Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
OOPS,

Sorry I got those two switched.

No problem.
Old 16-12-2014, 06:15 PM
TaoSandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
This happened several years back, I was listening to psytrance a few days back and it hit me. I cant understand how, because I didn't know who Shiva is until I remembered and looked it up but here goes:

I woke up and got ready to go to school. Did the usual and headed out. As I was walking my way by myself I was looking at the clouds, and there I saw it. Shiva in a lotus position looking straight at me, but it had an evil aura, it looked like Dabura from Dragon ball Z.. But it didnt shock me at all. I couldn't tell if it was a cloud or a visual. Thing is, as we locked eyes it began to spin his head as in a hand of time in a clock but slightly faster. The evil aura surrounded me but I was still hazy from waking early so I just observed without interacting.

Can someone shed some light on what this might mean?

Hypnoticalec,

You know that quote that I said I'd explain later on another one of your posts? It applies here too.
Old 16-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Guide

Hypnoticalic, from a Hindu POV visions are like callings or beckonings. Since we don't proseletyse, sometimes our Gods might do it for us, on the inside. So its like a calling to come explore closer.

The other common interpretation is that it's reconfirmation of existence, and this is generally the interpretation when an individual is in doubt about the reality of the Gods.

Of course there are many other interpretations as well, but most Hindus themselves would see i from one of these two, or also just as 'ordinary'.
Old 17-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoSandwich
Hypnoticalec,

You know that quote that I said I'd explain later on another one of your posts? It applies here too.
Haha yeah I realized as soon as I finished reading your post. Haven't forgotten about it, still haven't reached a conclusion
Old 17-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
Hypnoticalic, from a Hindu POV visions are like callings or beckonings. Since we don't proseletyse, sometimes our Gods might do it for us, on the inside. So its like a calling to come explore closer.

The other common interpretation is that it's reconfirmation of existence, and this is generally the interpretation when an individual is in doubt about the reality of the Gods.

Of course there are many other interpretations as well, but most Hindus themselves would see i from one of these two, or also just as 'ordinary'.
Very interesting. I've always been different and just maybe its for a reason.
Old 17-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Guide

Of course 'different' is relative. Maybe it's everyone else that's different, and you're the normal one.

When this body/mind was very young, and asked what it wanted to be when it grew up, it said, .."I want to go to the high mountains of Tibet to meditate." I have no idea where the idea came from at the time, but 'something' has been with me for a long time.

At one time I considered myself different. But now it seems very normal to be a Hindu, and the people 'out there' in mundane consciousness of materialism, etc. seem to be the odd ones.