Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Mysteriously

I agree with linen53 could be that everything we experience including our connections with others might have something to do with our own perception of reality. What does it all mean?
Old 01-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Forsythia

I have heard that when people commit suicide, the are reincarnated into another life to try and learn the lessons they were supposed to learn. Not quite sure what I believe though.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:47 PM
getgoodvibes

I recommend reading the book "Stephen Lives" by Anne Puryear. Her son, Stephen, committed suicide back in the 70s. Years later, she started channeling him and wrote this book about it. This book has been healing for those who have contemplated suicide as well as those who lost loved ones to suicide. Nothing "bad" happens, you can still go to the light. He did, however, have to deal with the emotions of taking his own life. He felt this tremendous sadness and guilt in the afterlife and wished he wouldn't have done it. But he was not "punished" in any way.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:31 AM
Deactivated Account
What lessons could be learn from committing Suicide? And who exactly is denying these tortured souls access to the peace and bliss they obviously never got? Please don't tell me it's cloaked and unverifiable 'powers that be'...
Old 24-10-2014, 03:18 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCheech
Hi guys. I'm very curious about the spiritual afterlife and I'm starting to develop a real interest for it.

Just recently a friend of mine committed suicide. I have heard people who commit suicide are not totally free of their burdens in the afterlife. I have heard they must try and help their loved ones cope with the pain of their sudden death, among other things.

However my friend had very serious mental illness. He had depression, OCD, and anxiety disorder. All of which were very severe i might add. I've also heard people with mental disorders, get cut a break when they die, for lack of a better term.

So my question is this - What happens when people with serious mental illness commit suicide? Is he still suffering in the afterlife? What became of him?

Everyone has a light spirit, but if your brain condition does not allow you to express your light spirit, then you cannot.

It always exists, and is safe in the light. When we die we are released from all organic chemical signals that cause us to suffer. Suffering stops afterwards.

When family members make contact with spiritual mediums they regain contact via the signals of DNA in which they left. This has given some of us the idea that they are still suffering in spirit, yet they can only communicate through the body which they left which belongs to their life.

I do know of circumstances that has caused some spirits to continually come back trying to notify their family that they are safe after they die. Some Mediums on Earth gain realization of their contact and assist them to heal their anxiousness by advising them.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Knower
I believe personally that we create our own reality, that we are creators before we come here to this "reality" and that we create what we believe after death, but eventually we come to remember the truth of who we are and continue on, whether it's coming back here or moving on to higher dimensions - some of us may even choose to help those back on Earth, or be a guide or a teacher. I don't believe we are punished for our life on Earth, although we may create that circumstance at death.... I believe that there is help waiting for us as soon as we go to the other side, enlightened beings who have been guiding us through our lives. <3
Old 12-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCheech
Hi guys. I'm very curious about the spiritual afterlife and I'm starting to develop a real interest for it.

Just recently a friend of mine committed suicide. I have heard people who commit suicide are not totally free of their burdens in the afterlife. I have heard they must try and help their loved ones cope with the pain of their sudden death, among other things.

However my friend had very serious mental illness. He had depression, OCD, and anxiety disorder. All of which were very severe i might add. I've also heard people with mental disorders, get cut a break when they die, for lack of a better term.

So my question is this - What happens when people with serious mental illness commit suicide? Is he still suffering in the afterlife? What became of him?

The afterlife does not work on a punishment system, let me start off with that to ease any concerns about your friend. Suicide is often considered an act driven by pain, and as such is not something that is held against the soul. The good news is,free of his body and the mental illness attached to it, your friend is likely more at peace with himself than he has been for a while. The real tragedy in these situations is the survivors, who are very much at a loss. While I can't say for sure what he is doing, it's not unusual for a recently departed spirit to linger around their loved ones while they go through the first stages of the grieving process, but past a certain point ((usually around the funeral itself)) only the truly attached spirits continue to linger. Don't hurt for your friend, the other side is a very different place than this one.
Old 13-11-2014, 05:34 AM
Bnhappy

I am not reading all the posts to this question, but simply posting from what I understand. I am a medium, I have had several readings where people who have done this who had a mental illness have came through.

What happens to them, they become energy again without the physical hang ups we have here on this side, so there is no mental illness any longer, nor do they have to suffer, or any crazy stuff you may here of. When they come through they will normally make me feel in one form or another how they were when they were here, in a way that I have the mental illness they had for a brief period, or communicate it to me in some way. They are fine when they pass, it is a physical thing here in the physical reality where they had to deal with, and experience their illness. Outside of the body we are pure energy, if they chose to stay that way they can, this is where you get lower entities that are closest to the physical world, so you can get ghosts, and stuff like that, but that is a choice. These people are more than happy to be away from what they were dealing with from my personal experience, they are happy to no longer have to deal with it. That's about the best I can describe from my personal experience, they don't cross over and stay mentally ill, nor are they forced into some negative place because they committed suicide, they are better off from those I have experienced readings with, and say they are happy and free of it there. I am not saying in any way that it is a good idea for those with a mental illness to commit suicide, growth through lessons still have to be learned, what I am saying is that they are ok, and not having to deal with the way they were when they were here.
Old 13-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Experiencer
Last year, around this time, I lost my best friend to suicide.

I consulted a psychic on this and she informed me that, after some initial difficulty, he had managed to pass on and had begun the healing process.

From what I understand is that there is no judgement save the judgement you bring upon yourself in your own thoughts.

You can understand why this means I have deep trouble concerning the things some religions tell their believers.
Old 14-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Master

in every death, suicide or not. they do come to help us with the loss.

kk