself made the experience that you ARE all that exists but you can’t it prove to me because you can’t externalize your experiences. Although unsatisfying, the logic is valid.

But how can you make that experience that you ARE ALL?

That would mean that you explicitly experience that there is nothing outside you. But by my understanding one can only experience what he is but you can not experience what you are not. So how do you experience that there is no experience outside you?

I never experienced myself as being conscious within everything. I only experienced being connected to everything when i meditated. I experienced things around me as being part of myself (not what it sounds like). People may interpret that different but its not like it may sound. It wasn't even transformative. However i also felt that the joy i experienced by the surrounding was actually a reflection of what i experienced inside (that sounds pretty obvious in a literal sense because natural opioids in the brain play a part in pleasure aswell). Now however this feeling was more like the joy from the surrounding outside was actually my own. There were no separation between my and others joy and that the joy from my surrounding was an extention of my own joy projected outwards from my own body and at the same time i was the surrounding so not merely my body (however i didn't actually experience myself in a literal sense as being inside my surrounding). Sorry for the confusion though. I may be a little bit wrong as i don't remember the experience precisely. I think i didn't tell my experience correctly, never mind.

I also experienced other meditative experiences aswell. Also i have experienced universal love to all things first hand. Love is another thing that unites everything into oneness. It holds everything together and is everything. Everything is love even a tick. I for example cannot kill a tick. If i have the chance to save a blood thirsty tick i will.
Old 22-08-2019, 05:39 PM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
As some very few human bodies on this planet may be aware of each individual cell that constitute them, it does not mean that each cell of such a body will be aware that the whole body is aware of them. The same goes with our human bodies and the Universe consciousness.

The question remains, for our monkey minds, to know if our individual soul and the universe soul are Unborn or not. And why the Unborn or Nothing decided to Be in creating this the Universe? Or did It create the Universe? Was the Universe always there or is it just a pulsation of the Unborn or Nothing?

Enjoy!

I wonder this too. I saw another post somewhere that only because an idea is popular doesn't mean its true and this really is so. There's so much contradictions everywhere. The universe may grow similar to the brain. Our brain cells looks just like a map of the universe we live in. So what does this even mean? Is there a spiritual aspect to this? Some say time isn't linear but an illusion and that everything happens all at once. What does this say about creation of the universe, souls etc? I dwell so much on these questions but i'm not a physicist so i don't have the answers to these things. I'm very philosophical but the truth is hard to understand even for a philosopher. The horizontal 8 applied to the universe seems logical in one way. Energy cannot be destroyed and mass is a form of energy E=mc2 according to special relativity. So this should in my own logic mean that the energy of the universe always was there. Before this universe there could have been another universe of this same energy. Then after the end of this one the energy recycles and become a new universe or something totally different. But its an endless cycle of becoming. Who knows.
Old 22-08-2019, 09:10 PM
Legrand

Hello Strangerthanfiction,

Just wanted to say, welcome to this forum.

Enjoy!
Old 23-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello Strangerthanfiction,

Just wanted to say, welcome to this forum.

Enjoy!

Thanks Legrand.
Old 23-08-2019, 08:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

No I would not. Especially in India where oneness is understood a lot better than in other cultures.

I relate a lot to that energy of oneness with self. It is an intimacy. We have dark aspects of self as well as those divine aspects within us. That is not a connecting kind of thing. It needs to be inderstood as aspects of the whole self which we are.

Now applying that to All that Is in the same way is the goal. For that to happen the "I Am" needs to be fully embraced. The science of entanglement applies. A very hard intellectual adjustment to make for the brain works with things from a kind of isolation which in my view is fear based. The intellect will resist where the heart wants to go.

John

Thanks. That’s something to dwell upon.

(A late response from my side ... seems I’m not subscribed to this thread.)

It would appear that there are then shades or grades to stillness we experience. The fear or conditioning too as in association with the mind ... as the experiencer experiencing without the doer doing, meaning essentially surrendering, we as consciousness witness stillness, silence, bliss, the magnetised void, images & sounds in an acceptant observational stance without anticipation.

No finality, only continuity.

As of now I feel an interconnectedness but not a oneness even in the experience of Oneness.

Old 23-08-2019, 09:43 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerthanfiction
I never experienced myself as being conscious within everything. I only experienced being connected to everything when i meditated.
iamthat posted:
“The evidence [that everything is one because there is one consciousness behind everything] comes from our own realisations. There may be no objective external evidence, but when we identify with our own nature of pure Being then we realise that there is one Being everywhere and we are that."
And you said:
“This is how I view it too.”

Being connected with everything and being everything are two totally different things, especially in the context of this conversation. If you want to provide evidence that we all are one, experiencing connectedness isn’t helpful. To experience connectedness would rather imply that we are not one but instead individual interconnected parts.

If you wanted to prove that we all are one, in the sense of that we all are aspects of one and the same undividable entity or source,
you had to experience that you are literally everything and that there is nothing outside you.

Quote:
I experienced things around me as being part of myself. People may interpret that different but its not like it may sound.
How would people normally interpret it? I’ve no idea.

Quote:
i also felt that the joy i experienced by the surrounding was actually a reflection of what i experienced inside.

Now however this feeling was more like the joy from the surrounding outside was actually my own. There were no separation between my and others joy and that the joy from my surrounding was an extention of my own joy projected outwards from my own body and at the same time i was the surrounding so not merely my body (however i didn't actually experience myself in a literal sense as being inside my surrounding).
You experienced this when you meditated? What was the surrounding? Supernatural beings from the beyond, objects from the beyond, visualized objects like in a dream?
And could your experience be explained by a very intense form of interconnection, for instance as that there was a channel that led the vibrations of your surrounding into yourself? I think also when we experience emotional-contagion in everyday life there is a kind of channel between us that makes is vibrate in the same frequency as people that surround us.

Quote:
Everything is love even a tick. I for example cannot kill a tick. If i have the chance to save a blood thirsty tick i will.
Don't you believe in reincarnation?
I kill every insect that annoys me and eat meat because I don’t believe that the physical death does play an important role. I also don’t think that abortion and such things are a problem.