Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 13-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Pathfinder

I thought about driving to go see it. Since I live in Washington and it would only be a few hours. But I'll see be able to se a partial, so I'm still excited about that.
Old 13-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHawk58
Just thought I would add this link as well.

https://www.space.com/33797-total-so...017-guide.html

Cool, only 7 days away.Anyone got any plans?

I wonder if it's going to be super dark or just a shade kind of dark? I was thinking of maybe going to the beach ( I am close by)

This will be by viewing/time
Old 20-08-2017, 12:48 AM
Deactivated Account

If your going to wing it, you can also make a home device with paper or boxes.

http://i.imgur.com/hLxjUBb.png ( click to enlarge)

or not
Old 20-08-2017, 04:47 AM
Master

EnJoy!!
Old 20-08-2017, 05:50 AM
Guide
Everybody says how dangerous it is to look at, but is a partial eclipse sun more dangerous to look at than the regular sun? Ive glanced at it countless times with just sunglasses, and even without when im driving into the sunset. Im not saying to do it, just wondering if its more dangerous than usual

Welding goggles would do just as good
Old 20-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Deactivated Account

I was watching this video and I was laughing so hard.Steven is a science TV personality. You would be surprised to know, parents really are going nuts over this in schools ( in my area too)

Video:Eclipse are making people crazy

"HELLO, did you know kids are going to look up at the sun , Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday"

I am definitely making a box

Here is a good video fundamentally explaining why a total eclipse such a big deal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNH3akWXaV8
Old 20-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I was watching this video and I was laughing so hard.Steven is a science TV personality. You would be surprised to know, parents really are going nuts over this in schools ( in my area too)

Video:Eclipse are making people crazy

"HELLO, did you know kids are going to look up at the sun , Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday"

I am definitely making a box

Here is a good video fundamentally explaining why a total eclipse such a big deal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNH3akWXaV8
If I was you I'd get some decent info on what you can use to safely watch it with.
We had a full eclipse in the 90s and all kinds of nonsense was said that should be safe, but it wasn't. Some ppl went blind.
Not even a normal, regular welding glass (one that sits in those visors) is strong enough to protect your eyes. You couldn't get any anymore that were strong enough, totally sold out.
So a mere box... I wouldn't go there. If you haven't got decent protection, just feel the energies, the overall changing light, but do not look at the sun.
If you want to watch it and haven't got proper protection, watch it online. At least then you're sure you'll still have healthy eyes afterwards.
Old 20-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
If I was you I'd get some decent info on what you can use to safely watch it with.
We had a full eclipse in the 90s and all kinds of nonsense was said that should be safe, but it wasn't. Some ppl went blind.
Not even a normal, regular welding glass (one that sits in those visors) is strong enough to protect your eyes. You couldn't get any anymore that were strong enough, totally sold out.
So a mere box... I wouldn't go there. If you haven't got decent protection, just feel the energies, the overall changing light, but do not look at the sun.
If you want to watch it and haven't got proper protection, watch it online. At least then you're sure you'll still have healthy eyes afterwards.

Hey Fairy. I would never let my kids out, I mentioned earlier ( in one of these threads) they are watching via live stream. I just found the video humorous is all, its viral with the US parenting community. I know you mean well though, as it should be taken very serious.

My children's school is taking serious precautions tomorrow, we won't be able to pick them up without a 'number ticket' and honestly, still debating if I am even going to take them, and just let them have a day off.

The box is a fun science outdoors project. It doesnt require you to look at the sun at all. You only see the shadow of the eclipse inside the box( looking down with eyes on box, like a projector not at sun). We did one back in middle school from our last eclipse, it was super cool. However, even with glasses, I wouldn't feel comfortable looking up at the sun tomorrow, I may take a few quick glances with glasses, but no way am I going to watch the whole thing, I want to keep my eyes LOL. The thought alone appears freighting which is why I feel the box ( with glasses) would be an easier experience... I def want to feel my surroundings too that day which is a much more important deal to me than seeing, I may even meditate ( eyes closed, heh) during a portion of it.. who knows
Old 20-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Another cool article from the Wash Post. Also tips on watching an eclipse old school style using a cereal box. It works like a projector and please do not look directly at the sun. Have safety glasses in handy :P

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d2a6c210795e