Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
I believe in near-death experiences, and even life after death experiences (where people are pronounced medically DEAD but are revived after a couple of minutes). But what seems strange to me is that, why do Christians see Jesus, or Hell or Angels, while people who don't believe in that see Light, rivers, flowers, tunnels, black holes, sweeping darkness, really really vivid colors, "love" (they can't explain what it looks like, they just know)? Perhaps our own faith leads us to see what we see in these experiences, perhaps it takes longer than immediately after death for the "truth" to be revealed. Maybe our Buddhist brothers and sisters will see something significant to their faith too, likewise with our Muslim, Tao, Jewish, etc brothers and sisters.

It was a long time ago that I read Michael Newton's books on the afterlife. One of the cases was of a man who lived a life as a priest preaching rather forcefully to his congregation about hell if his parishioners sinned. When he died and passed over to the other side he recalled being greeted by one of his soul group members (if my memory serves me) who wore a devlish mask to spook him as a prank (given he was a hard nosed preacher of the devil and all). He does spook him .... only to later reveal himself by taking off the mask and they have a laugh about it.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:16 PM
iolite

Has anyone seen the movie "What Dreams May Come"? It stars Robin Williams who loses his children in an automobile accident and his wife to suicide because she can't cope with her grief any more. When Robin dies (he stops to help victims of an auto accident and is killed by an oncoming car. Once dead, he meets guides who turn out to be his son and daughter. He goes in search of his wife and finds her in a dimension that could be described as hell. Except, it is a creation of each of the tormented souls there. They are trapped by reliving their pain, anguish, grief, etc. It is only when they stop focusing on their pain that they realize that they can leave that place. Robin eventually gets his wive to notice him and breaks the "spell". She is then reunited with her family.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Gofa

Love the simple sermons Turn or Burn. But hell starts after judgement in the interim souls are in a waiting pattern in biblical terms hell does not yet exist Watch robin williams in what dreams may come.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Juanita

actually, some of you are correct in that you go where you "expect" to go and "see" what you expect to see -- for a while anyway.....that is why your belief system is "so" important.....
Old 07-07-2012, 02:10 AM
Guide
We create our own reality. Hell is just another one of those creations.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Dragonfhain

Near death experiences and dieing and coming back are things that I believe in. I believe in the Spirit World, but not Hell. I watched the YouTube video and I thought, maybe this girl did see something. I don't know. Very interesting though.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
1) In the many nde studies I've read, the small minority of people who have hellish experiences are generally have conscious or repressed negativity - unresolved pain, anger and guilt issues, to a high degree.

2) The mind can project itself into dreams, and into other-worldly experiences as well. I trust the 98% of nde stories that are consistently about light, pure love and gaining understanding.

Xan

1) Or they were doing hardcore drugs, or they had issues of sexual depravity, or maybe they were downright wicked!

2) Wise counsel.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 07-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Master

There certainly are lower realms in the spirit world for everything must find it's mark, but there is no eternal damnation. That was an invention of the church to terrify the ignorant, superstitious masses into submission.

God is love, so they say and then they chip in about eternal damnation! Hold on a moment... What sort of being would God be if that were true?

God IS love, that bit is true. As for the rest, we are all subject to spiritual Law, which is a self-regulating law. We have free will, to work good or evil.
If someone chooses the latter, then they will have to take the consequences. Consequences which they have brought on themselves. Nobody else is to blame, no vengeful God is involved! Cause and effect...

Old 07-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Ascender
Those who have fixed religious ideas experience exactly what they expect to find on the astral. Hence Christians see Jesus, Buddhists see Buddha, etc. Those who think that they have done wicked things and deserve punishment find what they expect - until they realise the falsity of such a fixed religious view. Whilst those who have less fixed ideas and regard the Source as Pure Love, find just that.

We all have to face up to the mistakes which we have made in life, but such purging is indeed a healing process. This process can be started whilst we are still in the physical, if we honestly regret our mistakes and learn from them.

No-one is condemned by "God", however you interpret that word. Love does not punish or judge. Love could never inflect eternal pain and punishment on any creature. To condemn a someone to everlasting pain and suffering, with no possibility of ever leaving it, would be incredibly cruel and the opposite of love.

But coming to terms with Pure Love does require adaption - for some a little, for some a lot. Hence the astral has varying levels, depending on the spiritual purity of the creature concerned.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Master

Wise words, dear Peter.