Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 06-11-2010, 07:29 AM
sunny shine

size of crystals! do they matter?

I am thinking of using crystals for some of my spiritual development excercises, i was wondering if i need to consider the size of the crystal when buying one?

I am drawn to clear quartz crystal. I know there are crystal clusters, pencil crystals etc. which ones to buy?

thanks for your suggestions
Old 06-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Master
I have yet to buy any stones or crystals but I have a few that were found while campinging in the desert or given as gifts. From what I've read and my feelings about that, it's more if a stone catches your attention, it could be any form or size, and that makes sense to me. and if you have the purpose of using it to heal, texture may be important, and it may call for a rough or smooth, depending on the gut feeling of the situation. Not very scientific, but for what it's worth~

Old 06-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Mystfied

I have found for myself it is whatever I feel most drawn to ,I have a variety of different sizes each one feeling special to me.

So I suggest that you purchase whatever crystals that seem to call out to you.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Amberly

Yeah the crystals we need alway's call to us. We alway's seem to be drawn to the one's we need. That's what i've alway's found. As for the size i don't think it really matter's they still have the same healing properties big or small. I don't really have any big pieces even though i would love you own some. I guess it all depends on what we can afford. There are some beautiful pieces out there that are actually quite small. I recently received a gift of a citrine generator and it only cost a couple of pound. Big doesn't necessarily mean better. I love clear quartz too. I have many pieces in different shapes and forms. I simply can't have enough
Old 06-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Master
To me it's what I"m drawn to. For some reason I prefer bigger crystals so now I"m buying them and I love them. However, smaller crystals to me have the exact same energy.
It's just what you think about the cyrstal what your gut tells you.
SPiritlite.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Master
Size doesn't matter. When I look at my collection though - they are all quite small peices. But that's what I am drawn to.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:45 AM
sunny shine

thank you all for your replies, i did my first crystal purchase yesterday i went to buy clear quartz but got rose quartz too, i some how preferred them to be uncut for the natural feeling, and right now my crystals are getting cleansed in rain water and thunder storm outside, well everything kind of sync and its new moon today. so overall great. i will be back with more questions on how to use them thanks guys.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:27 AM
SoaringSpirit

I would say just to use your intuition to buy them. Personally I don't think that the size of the stone matters that much except for how you are to use it. If you want to be putting stones/crystals on a persons body, you wouldn't want to use a 1.2kg stone LOL

I use a variety of sizes depending on the use. I find that the metaphysical properties don't seem to be affected by size, but the energy does. A bigger stone gives of more energy, simply because its size amplifies the energy.

Obviously a lot of this also depends on the individual. Some people are more affected by certain stones/crystals than others are.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Sangress

The larger the crystal, the larger the crystals aura.

Large crystals are good for cleansing smaller crystals because their aura (and the effect their aura gives) covers a larger area.

Other than that size really does not matter.

If you want a crystal to hold more energy, make the energy more dense.

If you want the crystal to create more energy, pull more energy out of it than it can handle and it will create more of the stuff, then you can put what you took from it back within it.

I find small crystals are convenient. Large crystals are good for grids and to give a subtle effect to a larger area.

Personally, I find stretching my consciousness down to a natural source and using that without disrupting the natural balance (as harvesting crystals..etc would,) is much more beneficial.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Experiencer
In this case "Size Doesn't matter" but the crystals structure does.. If the crystal is ill forums or contains hair line fractures, mind you many are cut by person whom are not aware of these things we look for in crystals and minerals.. so They simply cut at pressure points unaware that the damage which will occur later. Always view your newly acquired or interest in crystals very closely. Reject anything that may have a flaw, crack or impurity. But the design and shape of the crystal or minerals can also allow you to focus, channel or extract what is desired within your realm of thinking. Although My crystals and minerals are not all perfect or museum quality, There are perfect in my eyes and that all that matters.