Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Knower

Out of body experience and dying

During meditation ive twice had the feeling of being dragged out of my body, one time to the side. That time it didnt feel so powerful. This last time i felt like i really was on my way out, like someone/something asked me if i was ready, then i was scared of dying and "lost it". Is it possible to die while meditating like this, or does just the ego die? Really appreciate answers i dont know if i will have the courage if it happens again, but i think some insight and advice would help! Peace and love - August.
Old 28-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Ascender

Thing is no one can come back and tell you can they??
Old 28-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Master

You cannot die while meditating. You were scared that is why you thought about dying. Anything is possible. You can be walking to the shops, reading a book etc and have a heart attack and die that way. I would not worry about it. You will not die. You might be afraid but will not die.
Old 28-09-2016, 09:56 PM
Deactivated Account
Consider that the fear of 'dying' only stems from the influence of the physical mind (brain) - namely the physical body itself. The more we consciously identify with the physical body as our only 'source of self', the more fearful we are of the perception/imagination of physical 'death'. Your highest nature (which is Pure Consciousness or Soul Energy) has no fear of physical 'death' because it poses absolutely no threat to your Eternal aspect/nature.

So it sounds like you were on the verge of experiencing an OBE (Outer Body Experience) during your meditative practice. Such an experience can be seemingly threatening to the physical mind (brain) because a segment of your Consciousness (Awareness) will experience itself outside of the confines of the physical body. This challenges the preexisting perception & foundation of existing only as a physical body (physical identity).

What I'm trying to convey here is that the fear in this context is coming from only a very limited part of you - the infleunce of the physical mind/brain/body. It is not originating from your higher nature/self/identity - which exists above & independent of this temporary human experience. Through increased understanding of the actual nature of this fear that surfaces - you will be in a better position to counteract it and rise above it.

Hope this helps...
Old 02-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by august2803
During meditation ive twice had the feeling of being dragged out of my body, one time to the side. That time it didnt feel so powerful. This last time i felt like i really was on my way out, like someone/something asked me if i was ready, then i was scared of dying and "lost it". Is it possible to die while meditating like this, or does just the ego die? Really appreciate answers i dont know if i will have the courage if it happens again, but i think some insight and advice would help! Peace and love - August.

I think these experiences are ego death experiences.

what do you mean by lost it?

also when this happened to me, some strange deeper part of my consciousness woke up. When I let go and "died", some deeper part of me lept up and didn't let all of us die.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:59 AM
Knower

This really helps, thanks so much for the answer! Im also afraid of what im going to do if this happens. I heard a story of someone killing his friend, this is a huge mental block for me. Can something like this happen if i sit alone, should i have someone watching me?
Thanks so much for the responses!!
Old 09-10-2016, 09:01 AM
Knower

This really helps, thanks so much for the answer! Im also afraid of what im going to do if this happens. I heard a story of someone killing his friend, this is a huge mental block for me. Can something like this happen if i sit alone, should i have someone watching me?
Old 09-10-2016, 09:04 AM
Knower

It was like i was asked kind of are you ready almost, and i sort of "declined" the oppurtunity out of fear, and it stopped whatever was happening.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by august2803

I wouldn't believe everything you hear... Question everything... If someone actually killed their friend I can't imagine how it had anything to do with meditation or OBE's - likely the result of an underlying mental illness of some kind...
Old 09-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Master

you were reaching an altered state of consciounes , its harmless