Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 30-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Guide
Cool Science of the sixth sense

https://youtu.be/aiEGjs287UE

Through the wormhole - The sixth sense

Love this series. In this particular episode they talk alot about the sixth sense. One point that I found particularly fascinating was (about 19 min in on this video) when a scientist was conducting an experiment with 2 isolated subjects and put an identical magnetic field around each of their heads, and placed them in a dark sensory deprived room. With one person they randomly turned on a light, and the results showed that the other person also had awareness of when the light was turned on, even though she had no visual perception of it.
This showed to them that through the shared magnetic field on the earth we are capable of being aware of other peoples experiences..and this is likely the medium that is tapped into by the psychically aware as many of the spiritual adepts here are.
It is interesting when science slowly starts to make progress into understanding such phenomena (if they are right or wrong, time will tell....but it is an interesting start)
I should also say the rest of the video is fascinating too
Old 31-03-2016, 08:07 AM
Seeker

It is definitely interesting, thanks for sharing.

However, it is an assumption at best and could be due to a variety of other reasons.

Additionally, it doesn't touch most of the subjects commonly discussed in spirituality.

Still, I think Science can reach the answer but it would require a paradigm shift most likely. Science and Spirituality do not need to be separate, at most using different metaphors.
Old 31-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisen
It is definitely interesting, thanks for sharing.

However, it is an assumption at best and could be due to a variety of other reasons.

Additionally, it doesn't touch most of the subjects commonly discussed in spirituality.

Still, I think Science can reach the answer but it would require a paradigm shift most likely. Science and Spirituality do not need to be separate, at most using different metaphors.

Expecting one experiment to explain all or most subjects discussed in spirituality is asking a bit much...don't ya think?
Old 31-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
Expecting one experiment to explain all or most subjects discussed in spirituality is asking a bit much...don't ya think?

Yes it is :) I'm always exciting to see developments though!
Old 20-04-2016, 12:01 AM
Experiencer
Fascinating!
Old 20-04-2016, 12:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
One point that I found particularly fascinating was (about 19 min in on this video) when a scientist was conducting an experiment with 2 isolated subjects and put an identical magnetic field around each of their heads, and placed them in a dark sensory deprived room. With one person they randomly turned on a light, and the results showed that the other person also had awareness of when the light was turned on, even though she had no visual perception of it.
This showed to them that through the shared magnetic field on the earth we are capable of being aware of other peoples experiences..and this is likely the medium that is tapped into by the psychically aware as many of the spiritual adepts here are.

this bit, even from just you're writeup, reminded me of the
hundredth monkey effect, wherein skills are thought capable
of transferring through a species at a distance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_monkey_effect

a "sixth sense" is rather limited thinking, we've likely got access to many more senses.
particular people may have a magnetic sense (as birds are believed to have); also,
some people can sense barometric changes "in their bones" (often after injuries or such),
which can allow them to predict rain a day ahead of time.
Old 20-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Guide
Yes there are more than five senses.....the "Sixth sense" I was commenting on was worded in the traditional meaning of something more spiritual.

Here is a good article if you are interested in the other physical senses https://hms.harvard.edu/news/harvard...ry-perceptions

Rawn
Old 12-06-2016, 06:49 AM
Master
we all hav 6thsenses we do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 12-06-2016, 09:58 AM
Master
I remember watching this whole thing when it first came out, but couldn't get over the first thought that kept on popping into my mind: "To Jim Carrey, Morgan Freeman was God!" I mean c'mon, riiight?

Seriously, a very good intro to Quantum Physics there and a good refresher course if you just get bored and feel like watching it again. lol

I preferred Marlee Matlin in "What The Bleep Do We Know?" to better explain things...

But what the "bleep" would I know?

Oh and my Angels just said: Game, set and match, SF forum mods! :P

Here's an example of the 'sixth sense' in full action.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Deactivated Account

What about the God Helmet?