Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Scibat

Looking For Afterlife Evidence...

...That I can believe in.

Long story short:

I am 41 and for all practical purposes an orphan, all of my immediate family have passed on, including a younger (13 year old) brother. Since the last death (my grandfather) I have been searching, fearing and tearing myself apart about the question of our continued existence beyond death.

I am less concerned if I face non-existence when I die, because if that is the case then I won't be aware of it anyway. But what bothers me, is the thought that all of my loved ones are just -gone- (barring my memories of them). Especially my brother, he got cancer at 10 and it took his life at 13, prior to that we lived in a semi-broken home rife with abuse.

It seems offensive to me that the universe would have him life a life like that then snuff him out of existence at 13. I have asked my friends and they have all had some personal experience (usually involving the passing of one of their loved ones) that provided them with evidence of the continued existence of those who have passed on. (Like sensing the presence of the loved one shortly after their death).

Me, I have soul searched, researched and even prayed for some kind of -experience- to happen to me that would offer me some comfort or closure in knowing he (my brother) is ok, along with the rest of my family. However I seem to be spiritually dead or something as I have had no experiences out of the ordinary, and certainly no messages or indications from my loved ones that they still exist somehow. I am science-minded by nature, but not a closed minded skeptic -- I need evidence, but once presented and able to be verified, I accept it.

So I am left in this state of permanent anxiety over the matter, and have been for some years. Some of the things I read make me think their could be an afterlife, but then there is just as much that leads me to think that such isn't possible. Forgive the rambling, I don't sleep well or a lot and this being typed during one of my bouts of insomnia, but if anyone has any thoughts, help or insights that might get me through this once and for all I would be eternally grateful.
Old 16-11-2010, 10:36 AM
deepsea

Come Scibat,join us on the Mediumship forum,you will learn so much on there.
Many experienced members would help you to come to terms with your hurts and loneliness.
Deapsea
Old 16-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Master
I'm looking for evidence of life here, Now, all I see is the walking dead lol.
Old 16-11-2010, 11:15 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I'm looking for evidence of life here, Now, all I see is the walking dead lol.

You speak for yourself, I may be still walking (not on a walking frame yet ) but still alive,I hope. Looks for signs to see if blood is still flowing.

Deapsea
Old 16-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Master
Hello Scibat,

One of the films that I like a lot is called "Proof". It presents many of the things that you seek in a nice way. In this particular case, the main character was looking for the proof about love. Similar in many respects to what you wish to verify.

The experience you requested, the one to satisfy your logical mind, was ignored by the Intelligent Designer in your life. I myself would not like that particular experience - being ignored. That would make me angry.

I suspect that you need to make a better request. Something you know will not be ignored. Something that a person like yourself can feel.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 16-11-2010, 12:04 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello Scibat,

One of the films that I like a lot is called "Proof". It presents many of the things that you seek in a nice way. In this particular case, the main character was looking for the proof about love. Similar in many respects to what you wish to verify.

The experience you requested, the one to satisfy your logical mind, was ignored by the Intelligent Designer in your life. I myself would not like that particular experience - being ignored. That would make me angry.

I suspect that you need to make a better request. Something you know will not be ignored. Something that a person like yourself can feel.

Best Wishes!!
John

You have a very interesting site,John
Deepsea.
Old 16-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Greenslade

Hi Scibat

There will never be any physical proof, reincarnation leaves everything physical behind.

I would go with Deapsea, personally. You are looking for answers in the wrong place. It might be difficult and this won't be easy by any means, but what you have to do is look beyond your sorrow and pain. Use it if you can, to help you climb past the barriers that the human perception can put up and have a look at what's out there. Death is not the end, it's a doorway to so many things and places beyond... The Beyond. Love is the one thing that connects us all, and while Love can turn to sorrow you can turn that sorrow back to Love again. As long as you hold your Loved ones in your Heart they'll never be far away from you, will will always have something of them that will last forever.

Go find out about mediumship. Perhaps it'll be like learning to drive a car so you can go visit them. Perhaps then you will see that they're not so far away after all. The connections are never broken, but our perception can be. Take the time out, set aside a little when it's quiet and you feel ready. Calm your mind, meditate or whatever you do to bring what peace you can. Then sit down and think of them, remember them. Honour their Paths and tell them that one day your footprints will mingle with theirs again. That will be happening until long after the sun has gone dead.
Old 16-11-2010, 12:58 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
...That I can believe in.

Long story short:

I am 41 and for all practical purposes an orphan, all of my immediate family have passed on, including a younger (13 year old) brother. Since the last death (my grandfather) I have been searching, fearing and tearing myself apart about the question of our continued existence beyond death.

I am less concerned if I face non-existence when I die, because if that is the case then I won't be aware of it anyway. But what bothers me, is the thought that all of my loved ones are just -gone- (barring my memories of them). Especially my brother, he got cancer at 10 and it took his life at 13, prior to that we lived in a semi-broken home rife with abuse.

It seems offensive to me that the universe would have him life a life like that then snuff him out of existence at 13. I have asked my friends and they have all had some personal experience (usually involving the passing of one of their loved ones) that provided them with evidence of the continued existence of those who have passed on. (Like sensing the presence of the loved one shortly after their death).

Me, I have soul searched, researched and even prayed for some kind of -experience- to happen to me that would offer me some comfort or closure in knowing he (my brother) is ok, along with the rest of my family. However I seem to be spiritually dead or something as I have had no experiences out of the ordinary, and certainly no messages or indications from my loved ones that they still exist somehow. I am science-minded by nature, but not a closed minded skeptic -- I need evidence, but once presented and able to be verified, I accept it.

So I am left in this state of permanent anxiety over the matter, and have been for some years. Some of the things I read make me think their could be an afterlife, but then there is just as much that leads me to think that such isn't possible. Forgive the rambling, I don't sleep well or a lot and this being typed during one of my bouts of insomnia, but if anyone has any thoughts, help or insights that might get me through this once and for all I would be eternally grateful.

I feel so bad for you. There are many worthy posted suggestions but in the USA it's not easy to point you in a direction which could help.

May I explain by saying that in the UK there are many Spiritualist churches in which you would find an approach to death and life which might bring you some reassurance. It's regrettable that in the US such churches are few and far-between.

If you would be willing to read about what underpins the philosophy and religion (in the UK) of Spiritualism (which has its roots in Hydesville,NY) then I feel sure our members will be able to suggest suitable sources.

These, and other, forum boards may also have information which will help you and I would encourage you to investigate some of the subjects to see what appeals to you. Later you may find yourself drawn to learn more about specific subjects.

As a final, and very personal comment, Spiritualism isn't about 'speaking with the dead' as its detractors often like to accuse.
Old 16-11-2010, 06:00 PM
eraser

Scibat, the only "evidence" you're likely to find is anecdotal. Then it usually comes down to what you believe. Some beliefs are grounded in provable fact (I believe I'll fall to the ground if I jump off a roof). Some are built upon a foundation of hope and faith and trust.

I nearly drowned as a youngster. I came away from the experience with a deep-seated sense that all life is connected and all life is eternal. As a consequence, my fear of death disappeared. I can't say for certain exactly what will happen when my body finally stops but I know the essential me will continue on.

Don't be afraid. The journey is one we all make (and one many believe most of us have already made many times).
Old 17-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
You have a very interesting site,John
Deepsea.

Thank You, Deepsea!!

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/