Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-02-2013, 06:29 PM
StephenK

So here's where I think most of the confusion on this is...

We are souls in a physical body
the body is on a physical timer
the bodies around us come and go
little things grow up to be bigger things then eventually die
as we're physical we then align with this rhythm
thus mistaking this rhythm for that which is "I"

But I, is me, is uniquely myself... I was before this.. I am after this.. while I am as I am, while I'm this...

The I that is me is not physical... but it looks and feels this way while I inhabit a physical body... so when I die I am still me... the death itself was merely a shifting of focus...
Old 18-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator
There is no Death. Only continual change and transformation .....(until eventual absorption into the Source? Probably.) Though I cannot know from personal experience where our ultimate destination lies, I do know there is no death.
Old 22-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark payne
I don't believe in death, I have thought about alot, and for a long time, like most things that don't make sense to me, I think about them, and I try to see how it feels to me, and I've decided that death is something that is manmade, thats its an end, its final, there is no more, one chance, thats all folks! No second chance, no refund, no nothing, why?
You could go to heaven, why? I want to experience more, to try out something else, live another live, see what its like to be someone/ something else.
I know many people who have said when the question of death has come up, "they bury you in the ground, and thats it!"
What about your spirit, where does that go then, don't these people think they have one?
We are spirits having a human experience,
Not a human having a spiritual experience.

I find the concepts of life and death so interesting. I don't know, was one dead before this existence because apparently life isn't unique or do we think it is. Because of it I think preexistence is clear.

The thing is we all know the physical reason for death but where I differ is wondering if it the main one. I think it is. But reason for life seems a bit more obscure . You say we are spirits having a human experience, not a human having a spiritual one. Of course there is a 3rd option. We still want to have our cake and eat it to. We say the human experience ends where the spiritual one does not. Do the same experiences of human experience apply.

In truth I must say I do have a few experiential questions knowing I am not prepared to know, cause and this is me, only me, I would not hesitate to punch creator in the mouth. That's my urge. I think we may spiritually be advanced that equal human advancement. I think there is as much drama here as in the spiritual world and we are very young having much to learn.
Old 22-02-2013, 06:06 PM
MU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGuruPaul
My opinion: Death is not just the end of your life, but the continuation of your life, it is what constructs you and everyone around you constantly. Death is actually right with us, along with life, at the same time together, at this very moment, even when were alive.

This is Steve Rowe's "grief and life" philosophy, I agree.

Quote:
There is a big black hole of nothingness right next to us, right now, and it's dark, but its there along with everything else you see in front of you. Both are intertwined together to create this expansive field of infinite energy that allows us to continue on forever, for eternity.

Now you're "reaching".
Old 22-02-2013, 06:08 PM
MU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
In truth I must say I do have a few experiential questions knowing I am not prepared to know, cause and this is me, only me, I would not hesitate to punch creator in the mouth. That's my urge.

Good money is on the creator.

Quote:
I think we may spiritually be advanced that equal human advancement. I think there is as much drama here as in the spiritual world and we are very young having much to learn.

Guessing is fun, yes?
Old 22-02-2013, 06:46 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
In truth I must say I do have a few experiential questions knowing I am not prepared to know, cause and this is me, only me, I would not hesitate to punch creator in the mouth. That's my urge.

Here's my qualifier in relation to this one.... If it turns our that the creator is as shallow and as mind-numblying stupid as religion makes "him?" seem to be, then by all means... wail away... I'm planing on carrying a baseball bat with me when I pass on so I can at least get a swing or two in before being sent to the proverbial hell, should this be the case.....

....a religious style heaven would indeed be hell... I like harp music, but really...? :^)
Old 22-02-2013, 08:33 PM
partofme

Here are my 2 cents worth....

I think that we go where we want to, where we choose to. Whether it be 6 feet under, whether it be incarnated, whether it be heaven, or hell(I have yet to completely sort out that specific aspect) Being of agnostic mind until the "winged" sound I experienced challenged those beliefs.
For those that feel like they didnt accomplish what they wanted, they go on again. For those that die from disease, in accidents, untimely..they too, get another chance.
And to throw this curve ball into the mix, that this was all brought on by the aliens (creating all demensions) tweaking us and allowing us to experience any of this at our own free will of sorts.
Old 22-02-2013, 08:53 PM
MU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by partofme
Here are my 2 cents worth....

I think that we go where we want to, where we choose to. Whether it be 6 feet under, whether it be incarnated, whether it be heaven, or hell(I have yet to completely sort out that specific aspect) Being of agnostic mind until the "winged" sound I experienced challenged those beliefs.
For those that feel like they didnt accomplish what they wanted, they go on again. For those that die from disease, in accidents, untimely..they too, get another chance.
And to throw this curve ball into the mix, that this was all brought on by the aliens (creating all demensions) tweaking us and allowing us to experience any of this at our own free will of sorts.
That pitch was wide of the plate. Ball four.
Old 22-02-2013, 09:22 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU!!
That pitch was wide of the plate. Ball four.

But what if he (she?), instead, was playing football? :^)
Old 22-02-2013, 09:26 PM
MU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
But what if he (she?), instead, was playing football? :^)
Soccer or futbol?

He/she said she was curving the ball so I assumed beezball.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 26-02-2013 at 06:13 AM.