Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 25-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Kapitan_Prien

It's just called 'The Vug'. Should be the first one to come up under a google search.
Old 25-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Master
Thanks looking it up now.
Spiritlite.
Old 25-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Kapitan_Prien

You're Welcome :-)
Old 27-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Sangress

ooh, pretty....*paws at it*

But not natural hematite. That stuff in that pic has clearly been tampered with.

And no, I don't know any sites to get the real stuff.
Old 27-10-2010, 09:48 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
ooh, pretty....*paws at it*

But not natural hematite. That stuff in that pic has clearly been tampered with.

And no, I don't know any sites to get the real stuff.

Agreed, that is not natural hematite. You can purchase the real thing at any gem and mineral show... my town has one every summer with hundreds of vendors manning booths. You can also order it from internet sites. I have trouble staying fully in the body, and I use it for grounding. I carry a rather large chunk of it in my car for just that reason!
Old 27-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Sangress

Heh.

I use hematite for exactly the same thing, LightFilledHeart, along with the fact that it makes your energy gain about 100 metaphysical kilos so its very difficult to loose or have any of your energy drained or manipulated/effected.

On the flip side it helps you pull energy into yourself if you need it, though at times the pull can be too great and the rock itself can drain the energy out of you and force it deep into the ground, or keep it locked inside the rock itself.

Hematite, when used properly and in moderation, is very beneficial.

I'd recommend the regular use of it to anyone who doesn't have a fragile energy system.
Old 28-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Master
Man I need some real hematite and now I'm not even trusting websites for this.
Spiritlite.
Old 29-10-2010, 12:13 AM
LightFilledHeart

Hi Ssangress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Heh.

I use hematite for exactly the same thing, LightFilledHeart, along with the fact that it makes your energy gain about 100 metaphysical kilos so its very difficult to loose or have any of your energy drained or manipulated/effected.

On the flip side it helps you pull energy into yourself if you need it, though at times the pull can be too great and the rock itself can drain the energy out of you and force it deep into the ground, or keep it locked inside the rock itself.

I did not know hemitite had the other properties you describe above...what a beneficial stone! It clearly needs to be used with caution and awareness, but I think it's worth it.

Hematite, when used properly and in moderation, is very beneficial.

I'd recommend the regular use of it to anyone who doesn't have a fragile energy system.

I've always used it to keep me grounded and in the body, as I say. I'm glad to know of its other uses. Thank you!
Old 29-10-2010, 12:15 AM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Man I need some real hematite and now I'm not even trusting websites for this.
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite, do you know what it looks like? That sort of grey steely color? If you know what it looks like, you can readily find it at any store that sells rocks and minerals, at gem fairs as I said before, or even here on the Net. It's not hard to recognize. Good luck in your search!
Old 29-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Sangress

I'm trying to find a picture of it....but i think i will just take a photo of my real specimen instead. *Later I will edit this with the link to the photo, because i cant shove photos up here properly...*

My specimen is the oldest form of hematite. To put it simply it basically Pyrite after its fossilized and then heated naturally by volcanic activity. (Many times you'll find someone has actually cheated and melted and reformed your stone for you at least twice, the trick to know if this is true is that the "grain" of the stone should move in different directions, not horizontally.)

Now that the show-and-tell is over, we can look at photos.

This is the side of the rock, I put it to the light to show the red "dust" that had been lodged in it during excavation and later hardened. *wonders why the picture is on its side* oh well, you get the idea.

http://ppxsrq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1prUEel1RSuyX2_Qxx5N5ti6ffdWjSoGpbW4V8s2dHI3uNwXY s5lGQAAzQ_-8Y6Ujq1cmmZ0I4kY8tDp7uagZoOSZu-l1f41B6/DSCF1223.JPG?psid=1

This is the top of the rock. It has a blue or metallic sheen when its in the shadow. The actual colour of the stone varies (metallic, straight black, blue black or brown luster...etc) according to what it was formed from and how it was formed.

http://ppxsrq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pb5N5gbS5NsKjd2gl862d7eb8x4XnCHDig7uSNVn0NUFNrqe 51to8_rXjL6NG8v2CMn7s2xA81yFus5Qp5KCkvLOX6Lt7voH-/DSCF1224.JPG?psid=1

And here's the underside of the rock, I'm pretty sure it was just pulled out rather than cut off a larger piece of hematite because the under surface is relatively rough. I could be mistaken though.

http://ppxsrq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Hca8IT44b0G_fcOl1WTHGE_iNbvQX2ya-NtnqoBX6O3S7imtIrQ45VSdetbdZmH3WQvZ58V3yElTBr7cXdq VZRw2pdS8n0m/DSCF1225.JPG?psid=1

So, there you have your photos. (And thank you for letting me brag a little. ;p)

Last edited by Sangress : 29-10-2010 at 10:37 PM.