Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-07-2018, 07:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Need help with development

Hi all,
I know everyones journey is different and that i should try find the answers within myself but i just cant seem to work it out.
Ive been on this path of mediumship development only for year now but during that timeive had highs and lows and has gone pretty much exactly how people say it goes when developing. However lately its felt like ive hit a brick wall and i cant seem to figure out why. Was hoping someone here may have any messages or advice?
Im always reading and gaining lots of knowledge about the subject and i live a pretty happy and healthy life but i just feel like somethings getting in the way.
Let me know if you want any more info,
Thanks.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:47 AM
Knower
Jakeninja1111

Maybe you need to do some meditation. Maybe certain chakras need to open?? I’ve been where you been and it’s something that your just born with it or it happens gradual. I would just meditate. The human body has an invisible antenna. It just needs work on reception.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Seeker

I greatly sympathise with the OP - my story is so similar!

I have tried development circles with excellent mediums here in the UK and on occasions have amazed myself with clairvoyance, remote viewing and in particular dowsing which comes easily and works brilliantly. However, mediumship just always seems out of my reach.

I should say that I have meditated almost daily for 30-40 minutes or so for about 4 years and again seen some astonishing things but my goal seems unattainable - I wish I knew why I am beginning to believe that it is just not for me. I hope the OP does better!

Chris.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightingalesFlame
Jakeninja1111

Maybe you need to do some meditation. Maybe certain chakras need to open?? I’ve been where you been and it’s something that your just born with it or it happens gradual. I would just meditate. The human body has an invisible antenna. It just needs work on reception.

Thanks,
I meditate daily for 30 mins and been trying to connect and have done so a lot but lately has been off and just not doing well with it. However i will keep going so thanks for the advice.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:35 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsingdoer
I greatly sympathise with the OP - my story is so similar!

I have tried development circles with excellent mediums here in the UK and on occasions have amazed myself with clairvoyance, remote viewing and in particular dowsing which comes easily and works brilliantly. However, mediumship just always seems out of my reach.

I should say that I have meditated almost daily for 30-40 minutes or so for about 4 years and again seen some astonishing things but my goal seems unattainable - I wish I knew why I am beginning to believe that it is just not for me. I hope the OP does better!

Chris.

Hi Chris,
Yes know how ya feel. Im even having trouble trying to find my strongest clair, but i will get there. Ive been trying to organise and find a mediumship circle which doesnt seem to be any in my area but ill keep looking.
Ive had a few awsome experiences and highs do i know i can connect, i guess at end of the day i need help from others to develop, like a circle, or even on this site will be good. The main thing is to not give up! Read lots of books and articles will help!
Thanks
Old 09-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Seeker

Well let's hope we both crack it eventually, - "Read lots of books and articles will help!"- I did not find this to be really effective. It's not like learning a factual subject like science. Books such as "Developing Mediumship" by Gordon Smith doubtless contain valuable information but personally speaking, I found being in a good development circle helped me most. It was like I was able to draw on the collective group energy to boost my own performance, however, on my own, it still left me wanting!

For what it is worth, I was told by both mediums that I was "OK" and it would come when Spirit felt I was ready, trouble is I am getting on in years and soon could be giving messages not receiving them!!!

I do hope you manage to find your way through the "maze".

Chris
Old 09-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Chris,
Yes thanks for that reminder about it will come when spirit want it to come. I tend to need reminding that i need to trust the process of development and that i over think things too much. Its just hard when nothing is comming and i feel i could help so many people with their greif etc. Altho i have been seeing the numbers 11:11, 1:11 and 11 and 17 past any hour multiple times a day at the moment so the angels are trying to tell me something. Maybe that all is ok im guessing.
I hear what ya saying that books arent helping you progress as such id say they are best for setting a foundation and intention in place as they have helped me substantially and given me a great kmowledge about how it all works.
Anyways great talking to you, thanks for your time.
Jake
Old 10-07-2018, 07:35 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeninja1111
Hi all,
I know everyones journey is different and that i should try find the answers within myself but i just cant seem to work it out.
Ive been on this path of mediumship development only for year now but during that timeive had highs and lows and has gone pretty much exactly how people say it goes when developing. However lately its felt like ive hit a brick wall and i cant seem to figure out why. Was hoping someone here may have any messages or advice?
Im always reading and gaining lots of knowledge about the subject and i live a pretty happy and healthy life but i just feel like somethings getting in the way.
Let me know if you want any more info,
Thanks.

If you're in the UK consider approaching a Spiritualist church to see if they have open development circles where an experienced practitioner may be able to help you develop whatever attribute is dominant. Alternatively consider any other facility that offers better, or similar, help and guidance - Spiritualism may not be the only movement that can provide them.

Working by yourself may not be the best way - good luck.

Last edited by leadville : 10-07-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:12 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
If you're in the UK consider approaching a Spiritualist church to see if they have open development circles where an experienced practitioner may be able to help you develop whatever attribute is dominant. Alternatively consider any other facility that offers better, or similar, help and guidance - Spiritualism may not be the only movement that can provide them.

Working by yourself may not be the best way - good luck.

Hi,
Thanks for that reply, yes im definately looking for a development group, im not in the UK but im sure i will find one. Theres one i was going to but they focus on mainly energy healing which i know will help in a way so ill go back until i find another group spacific to mediumship.
Thanks
Old 13-07-2018, 07:34 AM
Experiencer
I was studying to become a medium but I stopped short of acquiring the gift. I realized that to be a medium requires a lot of karmic responsibility.

I believe in this philosophy. Spirit chooses their mediums. It isn't something that can be taught or learned, it is something that you came into this world having the channel already opened.

However telepathic communication with Spirit is a lot like day dreaming. If you're a strong empath you can feel other people's vibrations. People bring their loved ones with them. Spirit speaks really fast, and uses images and feelings to communicate.

Try imagining a white light surrounding your body. Focus on the light, and try and hold onto that. Let the light enter your crown chakra, third eye chakra and heart chakra.

You will notice yourself start to day dream. At first these are only your own thoughts, however as you start to drift, you will begin to feel parallel thoughts to your own. These thoughts are from the Spirit world.

Once you can focus on those thoughts, you must start to create a language with Spirit so you know what each symbol means.

If your guardian Angel decides this gift isn't for you, you may not cross over and speak with Spirit. Remember, it's a gift not a reward or a skill.

Eric