Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 15-06-2018, 06:22 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownparadox
Considering the subconscious handles all the vital function of the body. It can definitely have an impact on the conscious mind. But the conscious doesn't have an impact on the subconscious, or so it would seem. It's like our brains have a firewall between the two. A brief break down of that barrier would most likely provide our conscious a sizable number of answers. But once the firewall is back up. The conscious no longer has access to that information. Giving the feeling that it was forgotten. Which it would be forgotten because the area that information is stored in is no longer accessible.

That makes sense, from what I have experienced. Many times I will tap into the subconscious either via a dream state while sleeping, or through daydreaming. Daydreaming has yielded many unusual incidents of information gathering. What I find with daydreaming is that, if let go, my mind wanders off and sees information and just assumes its everyday, mundane, information but suddenly my conscious mind jumps in when it realizes what I am seeing or saying is anything but the ordinary. Its as if I went through a veil without noticing where information is no longer withheld. In these cases, I seem to remember what I saw and heard.

Quote:
I think any thoughts are subject to have come from the subconscious and are passed off as a creation of the conscious mind. You can not define where a thought comes from, it just pops into your head.

Recently, and by recently I mean within the last 15 years, whenever an idea pops into my head I quickly try to analyze where it came from. Its source seems to never be revealed but I am usually able to feel if the idea came from my mind or was implanted from outside my mind. In other words, if I catch it quickly, I can tell if the idea was incoming out outgoing. Outgoing means I was the origin. When it is incoming, I have no real way of knowing its origin but just chalk it up to my guides. I can only do this if I am fast. There is usually a residual effect left behind. The only problem would be, as you pointed out, "What is the source for outgoing?". I too suspect its the subconscious, and then we are back to square one, determining where the subconscious is located.

Quote:
That's a good question. And I would say there is a very good possibility we are. The subconscious could very well be in complete control. The conscious mind is along for the ride, under the illusion it's in control. I would not be surprised if the subconscious is in constant contact with whatever created us, receiving instructions and relaying what it has learned.

My take on it is, and this is my theory, not something I read anywhere, that its free will, or at least part of free will. We have chosen our path, or paths, in life, that was our free will, which gives our guides, or whatever created us, the right to help us along our path. We have given instructions of what we are attempting to achieve in our lives and then the universe/guides/etc try to maneuver us into the correct positions so we can achieve our goals. But it starts with our free will to set everything in motion. We cannot be angry for our lives and what transpires because its usually part of what we set up. Best to make the best of it and don't lose sight of what we are trying to achieve.

PastPilot
Old 15-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Tedmil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPilot
Thank you. I will have to read up on this. Many theories abound and it just means I need to read more on this subject.
Your welcome. I've had passionate believers of reincarnation completely dismiss the implication of my experience because it wasn't a generally accepted spiritual belief. That's ok. I place far more weight on my personal exexperiences. Likewise, you should draw upon the many experiences you've had, they'll have more significance than anything that has been written.
Old 15-06-2018, 10:26 PM
Deactivated Account

I think this is a very compelling case for reincarnation. If true it raises a lot of questions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYE0WEFz_OA
Old 18-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Knower
Memories

Quote:
I think this is a very compelling case for reincarnation. If true it raises a lot of questions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYE0WEFz_OA

I saw this video when it first aired and actually went out and bought and read the associated book. Usually, when something features prominently in the news or is featured online, and is based on reincarnation, I will buy it and read it, or watch the video, etc. I've been doing this since I was about 16 years old. I have probably ready over 400 books on the subject of spirituality and reincarnation and even attended 10-day meditation retreats. My goal is not to really learn about all the facets of reincarnation but is more to try to understand what I have personally experienced in my life, with regards to reincarnation. I continue to experience new experiences. From the age of 8, I have had many flashbacks and visions of past lives so I am curious to learn more. It has never stopped.

This is the reason I ask questions online, to hear from others, to find out what they have experienced, and to learn from their experiences, and perhaps I can be shown new directions, new concepts, new books to read, and new videos to watch.

The only subject I have had trouble with is Deja Vu. There are a few books on it but none really talk about what it is. Most just say it is not something you can understand and you shouldn't try. That is like saying, see that tall mountain over there, no one can climb it and no one should try. From my personal experience, I know this not to be true; deja vu can be understood.

PastPilot